• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$10 off your next purchase off $50 or more at Amazon for Citi Card Holders w/ $50 purchase 12/03 only.

$10 off your next purchase off $50 or more at Amazon for Citi Card Holders w/ $50 purchase 12/03 Only

It's back!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?t=&tag=&docId=1000862951

$10 off your next purchase $50 or more on 12/03 from 12:01AM PST to 11:59 PM PST. Use promotion code CITIBNK3

T&C

Initial qualifying purchase:
1. Add $50 or more of eligible products sold by Amazon.com to your Shopping Cart via the “Add to Cart” button on each respective product detail page.
2. At checkout, select your Citi credit card as your method of payment. (Citi debit cards are not eligible for promotion.)
3. At checkout, enter group promotion code “CITIBNK3” in the “Gift Cards and Promotional Codes” area, and click the “Apply” button. The group promotion code is only good for 24 hours (12:01AM PST to 11:59PM PST on December 3, 2012) or while promotional funds last.
4. Place your order.
5. By December 18, 2012, Amazon.com will send you an individual promotion code for a $10 discount off your next Amazon.com qualifying purchase with your Citi card at the email address listed on the Amazon.com account used to make your initial qualifying purchase. The individual promotion code will expire at 11:59PM PST on January 14, 2013.
*The promotion applies only to eligible product(s) sold and shipped by Amazon.com. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers. For example, if the promotion applies to cookware offered by Amazon.com, the same cookware offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website does not qualify.

thanks to Meandoll the op over at sd

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Citi ThankYou (69.70kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Got it.

burkotron5k (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 1:08p) |

Just got my code 2 minutes ago.
I actually used GC on the order, but set my Citi as the default, so the promotion applied... (more)

wiredspider (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 1:08p) |

Got mine as well about 6 hours after my previous posting.

garibaldi (Dec. 20, 2012 @ 6:07p) |

More like $10 off $100, since FIRST you make a $50 purchase, THEN get $10 off your NEXT purchase of $50 or more.

Also, you have to wait up to 2 weeks to get the $10 off code ("by Dec. 18"), and it expires another month after than (Jan. 14)
  • Also categorized in:

Before anyone asks, no, this does not work on GCs.

Does anyone know if it will work with a Sears card from citi bank?

Does this work with Citibank debit card?

I cannot think of what to buy

rml said:   I cannot think of what to buy

Check my Amaz0n Wish List

Very limited selection of "eligible products"

russ0519 said:   Does this work with Citibank debit card?

From #2 above: (Citi debit cards are not eligible for promotion.)

Careful: "The promotion applies only to eligible product(s) sold and shipped by Amazon.com"

This posting should say "$10 off $100 or more purchase at Amazon for Citi Card Holders". IF you read the T&C, you get a $10 off code after the first purchase (after Dec 18) and you then have to make another $50 or more purchase from Amazon by Jan 14th to redeem the $10 off code.

Lot of work to save $10.

How about buying an Amazon gift card for $50, to get the $10 discount?

Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks op. Needed to get a textbook.

This is not exactly $10 off $50 but more like $10 off $100 and that too within their dictated date ranges.

shirishnayna said:   This posting should say "$10 off $100 or more purchase at Amazon for Citi Card Holders". IF you read the T&C, you get a $10 off code after the first purchase (after Dec 18) and you then have to make another $50 or more purchase from Amazon by Jan 14th to redeem the $10 off code.

Lot of work to save $10.

Wow, nuts to that. Just use a Discover card for 5% Cash Back. Over half as much Cash Back, 95% less hassle.

Sounds to me like you have to spend $50 to get the $10 discount code, which will arrive via email in the next couple of weeks. Then, if you buy anything else from Amazon.com directly by January 14th, you can apply the $10 credit to this new order. I see nothing that indicates your second order has a minimum purchase amount. Spend a total of $50 to get $60 worth of merchandise.

*****Nope, I was wrong. When I went back and looked at the Original Offer page, there is a second purchase of $50 required. Not as good a deal as I had hoped, but if you shop regularly at Amazon.com, it is still a $10 savings.*****

Has anyone even got the promo code to be accepted?

I have tried numerous products "shipped and sold by Amazon" ... none of which will allow the promo code when using two different Citibank credit cards.

This looks like a giant waste of time.

Is there a list of "elgible items?" Or do you just add to your cart and find out during the checkout process?

greatpgmr said:   Has anyone even got the promo code to be accepted?

I have tried numerous products "shipped and sold by Amazon" ... none of which will allow the promo code when using two different Citibank credit cards.

5. By December 18, 2012, Amazon.com will send you an individual promotion code for a $10 discount off your next Amazon.com qualifying purchase with your Citi card at the email address listed on the Amazon.com account used to make your initial qualifying purchase. The individual promotion code will expire at 11:59PM PST on January 14, 2013.

Anyone know what kinds of Amazon.com items would NOT qualify, apart from gift cards?

I haven't found any product that accepts the promo code... and I've tried multiple items that were sold and shipped by Amazon.

Odiyar - I think we realize that the discount code won't come until a few weeks, but in order to check out with this promotion, the promo code needs to be accepted.

Without a list of "eligible products", this is waste of time.

greatpgmr said:   Has anyone even got the promo code to be accepted?

I got an error code when my default CC from Chase was selected (after I was logged in, ready to checkout.)

I switched to my Citi Visa card and it worked. It said "promotion applied" underneath the total.

On 4 smallish items - 3 books, and a cover for a Nexus 7 tablet. Total about $56.

When I was on the "search" page for the tablet cover and other items, I checked "Sold by Amazon.com" as the search criteria.

Good luck!

The one a couple weeks ago showed "Coupon Applied" during checkout if I remember right. That one should be pretty close to showing up, right?

works on the Crucial M4 256GB SSD drive that is now $169.99 shipped. Shows "promotion applied" at checkout. Used my Citi Forward VISA for 5% Cash Back, plus got Hawaiian Airline miles using their shopping portal...

ForSpud said:   works on the Crucial M4 256GB SSD drive that is now $169.99 shipped. Shows "promotion applied" at checkout. Used my Citi Forward VISA for 5% Cash Back, plus got Hawaiian Airline miles using their shopping portal...

Must be dead I added your exact item with nothing else in my cart and I get this error message after applying the code CITIBNK3 :

There was a problem
We're sorry, we weren't able to save your gift card or promotional code information. Please enter it again or try using another form of payment.
A gift card or promotional code is required.
•The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

Amazon reply to stop jacking off with these coupon codes.

Dead for me too.

At first I couldn't apply the code because my Discover card was set as the default payment method, and I got the same error described above. I changed the payment method to use my Citibank credit card number, and when I tried again to apply the code, it worked.

Bought the blu-ray burner.

Maybe I'll try removing the non citi card--still a bit of a pain.

10% savings and this is a hot deal??

i forgot about this promo.... bummer, i think i'm all shopped out.

i forgot about this promo.... bummer, i think i'm all shopped out.

Does anyone know exactly how this promo works?

Does it have to be $50 spent on the Citicard itself or if just the Citicard is used for part of it?

IE: I have a $70 item I want to buy, and have $58 in Amazon credit. If I use my citicard for the $12 balance, will I get the $10 back?

EDIT: NM. After reading the details, not even remotely as good as I thought.

worked for me. Had to change enough items in my cart to 'sold by Amazon.com' to qualify. Not sure how I can be certain the credit applied other than a 'Promotion Applied' bullet on the check-out page. thanks BB

well, i tried. all my items are sold by Amazon.com, tried using citi Sears card and citi diamond preferred. no dice.

It worked fine for me too. I bought a couple cookbooks and a cake pan, all sold by Amazon. Paid with a Citi business card.

Anyone get their code yet?

Supposed to get code by Dec 18. No code as of yet.

Skipping 4 Messages...
Got mine as well about 6 hours after my previous posting.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014