• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Skinomi is (another) company that makes screen protectors and device wraps. (Zagg is the market leader in this category.)

Skinomi has a 50% off all products offer now, which I have not seen in the last 13 months of being on their mailing list. I like this company better than Zagg because they are a lot less full of themselves, and have given me good customer service. I have only ordered there main product, the 'TechSkin' which is the usual wet-apply clear protector. They did a great job with the 20+ piece set necessary for my phone.

Plus, they always offer free shipping! Another thing which has bugged me with Zagg - the high shipping costs.

You can shop here: skinomi.com
For the 50% off, use the coupon code: holiday2012SK
Good through the 16th of December

Member Summary

Skinomi
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

OP, you should provide a link. Skinomi skins are great. If you pre-order their new skins on Amazon, they're very cheap ($0.01 - $0.99 + $2.95 shipping). I got iPad 4 full skin (screen and body wrap) for $3.94 shipped.

iandyli said:   OP, you should provide a linkEditted my OP to add a link.

And thank you for adding your experience with Skinomi to my thread.

Nice Find. I've had a Skinomi on my touchpad since the firesale and no problems. Some skins develop an 'orangy' texture to them, but my Skinomi's as good as new. I'm sold on the wet-type application.

Anyone have advice as to whether the carbon fiber is worth the price difference? I know zilch about the choices, but want to order several sets. Thanks, BenDB and iandyli, good posts!

As far as I know, the carbon fiber skins are just a graphic choice - no difference pro or con on the protection.

Personally, I don't like the look of fake materials - I don't like something that looks like wood, but isn't. So I wouldn't do the carbon-fiber thing, but that is just personal taste.

I've been eyeing skinomi for a while - nobody makes a case for the Rugby Pro but skinomi makes a wrap.

I also picked up a Skinomi screen protector for my TouchPad and while there is some mild orange peel, it's only visible with the screen off and with a light source reflecting off of it at certain angles. It has held up well and there are no scratches or blemishes or tears.

I bought a different brand of screen protector that is applied in the same way as Skinomi for my wife's Galaxy Nexus and there is definite orange peel and the adhesive that held the protector to the cardboard packaging left marks on the protector itself and they were visible once it was applied to the phone. The good thing is that they sent a replacement protector free of charge, but it took a while to get here. I haven't put it on yet, though.

Bottom line is I trust the Skinomi brand and will definitely get one for my Nexus 4, if it ever gets here. I think I will order the full body kit but still order a case for it.

As far as the question about the carbon fiber pattern, it looks cool, but I wouldn't use it because it would hide the holographic back plate of the N4. That's something unique about the phone that you would want to show off to people.

it's already half price when buying it from ama70n.

SteelRing said:   it's already half price when buying it from ama70n.

Not for my nexus 7 they aren't -- only a few $$ off.

THANK YOU OP !!!!!!

I just ordered a fully body kit for my Nexus 4 from the Skinomi website and with the 50% off and free shipping, it was $6 less than Amazon. Thanks, OP.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014