• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Don't forget FatWallet Cash Back. Also 5% CashBack from chase freedom.

Update 12/14 - bestbuy now offering now with free shipping, free site to store.

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ipad
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Again live!! Be quick!!

Go to next screen and select shipping and for me it showed:"Shipping: Estimated to arrive 12/19-1... (more)

akbungle (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 2:24p) |

Looks dead again.

akbungle (Dec. 15, 2012 @ 6:27p) |

Has anyone tried Price matching this from Amazon?

DandyIsMandy (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 10:56p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Dang you seeufriend.... had already talked myself OUT of upgrading my tablet this xmas, and you have to post this deal.

Combine that with BestBuy's 18 month financing with their credit card, and another suck has been found.

(Ultimately, though - Nice one OP!)

Only $450 for an outdated tablet! WOW! In for 19

Anyone know how long will BB price match after a purchase has been made from them? Their website does not say how long the will price match from the original purchase date.

Put price in title please

Price match is 30 days based on the fact that you have that much time to return and rebuy. 45 days if you are premier silver

Thanks for posting OP

Wifi or otherwise?

Wifi 32, not much of a deal.

froggyaaaaa said:   thanks apple for totally screwing up your generation numbers of all YOUR PRODUCTS, ITS HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHAT ACTUAL MODEL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ANYMORE. GEN3. GEN 2 , RETINA, THE "NEW"THIS,the "new" that,, S, 4S,screw it,

Simple - iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3rd gen, iPad 4th gen.

Problem solved.

froggyaaaaa said:   thanks apple for totally screwing up your generation numbers of all YOUR PRODUCTS, ITS HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHAT ACTUAL MODEL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ANYMORE. GEN3. GEN 2 , RETINA, THE "NEW"THIS,the "new" that,, S, 4S,screw it,

I'm sure they're going to miss you...

Green from me. This model is $469 for the refurb at Apple Store.

foglem said:   Wifi 32, not much of a deal.

I think this is a good deal for this particular device.

I would have preferred to have $100 off the 16GB, though.

I purchased it on my AMEX and got the additional $25 rebate.

So white or black? I have a White iPad 2 and like it but always wondered if I would have preferred the black and now that my wife wants one here is my chance. Do fingerprints show up a lot more on the black bezel?

I have a black ipad two and don't notice fingerprints at all when I'm using it. Once it's on a stand charging the fingerprints are noticeable.

Only $799.99 right now on QVC. Why buy at Best Buy? Oh! QVC is selling the 16GB model and will ship on 12/17. Shipping is Free and a few crappy accessories are included (what else do you want?). And callers are calling like crezy -- Oh! My God! What a Deal!!!!

Seriously, Any lawyer here? Want to sue these as***es?

Tintin

He's right. The 4th gen Ipad is now called "Ipad with Retina Display". Well, the "New Ipad"(ver.3) also had the Retina Display! How do we know which is really being referred to? And you can easily see how a vendor can misrepresent which Ipad they are selling, since the description would be fitting for both. I know people who don't even know that the 4th gen Ipad came out, so they can be easily tricked. And Apple's store and website seem to only refer to the Ipad 2 and the Ipad with Retina Display. What happened to the "New Ipad" anyway? What kind of logic is used when they are selling version 2 and 4, but not 3?
But to be honest, It's pretty much just the Ipad they are making confusing. The phones and Ipods aren't hard to understand.

Mitch said:   froggyaaaaa said:   thanks apple for totally screwing up your generation numbers of all YOUR PRODUCTS, ITS HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHAT ACTUAL MODEL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ANYMORE. GEN3. GEN 2 , RETINA, THE "NEW"THIS,the "new" that,, S, 4S,screw it,

He's right. The 4th gen Ipad is now called "Ipad with Retina Display". Well, the "New Ipad"(ver.3) also had the Retina Display! How do we know which is really being referred to? And you can easily see how a vendor can misrepresent which Ipad they are selling, since the description would be fitting for both. I know people who don't even know that the 4th gen Ipad came out, so they can be easily tricked. And Apple's store and website seem to only refer to the Ipad 2 and the Ipad with Retina Display. What happened to the "New Ipad" anyway? What kind of logic is used when they are selling version 2 and 4, but not 3?
But to be honest, It's pretty much just the Ipad they are making confusing. The phones and Ipods aren't hard to understand.

Totally agree!

$60 off the new ipad (4th gen) on Black Friday makes this moot, so this isn't hot.

Thanks OP!

Regarding the Ipad 3/Ipad 4 confusion, I just came back from a Best Buy store after a bad customer service experience with an Apple employee. He repeatedly tried to dodge my attempts to figure out if my ipad is in fact 3rd gen. He took a pretty defensive stance and kept telling me to trust his word and pointing to his shirt with an apple logo. His final solution was telling me to return it if I didn't believe him. Not an asset to the Apple brand. I was doing fine with a Best Buy CSR before he volunteered his "expertise".

Wow, great find. Thanks for taking time to share this deal. I wanna buy one for my young sister.

polishdreamer said:   $60 off the new ipad (4th gen) on Black Friday makes this moot, so this isn't hot.

Only if you provide us with a FAR deal on a time machine.

polishdreamer said:   $60 off the new iPad (4th gen) on Black Friday makes this moot, so this isn't hot.

This makes no sense to me, let's use the 32GB WiFi as an example:

Black Friday deal $600 - $60 = $540 for newest model

This deal $550 - $100 = $450 for third generation Which makes this within $50.00 of what they sell the iPad 2 for.

That is still a difference of $90.00 which I would hardly call moot.

Also as a previous poster commented Apple.com sells their refurbished 3rd gen 32gb WiFi model for $470.

Plus iPad 3 still has the same old connector, so if you've already got a bunch of chargers and older apple products they all should work. The "new" iPad (4th) get has the newer connector which means buying adapters or all new accessories.

I bought the 3rd gen 32gb came with a $75 bbuy gf for $549. This "deal" is still available on the website but says not avail for shipping and all the stores in my state come up as "not available" for store pick up. I have received the gc but they have not even shipped the ipad yet. Now they offer this deal which is $25 better. Same thing - not avail for shipping and not avail for store pick up in my state. Will they price match this new offer w/ my pending purchase and give me a $25 credit or will they see this as 2 different items as this is how they are displayed on the website.

Edit to add that I have not been charged for the purchase yet as it has not shipped so do I have to wait for the charge to post before I can call to ask for the price match?

TIA

paymoretaxes said:   Regarding the Ipad 3/Ipad 4 confusion, I just came back from a Best Buy store after a bad customer service experience with an Apple employee. He repeatedly tried to dodge my attempts to figure out if my ipad is in fact 3rd gen.
3G as opposed to 2 or 4? In box or out of box?

4G is easy to identify by the Lightning Connector. If it's still in the box the 4G will say what's included on the back and it will say "Lightning Connector." There are a couple other ways but that is the easiest. So that's how you tell 3G from 4G.

2G vs. 3G? You could always go by model number on the back. Google to find out which is which.

It's really not that hard.

The only physical difference that I've seen from 3rd to "4th" (which I had no idea was out until a friend came over with one this weekend) is that the speaker holes are a lot larger.

lamoof said:   The only physical difference that I've seen from 3rd to "4th" (which I had no idea was out until a friend came over with one this weekend) is that the speaker holes are a lot larger.

The different dock connector is what you should look for.

slickdeal45 said:   lamoof said:   The only physical difference that I've seen from 3rd to "4th" (which I had no idea was out until a friend came over with one this weekend) is that the speaker holes are a lot larger.

The different dock connector is what you should look for.

It will also not identify the GB size on the back.

Yes on serious Note lot lot of people r getting confused with it. how ever here it is some info.

There is Nothing like IPAD 4th generation. ( Some retailers say or updated that way and it is fine and when they say it is IPAD 4th - it is NEWER MODEL which is release on NOV 2 2012 with A6 Processor + Retina Display and it is NOT 30 PIN charging method).

IPAD 3 with Retina it is Older model with A5 processor.

IPAD 3 with Retina with A6 processor it is NEWER MODEL(MD510LL/A - BLACK MODEL 16GB). ALways try to get model # for the one ur looking and keep searching.

NEWER MODEL I GOT FROM BESTBUY for 426$ ( after 10% CB from Discover card). which is pretty good deal...

The third one is easier to "manipulate" (if you know what I mean )

SquarePeggy said:   I bought the 3rd gen 32gb came with a $75 bbuy gf for $549. This "deal" is still available on the website but says not avail for shipping and all the stores in my state come up as "not available" for store pick up. I have received the gc but they have not even shipped the ipad yet. Now they offer this deal which is $25 better. Same thing - not avail for shipping and not avail for store pick up in my state. Will they price match this new offer w/ my pending purchase and give me a $25 credit or will they see this as 2 different items as this is how they are displayed on the website.

Edit to add that I have not been charged for the purchase yet as it has not shipped so do I have to wait for the charge to post before I can call to ask for the price match?

TIA
All it takes is a simple call.

I can find only 5% from Discovercard. How do I get 10%? Thank you.

pltvu said:   I can find only 5% from Discovercard. How do I get 10%? Thank you.

I think you get 5% from linking through ShopDiscover and can get an additional 5% from any On-line purchase up to $1,500 through the end of the year.

aarzi said:   SquarePeggy said:   I bought the 3rd gen 32gb came with a $75 bbuy gf for $549. This "deal" is still available on the website but says not avail for shipping and all the stores in my state come up as "not available" for store pick up. I have received the gc but they have not even shipped the ipad yet. Now they offer this deal which is $25 better. Same thing - not avail for shipping and not avail for store pick up in my state. Will they price match this new offer w/ my pending purchase and give me a $25 credit or will they see this as 2 different items as this is how they are displayed on the website.

TIA
All it takes is a simple call.

Amazingly enough, it really was that simple. The CSR said they would amend my order to reduce the price by $25 so that when it ships tomorrow I will be charged $524.99 instead of $549.99. Still, I won't be spending that $75 gc until I have the iPad and see the correct price posting to my card. All in all final cost $449.99 which I think is great as I was expecting to have to cough up $599 when my DD made this her #1 wish for Christmas. Also used my Chase Freedom so getting 6% back total via UR pts.

Thanks OP!!

Do you think Best Buy or Target will have a sale like black Friday on the ipads bebore Christmas. Bestbuy with the $60 off and Target with the gift card?

Skipping 32 Messages...
Has anyone tried Price matching this from Amazon?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.