• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

wasn't TigerDirect selling this new for $60 after $20MIR ($70 today)

This thing is terrible. We have 10 of them at work that we are throwing away because the Chrome web browser crashes every three hours and there are no other browsers that can be installed. We literally just needed them to be able to display a web page on a monitor and they couldn't handle the task...

mrgordon said:   This thing is terrible. We have 10 of them at work that we are throwing away because the Chrome web browser crashes every three hours and there are no other browsers that can be installed. We literally just needed them to be able to display a web page on a monitor and they couldn't handle the task...

have you tried updating it to the latest release? I've been using one since it came out and it's been perfect for me. I'm jumping on this deal to give one to my parents.

We were on the latest version as of a month or two ago. I assume there hasn't been a new one released.

You can find tons of threads about people having this problem. Try searching for "Logitech revue chrome crash" or "Logitech revue shockwave crash". There was a "fix" for the Shockwave crash issue but many people report that Chrome still crashes on 3.2 and it certainly does on my Revues. Logitech has received a lot of bad press for this unit.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/Rf7irI07zZU/3...
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue-and-Accessories/Shockwave-St...

Can you play regular mkv, avi etc video files with this from a UBS or over a network connection?

financeautomizer said:   Can you play regular mkv, avi etc video files with this from a UBS or over a network connection?

absolutely , i play back using gtvbox app , as well as the built in player . this box has hdmi pass thru , that coupled with cable box or sat receiver give to great all around control . you can control your av receiver as well , just like a universal remote. have owned since the day it went 99 bucks.

People seem to love it or hate it, but I find it is the "best bang for the buck" for a device of it's type. I have four of them and although, not perfect, they work fine for me. The flash/shockwave problem is as much an Adobe problem as it is the revue. Most companies are moving away from flash.

I purchased three of them last Christmas and been very happy with it. We use it for light surfing but mostly Netflix and watching YouTube videos.

The keyboard is nice and works well. We leave ours on and have not had to replace the batteries in the last year. I did find the Logitech video player to be buggy last year when trying to index our music and video collection. It is a large collection. Have not tried against since last January so do not know if improved.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014