• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I would have jumped into this deal if I had not bought K30. Touch LCD would be awesome and high quality video recording would be very handy. But I love every bit of my Pentax K30 and K100D.

russ0519 said:   Is there any point in me keeping the 75-300 lens considering I have the 50-250 and the 75 lacks IS
Ditto on the previous comments. 55-250mm IS II is a much better lens than the 75-300, which, comparatively, is not very good. It's hard to beat the 55-250mm for the money. You're not going to take sharp photos of birds in flight with it, but you definitely can take some nice photos of still subjects.

Here are three of my shots with the 55-250mm at max focus on a 600d. Sharpness could be better; probably my fault. (Please be kind!)
Swallowtail Butterfly
Bumble Bee
Northern Water Snake

The more I return to this topic, the more I want to list my 600d and lenses on eBay and order this... I'm not sure what the net cost would be; 1% FWCB on Adorama is kinda' low right now...

3% CB at Adorama via MrRebates.com...

Hoogineer said:   The more I return to this topic, the more I want to list my 600d and lenses on eBay and order this... I'm not sure what the net cost would be; 1% FWCB on Adorama is kinda' low right now...

Placed the 699.51 order yesterday. Got backordered within 3 hours. And today the order shows as "packed".
Getting excited as this will be my first DSLR (I've been a Point and Shoot person for years!).

Hope I get it before Xmas.

rickfig said:   Placed the 699.51 order yesterday. Got backordered within 3 hours. And today the order shows as "packed".
Getting excited as this will be my first DSLR (I've been a Point and Shoot person for years!).

Hope I get it before Xmas.
Spend some time getting to know the camera. I've had my 600d for a year now and I've gotten better, although I don't always know inherently what the right settings are for a given situation. For low-light indoor photography, I usually stay on manual (M), keep shutter speed between 1/50 and 1/100 and only adjust ISO if the picture is over-/under-exposed. (Note that this may be amateurish.) It usually takes me only a couple shots to tune settings for the particular environment.

I got the Shipment notification with tracking number, I ordered on 02 Dec 2012.

Anyone that is ordering the Printer with rebate be prepared for a very long confusing wait, My rebate was shown as received on 9/13/2012 and it was approved a couple weeks later. I called on 11/14/2012 to ask when to expect it and was told it shipped UPS on 11/12/2012 but they could not give me a tracking number. I waited a week and called back again and was told that it shipped 11/16/2012 via UPS and if it didn't show up to call them back in a week. I waited a week or so and called back and was told to give it a few more days. I called today 12/5/2012 and the woman now tells me that it shipped today using the post office and it should be here in 1-2 weeks. This is to much money to jerked around like this.
Make sure you cut out the UPC code cardboard and all...make sure you include everything they ask for and also send it certified mail or you risk losing your rebate.

Shipped baby!!!! Anyone need a 50D?

I ordered $699.51 deal on 12/4 and received shipment notification on 12/5. Whoo Hoo!

Must resist...must...must.........I already have 3 digital SLRs sleeping 364/365 days a year!

just ordered one myself!

backordered

good deal for entry level of slr users. i know price of camera is dropping but good quality camera can keep few years if you dont chase technology. of course 18-135mm lens is better but cost more.
merry christmas and happy new year for your new toys.

pang2000 said:   good deal for entry level of slr users. i know price of camera is dropping but good quality camera can keep few years if you dont chase technology. of course 18-135mm lens is better but cost more.
merry christmas and happy new year for your new toys.

For $200 more, you can go with this deal, which nets you the 40mm pancake and 18-135 STM lenses. While I doubt the 18-135mm delivers better IQ than the 55-250mm at the long end or significantly better IQ than the kit 18-55mm at the short end, it sounds like it will enhance video recording greatly, if that is one of your purchasing points. And you stil can throw the 55-250mm in for another $100 if you're moneybags and don't plan on upgrading to something more expensive eventually.

For reference, Costco has this bundle discounted for $200 more (in case you weren't sure whether this is a good deal): http://www.costco.com/.product.100025018.html?&cm_mmc=BCEmail_80...

Anyone have an extra t3i bundle for sale?

dmoranda said:   Anyone have an extra t3i bundle for sale?

I'm thinking of returning the t3i that I got from Amazon and getting the T4i with the pancake lens.

I would suggest to sell t3i bundle on eBay or creiglist and make extra money. Worst case return to Amazon before expiry of return date.
But, beware of buyer on creiglist that are from out of town and ask you to ship to different address or asked your paypal account, pay by money order or cashiers check.

oos and dead

In stock and still available...

LLLosingit said:   Anyone that is ordering the Printer with rebate be prepared for a very long confusing wait, My rebate was shown as received on 9/13/2012 and it was approved a couple weeks later. I called on 11/14/2012 to ask when to expect it and was told it shipped UPS on 11/12/2012 but they could not give me a tracking number. I waited a week and called back again and was told that it shipped 11/16/2012 via UPS and if it didn't show up to call them back in a week. I waited a week or so and called back and was told to give it a few more days. I called today 12/5/2012 and the woman now tells me that it shipped today using the post office and it should be here in 1-2 weeks. This is to much money to jerked around like this.
Make sure you cut out the UPC code cardboard and all...make sure you include everything they ask for and also send it certified mail or you risk losing your rebate.

Same here, LLLosingit. I also jumped in on one of those printer bundle rebates back in September (through B&H) and finally got my $400 rebate yesterday.

Be careful. I received my receipt and even though in the cart and all the way through the process it said $699.51 - my receipt said $1004. I wrote them last night to ask about it and they said they fixed the receipt and sent me a new invoice for $854. I spoke with someone in customer service for a while and she said it is because they ran out of stock and the $854 is the new promotional price and they can't do anything about it. I told her that I have never gotten a receipt that was different then my cart from a reputable company. I was also really surprised when they said the receipt was fixed and the price was still over $150 more than the price through checkout. I have totally lost respect for Adorama. The rep was very nice and very apologetic but apparently they CAN change the price at the end of checkout with no warning.

Ended.

I ordered this on the 6th and still shows pending. I called and they said it is back ordered until the last week of December.... GRRR

Amazon has better deal right now.
For $704 you will get T4i with 18-55mm and 55-250mm IS lenses, DSLR backpack, 16 SDHC, and $100 credit for online training courses.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1243236/m17407886/#m17...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.