• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Canon EOS Rebel T4i Digital SLR Camera Kit with 2 Lenses (EF-S 18-55mm & EF-S 55-250mm Telephoto) @ Adorama - $699.51
compare at $1,048.00
Free Shipping!
Expires On: Dec 9, 2012 11:59pm

Click The Link Under "Buy Together and Save" and Add the EF-S 55-250mm Telephoto Lens to See Price at Checkout

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Adorama
Need a Adorama coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

canon (73.64kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Ended.

tcfulmer (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 11:37a) |

I ordered this on the 6th and still shows pending. I called and they said it is back ordered until the last week of Dece... (more)

daddy2be (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 4:08p) |

Amazon has better deal right now.
For $704 you will get T4i with 18-55mm and 55-250mm IS lenses, DSLR backpack, 16 SDHC,... (more)

DealDoDeal (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 11:10p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I dont see $699.. I see Add 55-250 lens for $150...bringing up the total to $898!

hopshop said:   I dont see $699.. I see Add 55-250 lens for $150...bringing up the total to $898!

You have to follow exactly what's mentioned in OP. The option will appear in a new window, then you have to choose the first option (radio button)

t4i-screen (101.43kB)
Disclaimer
This is the screen i see when i follow the OP link

sceenshot (25.75kB)
Disclaimer
to get this deal, you cannot use "bundled" item. Your just add the camera alone and then the lens.

stuffedwallet said:   to get this deal, you cannot use "bundled" item. Your just add the camera alone and then the lens.
The link to click is "Save up to $20.00 with bundle." (You actually save way more than $20...) If you have trouble locating the text, just do a search on the page and you'll find it.

try this link

lifted from sd, this shows the popup and choose the addl. lens

edit again: i see the save 20 link again, so deal is still up

Click together and save Save up to $20.00 with bundle.
Select top offer 55-250mm lens and add to cart
Total price in case $699.51 + free shipping

Still trying to decide on which camera. I have an unopened T3, with kit lens, $299, but both the T3i, or T4i with kit lens, plus 55-250, for $592, and $699, respectively, in my Adorama shopping cart, may be to good to pass up. The T3i deal has not changes in a week, at Adorama, although not as good as last weeks Amazon deal, it is still solid.

Should I do this - or wait for Ti5

Been wanting to upgrade my semi-pro cameras (Nikon 6006 35mm film!!!!!) to a digital. This is a good deal - no? Are Canon lenses as good as Nikor lenses? I have some old Nikor Lenses purchased with the 6006. I realize I cannot reuse these - though if I purchased a Nikon Digital - I can still use these old lenses. Why Canon is always listed as a deal - and no Nikon deals. I have read the i series Canons are really good cameras - offering more bang for buck over Nikon.

One compelling reason to choose the T4i over the T3i is using the STM lenses (40mm or 18-135mm) for shooting video; it's supposed to make a huge difference in auto-focus (although not to the same extent as a mirrorless). It also has an updated image processor: DIGIC 5 vs DIGIC 4.

Read the T4i review for more information.

Edit: See others' comments about cross-type focus. That's what makes the auto-focus better. The STM lenses _do_ provide for quieter (and better?) autofocus in Liveview (e.g., video recording), I think. Again, I could be mischaracterizing it.

Also, I feel like I should have jumped on this and tried to re-sell my 600d w/ the same lenses on eBay...

Thanks! I appreciate all of the help to get that $699 price! I got $750 and more a couple of times.

I checked out kits with the 18-135 STM, which is a great lens. My brother in law could use one in addition to the 55-250. But I could not find the same kind of deal with that lens. It was $350 more, which is list for that lens - $1,050 total.

Wait for the T7i, or T8i...both will be way, way nicer than this one!!

oharag1 said:   Should I do this - or wait for Ti5

Been wanting to upgrade my semi-pro cameras (Nikon 6006 35mm film!!!!!) to a digital. This is a good deal - no? Are Canon lenses as good as Nikor lenses? I have some old Nikor Lenses purchased with the 6006. I realize I cannot reuse these - though if I purchased a Nikon Digital - I can still use these old lenses. Why Canon is always listed as a deal - and no Nikon deals. I have read the i series Canons are really good cameras - offering more bang for buck over Nikon.

That is a really good deal. The zoom lens gets only mediocre reviews but it brings the whole camera price down below what it is otherwise available for on Amazon.

Make sure you are comparing Apples to Apples. The lenses with the IS (Image Stabilization) are better (and more expensive) that the non IS.

Can purchase the Canon Pro 9000 with $400 rebate. Same deal as the old days with Amazon. No tax and free shipping. Awesome.

lazyworm said:   Can purchase the Canon Pro 9000 with $400 rebate. Same deal as the old days with Amazon. No tax and free shipping. Awesome.

Yes, yes you can.

Camera: $749.00
Lens: $299.00
Printer: $429.00
Savings: -$348.49
Subtotal: $1,128.51
Minus $400 MIR

Total: $728.51 (plus a stamp) for T4i, 2 lenses, and printer

So to keep T3i with an extra lens or return it and buy this deal. This one comes out to about $80 more for me (plus another $50 in tax), and I lose one lens. Is the camera upgrade worth it, and is there a good deal to be had with buying a printer and doing a rebate?

Which camera and which lens are you pricing out above?

Here's what I got when I put it all in my Amazon basket

Canon EOS Rebel T4i $749
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II $255
Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II $449

Items (3): $1,453.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
55-250 PROMO: -$150.00
Total before tax: $1,303.00

djmpj said:   Which camera and which lens are you pricing out above?

Here's what I got when I put it all in my Amazon basket

Canon EOS Rebel T4i $749
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II $255
Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II $449

Items (3): $1,453.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
55-250 PROMO: -$150.00
Total before tax: $1,303.00

I'm talking about the original T3i deal which is now dead, but I got for $621 all in including 3 lenses.

Is this a worthy upgrade or should I stick with the 3i

use SKU to search
1st search and add SKU ICAT4IK
and then search and add SKU CA55250AFS

russ0519 said:   

Is this a worthy upgrade or should I stick with the 3i

The T4i is a much, much better camera than the T3i for still images. The T3i auto focus was almost OK. The T4i got the 9 point cross-point auto focus of the Canon 60D and is very, very good.

The touch screen LCD, auto focus in video, face tracking auto focus, and high ISO multi-shot noise reduction are all useful features. I really like the T4i.

I am a 20+ year pro. I was happy to use the T4i as my main camera, except for cases where I needed the 5DIII for high ISO/low light work at 6400 and above.

The T4i is a great camera that you can use for a number of years. I don't remember what the third lens was from the other deal, but I bought this deal myself for a second T4i body at about $500 or less after selling the two lenses.

Of course if you need the lenses keep them and use them. The T3i kit is still selling used for just under $500 - call it $490 for the kit with 18-55. Sell the T4i kit and the 50-250 in a couple of years for $125 to move up to better optics, etc., and the net cost of owning for 2 years should be about $700 - $490 - $125 = $85 or less.

The T3i was OK. I love the T4i, really a great camera. (Both have basically the same sensor, the auto focus and other upgrades are what make the T4i more usable.)

Good luck!
Michael

i could not find the printer . any one able to help?

Tried going by the SKU numbers on Amazon. This is what I got:
Your search "CA55250AFS" did not match any products.

The sku search was for Adorama site

The T4i is not "much much" better, in fact, in normal conditions there is no difference in image quality. Anyone who would notice the difference has no business on the T series. Main reason for the T4i is the fancy touch screen and in camera HDR. The focus during video is useless most the time. Here is a basic comparison chart... http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-Rebel-T4i-vs-Canon-T3i

ash =o)

Who else got a notice of backorder for their order?

This seems like a great deal, especially if the camera is really as good as unadog claims. The extra "Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras" lens that I got from Amazon doesn't seem like a great lens over the "Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras". It lacks Image Stabilization and only lets you zoom a bit more from my understanding from 250mm to 300mm.

Really tempting. Just not sure if it's worth it going through the hassle of returning all the Amazon stuff. Maybe if Amazon matches the price and I don't have to pay tax.

Got backordered within 1.5 hrs of the posting of the deal Any idea how long they usually take to ship backordered cameras? Their email says 10-14days, wondering if it can be less than that.

Is there any point in me keeping the 75-300 lens considering I have the 50-250 and the 75 lacks IS

Excellent buy!

Would jump except that I have no buyer for my xsi.

russ0519 said:   Is there any point in me keeping the 75-300 lens considering I have the 50-250 and the 75 lacks ISPeople in my photo club prefer the 250 over the 300.

Thirty years ago the question was should I buy the Apple //e or wait for that Apple //c?

Pulling the trigger. Ready to retire my ancient Pentax K100 which weigh a ton.

hopshop said:   Got backordered within 1.5 hrs of the posting of the deal Any idea how long they usually take to ship backordered cameras? Their email says 10-14days, wondering if it can be less than that.

Adorama's pretty good about shipping backordered. At least they didn't cancel. Mine was backordered and I would expect it to ship in the next week or so.

russ0519 said:   Is there any point in me keeping the 75-300 lens considering I have the 50-250 and the 75 lacks IS

Nope, dump the 75-300 and keep the 55-250IS - the lack of IS on a 300mm will hurt for sure. I have the 70-300 IS USM and couldn't imagine getting any decent out of that lens without IS. The 250 though is a very good lens for the price - most of the in-between lenses are not much of an upgrade until you hit an L lens.

I wound up buying it from Amazon. I wanted the 18-135 STM lens ... without the STM you wind up hearing the focus mechanism on the video, plus I want the convenience of a carry-around lens without having to swap it out for a telephoto when distance requires.

I hope my wife love the camera. I shoot with a D300 and that is both a great camera and a great deal of camera...
I just returned a panasonic super zoom because I didn't like how it focused...but I may be spoiled because of my Nikon....

ashVID said:   The T4i is not "much much" better, in fact, in normal conditions there is no difference in conditions.

NO, there is quite a difference. I am sorry that site doesn't go into any detail! They just list features, like they are all of the same importance.

The most basic function of the T4i for stills - auto focus - is very much improved over the T3i! The two cameras are like night and day in still image auto focus, going from "moderately acceptable" to "great."

I have owned both. I sold my T3i right after I received my T4i on June 15, 1 week after it was released. (In fact, I have owned and used every DSLR Canon has made, since the D30. That incudes the T4i,, 5DIII, and 1DX this year.))

The T4i got the 9 cross-point auto focus of the 60D. It also has a high precision center point auto focus sensor. It functions as well as my $8,000 Canon 1DsII did that I owned when that came out in 2004. It is a great camera at $550 or less for the body on this deal!

"Well, the T4i not only has the 9-point All Cross Type AF from the 60D (previous Rebels only had 1 Cross Type)...."

"Improved autofocus performance with a 9-point all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point)"

From a review at Adorama:

".... a souped-up image processor that is said to deliver action-catching 5 frames-per-second burst rate, and an extended ISO range of 100-12,800 (expandable to ISO 25,000!) that is said to offer excellent low-light image quality, and an improved 9-point all cross-type AF system (see illustrative photo, below), are all features we've seen before, but on pricier cameras designed for serious hobbyists and pro shooters.

But the T4i's sophisticated features are overlayed with user-friendly technology, such as the first touch screen to be found on a Canon DSLR, as well as intelligent auto, all designed to make using such an advanced camera more intuitive for folks who are ready to step up from compact cameras and cell phones to the flexibility and creative possibilities of DSLR photography.

...Image tonality is expected to be more subtle and accurate thanks to new 14-bit analog-to-digital conversion, recording up to 16,384 colors per channel. For the less technical reader, that means fine detail such as found in foliage and water will be recorded with greater accuracy and fidelity.

A new DIGIC 5 image processor is said to offer advanced noise-reduction technology, allowing users to shoot in low light without adding flash or other artificial light sources while expecting outstanding image quality. One of the ways it will do this is via a new feature, Multi Shot Noise Reduction. This takes over in very low light where the image processor's capabilities may be taxed. In Multi Shot Noise Reduction mode, the camera takes four consecutive shots, merges and aligns them."

Long 18+ page review at DPreview:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-650d-rebel-t4i

This is the first Rebel series camera that really works as an all around tool for a pro.

Why Canon is always listed as a deal - and no Nikon deals.

Nikon essentially does "price fixing" - they will not allow anyone to sell below a specific price, or they will lose their allocation from Nikon. They call this "unilateral pricing." I am not exactly sure how this is legal, but it is:

Unilateral pricing explanation at Nikon Rumor's

Canon just implemented their own, less restrictive, Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) on 11/1/12. This limits the ability of the retailer to advertise a lower price. But they are still allowed to sell at a lower price.

It just makes it a little more work to find the best price for consumers. I assume that is why this Adorama deal is/was so convoluted. But you can still find better deals on Canon.

If you look at the Nikon D3200, for example, you will find the kit with the 18-55 at EXACTLY $595 everywhere. Take it or leave it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As far as the rest of your question: Nikon is as good as Canon, and Canon is as good as Nikon. Some people like some things better on one camera over the other.

The Nikon (actually Sony) Exmor sensor has an advantage over the Canon sensor right now for Dynamic Range. Canon has an advantage over most current Nikon in auto focus on their 5DIII and 1DX. Etc. It is a bit of this, and a bit of that.

I own both the Canon T4i ($699 with a 18-55 and 50-250 here) and the Nikon D3200 ($595 with an 18-55, so basically the same price.)

Bottom line is: they are both great cameras for someone coming from film! The T4i has a lot more features than the entry level D3200. But the Nikon D5200 (that will come out on February or March) will catch up, but be priced higher than the then 1 year old Canon T4i. And so it goes.

Just buy. You really can't make a mistake!! Especially in comparison to the cost of film!

Have FUN!! Good luck!

Best,
Michael

Well they just sent an email this morning promoting the Canon bundle deals including the T4i... I can't imagine that they would still be promoting this if they don't expect their back ordered shipments in soon. It is kind of shady that they are listing the items on the site as if they are still in stock, but i guess that is ok if they really pull through.

I want this for a trip I am taking in a few weeks so I hope they get it soon!

anybody got the item shipped already?

Skipping 26 Messages...
Amazon has better deal right now.
For $704 you will get T4i with 18-55mm and 55-250mm IS lenses, DSLR backpack, 16 SDHC, and $100 credit for online training courses.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1243236/m17407886/#m17...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014