• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
All the local BB stores show OOS. Has anyone tried to price match this with WalMart or any other store?

I tried at Target and at first they said no since they thought it was for Best Buy's two day sale but I went home to check out what they were talking about and found this is not part of that sale so I called and asked again, nicely, and she said she would look into it then called me back and said yes. That being said there were other BBs locally that had them. I would think if Wal-Mart still even has these that you would have better luck with them. It was a whole big thing at Target(And it was their last one in that store too).
Good luck.

jonathonn7 said:   Do you think Best Buy or Target will have a sale like black Friday on the ipads bebore Christmas. Bestbuy with the $60 off and Target with the gift card?
I'd bet Target will have the GC on iPads again. It may not be $60 though, could be $40 like they did on 4G release day.

I was hoping for a GC on the iPad Mini but I don't think that will happen.

WalMart wouldn't price match if it is OOS at Best Buy, I thought that was their policy.

Just Called and CSR said it is not available to do the store pick up in California for the model 32GB in White... Just all SOLD OUT!!

froggyaaaaa said:   is this b4 the new ipad or after the 3rd gen,,or 4th gen,,does apple use 3 yr olds to set the identifieng standards for their products
What are you asking?

As the title say this is the 3rd Generation iPad. This is the one that first had the Retina display. It was originally released in March 2012.

The "current" iPad is the 4th generation (released November 2, 2012) although it is officially called the "iPad w/ Retina display". OK?

SafetyDance said:   polishdreamer said:   $60 off the new ipad (4th gen) on Black Friday makes this moot, so this isn't hot.

Only if you provide us with a FAR deal on a time machine.

Best comment ever. LOL.

froggyaaaaa said:   is this b4 the new ipad or after the 3rd gen,,or 4th gen,,does apple use 3 yr olds to set the identifieng standards for their products

Maybe you need a job?

For those of you worried about the 3rd and 4th Gen, I feel your pain. Target had a Black Friday deal (buy iPad get $60 gift card). Well, the boxes are the same on the outside, so I grabbed one and went to pay. Only then did I wonder if this was 3rd or 4th gen. I looked on the box, no information, I asked the clerk, he didn't know. Finally I noticed that some boxes said it came with a Lightning cable and some boxes did not.....that was my only clue. Target was selling 3rd and 4th gen iPads together for the same price and didn't know the difference! I could have walked out of there happy and only knowing when I got home. And many people do not know to look for the difference. Apple stores I believe only sell the 4th gen, so you are safe there, but beware at any other locations. Check that it comes with a "Lightning" cable.

dvician said:   For those of you worried about the 3rd and 4th Gen, I feel your pain. Target had a Black Friday deal (buy iPad get $60 gift card). Well, the boxes are the same on the outside, so I grabbed one and went to pay. Only then did I wonder if this was 3rd or 4th gen. I looked on the box, no information, I asked the clerk, he didn't know. Finally I noticed that some boxes said it came with a Lightning cable and some boxes did not.....that was my only clue. Target was selling 3rd and 4th gen iPads together for the same price and didn't know the difference! I could have walked out of there happy and only knowing when I got home. And many people do not know to look for the difference. Apple stores I believe only sell the 4th gen, so you are safe there, but beware at any other locations. Check that it comes with a "Lightning" cable.
So the box on the current (New iPad w/ Retina Display) says on the back that it includes the Lightning connector as opposed to the 3G which won't mention the Lightning connector (say it includes USB connector or something like that) yet you say the boxes are the same. They are obviously not.

IIWM (and it was) and I was buying a $500 (or more) item I would know what to look for to make sure I got what I wanted. YMMV.

Too bad there isn't a store in a 200 mile radius that has either. Bummer!

My local HEB has giftcards on sale, $5 off 50, $15 off $100, $50 off $300. Do your math.
Not sure about outside Houston area.

Anyone know if we need to purchase a servie contract to get this?

M15x said:   Anyone know if we need to purchase a servie contract to get this?

No it is not required to purchase at this price.

bru20 said:   dvician said:   For those of you worried about the 3rd and 4th Gen, I feel your pain. Target had a Black Friday deal (buy iPad get $60 gift card). Well, the boxes are the same on the outside, so I grabbed one and went to pay. Only then did I wonder if this was 3rd or 4th gen. I looked on the box, no information, I asked the clerk, he didn't know. Finally I noticed that some boxes said it came with a Lightning cable and some boxes did not.....that was my only clue. Target was selling 3rd and 4th gen iPads together for the same price and didn't know the difference! I could have walked out of there happy and only knowing when I got home. And many people do not know to look for the difference. Apple stores I believe only sell the 4th gen, so you are safe there, but beware at any other locations. Check that it comes with a "Lightning" cable.
So the box on the current (New iPad w/ Retina Display) says on the back that it includes the Lightning connector as opposed to the 3G which won't mention the Lightning connector (say it includes USB connector or something like that) yet you say the boxes are the same. They are obviously not.

IIWM (and it was) and I was buying a $500 (or more) item I would know what to look for to make sure I got what I wanted. YMMV.

This was the only difference between them and it is in small print. Combined with the fact the clerk in that section knew nothing about it, I can promise you many grandmothers buying a cool gift for thier grand kids are going to be in shock on Christmas morning. I was only trying to point out where to find the truth of what is in the box because if you can't read that print, you won't know. That said, since you always know what you are getting, I am suprised you would bother to post this, bringing nothing to the discussion other than amazing people and making them wish they could hire you to help with thier shopping.

is this dead? anyway to still get this deal

My nearest Best Buy is 2 hours away & this was not available to ship to me. So I called up WalMart & asked if they would match the price & the man that answered asked his manager & he said yes, as long as I either printed out the sale or could pull it up on a smart phone there. (I could not get the 5% discover or fatwallet cash of course but I am Happy & so will my Grandaughter be on Christmas morning!)

minnow said:   My nearest Best Buy is 2 hours away & this was not available to ship to me. So I called up WalMart & asked if they would match the price & the man that answered asked his manager & he said yes, as long as I either printed out the sale or could pull it up on a smart phone there. (I could not get the 5% discover or fatwallet cash of course but I am Happy & so will my Grandaughter be on Christmas morning!)

Congrats!

ultramvkkreddy said:   froggyaaaaa said:   thanks apple for totally screwing up your generation numbers of all YOUR PRODUCTS, ITS HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHAT ACTUAL MODEL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ANYMORE. GEN3. GEN 2 , RETINA, THE "NEW"THIS,the "new" that,, S, 4S,screw it,

Yes on serious Note lot lot of people r getting confused with it. how ever here it is some info.

There is Nothing like IPAD 4th generation. ( Some retailers say or updated that way and it is fine and when they say it is IPAD 4th - it is NEWER MODEL which is release on NOV 2 2012 with A6 Processor + Retina Display and it is NOT 30 PIN charging method).

IPAD 3 with Retina it is Older model with A5 processor.

IPAD 3 with Retina with A6 processor it is NEWER MODEL(MD510LL/A - BLACK MODEL 16GB). ALways try to get model # for the one ur looking and keep searching.

This wrong. Both on BB and WalMart this comes with the Lightning connnection making it the 4th generation, not 3rd.

Walmart Link
BB link

We got an "unavailable" for all the Best Buy stores within our area for our first choice iPad. However, we tried the different color combinations, memory sizes and found some in our area for the $449 price point we were looking for. It was a great deal!

Elahrairah said:   

This was the only difference between them and it is in small print. Combined with the fact the clerk in that section knew nothing about it, I can promise you many grandmothers buying a cool gift for thier grand kids are going to be in shock on Christmas morning. I was only trying to point out where to find the truth of what is in the box because if you can't read that print, you won't know. That said, since you always know what you are getting, I am suprised you would bother to post this, bringing nothing to the discussion other than amazing people and making them wish they could hire you to help with thier shopping.

When did you even post anything about the package? Two usernames??

The $25 off $250 in-store pickup is active again at BestBuy. Ends Saturday.

Thalaivar said:   The $25 off $250 in-store pickup is active again at BestBuy. Ends Saturday.

How?

Norseman said:   Thalaivar said:   The $25 off $250 in-store pickup is active again at BestBuy. Ends Saturday.

How?

See here for details

It's usually a 14 day period some places even say 30 days

32GB Wi-Fi White shows available for free shipping right now!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple%26%23174%3B---iPad%26%23174%3B...

akbungle said:   32GB Wi-Fi White shows available for free shipping right now!

while it says free shipping on the right, in the middle it says
AppleŽ - iPadŽ with Wi-Fi - 32GB - 3rd Generation - White
Model: MD329LL/A
SKU: 4881188
4.7 of 5 4.7 of 5 (152 reviews)

Shipping: Not Available

if you add it to your cart, it only gives you the option of in-store pickup only (shipping option is greyed out).

imbatman said:   akbungle said:   32GB Wi-Fi White shows available for free shipping right now!

while it says free shipping on the right, in the middle it says
AppleŽ - iPadŽ with Wi-Fi - 32GB - 3rd Generation - White
Model: MD329LL/A
SKU: 4881188
4.7 of 5 4.7 of 5 (152 reviews)

Shipping: Not Available

if you add it to your cart, it only gives you the option of in-store pickup only (shipping option is greyed out).

That's because you're too late!

Yeah last night it worked and I had my sister buy one since I bought mine last week. I think it was still working early this morning but guess it's done now. A key with these is if it also offers ship to store in x amount of days then it is available to order.

Best Buy screen
Disclaimer
akbungle said:   32GB Wi-Fi White shows available for free shipping right now!

Again live!! Be quick!!

Go to next screen and select shipping and for me it showed:"Shipping: Estimated to arrive 12/19-12/21/2012"

Looks dead again.

Has anyone tried Price matching this from Amazon?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014