• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
REI has a $20 Promo Gift Card when you spend $100. Detail are http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1235884/

Go through FatCash ($6.00)
Buy $100 eGift Card online at REI
Wait 4 hours for your $100 eGift Card + $20 Promo Gift Card
Go through FatCash (This may not work: Gift Card Details: Cash Back available on purchase, not redemption, of gift cards/e-gift cards.)
Backorder FitBit One http://www.rei.com/product/847934/fitbit-one-activity-tracker or just go buy it in store
Get a cheap filler for more than $.05
Pay using eGift Card (and cover the filler and Tax)
Get second $20 Promo Gift Card since you spend over $100
Get $10 in REI Dividends if you are a member

Deal works out to $100 - $6 Fat Cash - $40 Promo Gift Cards - $10 Dividend. I count this as cash, so $44 + Tax on $99.95 for this item.

Promo Gift Card Redemption 12/12 - 1/6/13
Promo Gift Card Terms and Conditions http://www.rei.com/popUps/exclusions/gift-card-2012.html2012.htm...

Member Summary

fitbit
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This was a great deal! I got a pair as gifts for my very hard to shop for sis and bro in law. Thanks OP

frogface (Dec. 07, 2012 @ 12:47p) |

Yes. If you have 2 cards, you need to spend $40+, you will not get any balance back. So if you spend $35 with the 2 x ... (more)

Tripp1269 (Dec. 07, 2012 @ 1:35p) |

Is this still a valid offer?

RuianXu (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 6:19p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Weird... I was JUST looking for a deal on Fitbit when this one popped up! I must be insync with the Universe. Thanks OP!

Subject should read:

FitBit One $99.95 + make $20/$40 in REI GC's YMMV

gusk1200 said:   Weird... I was JUST looking for a deal on Fitbit when this one popped up! I must be insync with the Universe. Thanks OP!Well this is what the wife wanted, so came just in time. Keep in mind they are back-ordered online, so no ETA, but they had 3 in my Houston Willowbrook store (2 Purple, 1 Black). You can check stock of your local store online

bobfather said:   Subject should read:

FitBit One $99.95 + make $20/$40 in REI GC's YMMV
I put (AGC, FC, REI Dividend) in the title . . . AGC = After Gift Card, and that is commonly used in other threads. No YMMV on getting 2 x $20 Promos. System is automatic, I did this deal as described.
I guess I could make it read:
Fitbit One $100 (+$40 Promo GC, $10 REI Dividend, $6 FatCash)

Per the website terms:

"This card cannot be used to purchase goods in our Corporate Group Sales business channel and cannot be used to pay for shipping charges, return labels, exchanges, memberships, taxes, passes and tickets, shop services, gift cards or backordered items."

Double dip by buying and then using a gift card shouldn't work. If it does, there's a glitch in the matrix...

noapathy said:   Per the website terms:
"This card cannot be used to purchase goods in our Corporate Group Sales business channel and cannot be used to pay for shipping charges, return labels, exchanges, memberships, taxes, passes and tickets, shop services, gift cards or backordered items."
Double dip by buying and then using a gift card shouldn't work. If it does, there's a glitch in the matrix...
you quoted the terms for the Promo Gift Card, which has no bearing on this deal as you are not using them to pay in this deal

Worked exactly like the OP said. Thanks OP.

So excluding a web back order, the best bet is to just buy in store and forego the $6 Cash Back? So $49 + tax?

Not related to the deal, or store, but an FYI for the product: the Fitbit One is great conceptually, but I used it for a week and found that whenever I'm in a car or moving vehicle (e.g. public transit), it registers hundreds of steps due to bumps and jostling around.

Supposedly this is a flaw of most pedometer-type devices, I've been told, but for based on what Fitbit advertises and claims the "One" can do, it severely limits the usefulness of the data, graphs, etc, IMHO.

I've been using the new Jawbone Up (a wrist-based fitness tracker) the past few weeks and it is MUCH better, barely having any inaccuracy in vehicles, etc.

agentjfong said:   Not related to the deal, or store, but an FYI for the product: the Fitbit One is great conceptually, but I used it for a week and found that whenever I'm in a car or moving vehicle (e.g. public transit), it registers hundreds of steps due to bumps and jostling around.

Supposedly this is a flaw of most pedometer-type devices, I've been told, but for based on what Fitbit advertises and claims the "One" can do, it severely limits the usefulness of the data, graphs, etc, IMHO. I've used the new Jawbone Up (a wrist-based fitness tracker) the past few weeks and it is MUCH better, barely having any inaccuracy in vehicles, etc.

Thanks for this. I'll get the Up, as it was down to the One or Up.

Sounds like the fitbit has issues that the Up doesn't...even though the Up is more expensive.

coolbreeze said:   agentjfong said:   Not related to the deal, or store, but an FYI for the product: the Fitbit One is great conceptually, but I used it for a week and found that whenever I'm in a car or moving vehicle (e.g. public transit), it registers hundreds of steps due to bumps and jostling around.

Supposedly this is a flaw of most pedometer-type devices, I've been told, but for based on what Fitbit advertises and claims the "One" can do, it severely limits the usefulness of the data, graphs, etc, IMHO. I've used the new Jawbone Up (a wrist-based fitness tracker) the past few weeks and it is MUCH better, barely having any inaccuracy in vehicles, etc.

Thanks for this. I'll get the Up, as it was down to the One or Up.

Sounds like the fitbit has issues that the Up doesn't...even though the Up is more expensive.

Yup, slightly different price-point (especially with this deal), and a very different form-factor and workflow.

I am loving the Up a lot more. Since I don't have a BT-compatible phone to sync the One anyway, and the Fitbit doesn't really "automatically" sync when you're close (you still have to manually tell it when you're on the computer) I think Jawbone did better by focusing on a good app (though iPhone only at this point).

Fitbit's web dashboard doesn't even look like the marketing screenshots they are putting out, and there are bugs in the calculations and display of stats. More trouble than its worth for me.

Fitbit does have better meal-tracking, especially with integration via My Fitness Pal. The cons don't make up for this plus, though.

coolbreeze said:   So excluding a web back order, the best bet is to just buy in store and forego the $6 Cash Back? So $49 + tax?Here are the rules of Cash Back for REI
Gift Card Details: Cash Back available on purchase, not redemption, of gift cards/e-gift cards.
Cash Back available for buy online, pick up in store purchases.
Cash Back not available on Travel with REI.

So it seems you can get Cash Back when buying the $100 eGift Card but not when you pay for something with Gift Cards. First time I have seen Cash Back when you buy Gift Cards somewhere.

So Far so Good, ordered $100GC Last night, woke up to it and a $20 promo, backordered Fitbit and a hat, promo $20 was in my cart.

Very Very Green for OP! The fitbit was exactly what my mother wanted for christmas.

OctaneZ said:   So Far so Good, ordered $100GC Last night, woke up to it and a $20 promo, backordered Fitbit and a hat, promo $20 was in my cart.

Very Very Green for OP! The fitbit was exactly what my mother wanted for christmas.
Glad it worked . . . I don't understand the red in this deal . . . it was easy enough to work out.

Second $20 REI Promotional Gift Card just arrived. Deal is definitely good.

I think the red may be people who are disillusioned with the Fitbit, not with the deal.

OctaneZ said:   Second $20 REI Promotional Gift Card just arrived. Deal is definitely good.

I think the red may be people who are disillusioned with the Fitbit, not with the deal.
Well my wife is a health nut. Had the original Jawbone Up but that sucked. I also ordered the Fitbit Wireless Scale as well. I ordered 3 x 100 Gift Cards (+$60 Promo), bought the Fitbit One (+$20 Promo $10 Dividend $6 FatCash), then the Fitbit Aria for $129 (+$20 Promo $13 Dividend $8 FatCash). So I paid $300 for $230 in stuff, and have a $50 eGift Card left over, $100 Promo Gift Cards, $23 REI Dividends, and $14 FatCash. Hope they can get the backorder resolved soon enough though on the black scale

Do you know if the multiple promo cards can be used from 12/12/12 to 1/6/13 on a single order?

Fitbit is Back in stock, added a Starbucks Cocoa packet ($1, #8135570001) as filler to order.

$100 GC gets me $20 GC + $6 FatCash
$100.95 purchase gets me $20 GC + $6.06 FatCash
Also $10 in dividends, plus another $1 on my AMEX rewards . . . . works for me!

This was a great deal! I got a pair as gifts for my very hard to shop for sis and bro in law. Thanks OP

gold said:   Do you know if the multiple promo cards can be used from 12/12/12 to 1/6/13 on a single order?Yes. If you have 2 cards, you need to spend $40+, you will not get any balance back. So if you spend $35 with the 2 x $20, you lose $5.

Is this still a valid offer?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014