• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Rosewill RRC-126 Windows Vista/Window7 MCE/Windows 8 MCE Infrared Remote Control with Netflix Function

Model RRC-126

List $34.99
Was $19.99
Now $12.99 + free shipping with code EMCJHNF93 (Exp. 12-10-2012)

- Windows 7 Certificated
- Netflix Function
- 48-Button Remote Control

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

remote
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
For clear QAM and ATSC, you don't need to pay for CableCard functionality (as the aforementioned Centon card provides), ... (more)

Hoogineer (Dec. 05, 2012 @ 9:08a) |

Indeed, but not as good as bona fide!

jaimelobo (Dec. 05, 2012 @ 9:28a) |

can I use this for xbox media center??

hunter2010 (Dec. 05, 2012 @ 11:13a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is certificated better than certified?

KMCHERRY said:   Is certificated better than certified?

If you are Newegg? Yes.

Alternatively:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880101007

$11.99 AC EMCJJHA64 w/ IR learning

Seems like it's back to $19.99

Certificated. Serious business, folks.

I've been wanting a media center remote, thanks OP.

danf said:   Seems like it's back to $19.99

Still working. I just tried and got "EMCJHNF93 Discount From Promo Code -$7.00, Grand Total: $12.99"

Sorry to be so dense, but what exactly about this remote is the "Netflix Function"? I see no button on the remote labeled Netflix.

do the clear looking buttons in the middle light up, for when you're in the dark?

danf said:   Seems like it's back to $19.99

$11.99 for me just now

lennyboy said:   do the clear looking buttons in the middle light up, for when you're in the dark?

Rating feedback on Newegg indicates there is no backlight (seems to be a common down-side in the reviews). I need something like this but I haven't looked into if there are better options for less than $20 more than this.

Solipsist said:   Alternatively:

This one seems better since there is an IR transmitter to control set-top box.

Get a cheap USB IR remote on Amazon for 7-8$ (POS remote, good usb ir sensor), and a Logitech 300 remote. Reviews on Amazon have the remote model for the harmony remote, program and use. Total runs about 20$, you can program the remote with your tv and htpc, and can program a ton of functions. I have one with the xbmc setup on three tv's it's great. Alternatively, get the Lenovo Keyboard-mote on sale for 23$ often here on FW.

Currently using Gyration media controller with air mouse. This is really the way to go if you are running a PC through your television. Otherwise, this controller would work fine for desktop applications.

For reference, I get by with the Hauppauge remote control (using the IR port on the back of an HVR-1250 PCI-e card) 99% of the time in Media Center and a Lenovo n5902 keymote for mousing and text entry (for text search and web page navigation).

hoosierary1 said:   Currently using Gyration media controller with air mouse. This is really the way to go if you are running a PC through your television. Otherwise, this controller would work fine for desktop applications.

I'm completely with you on this one. I use a Gyration remote as well and love it. Unfortunately, they're no longer being made and are very difficult to find any more.

Hoogineer said:   For reference, I get by with the Hauppauge remote control (using the IR port on the back of an HVR-1250 PCI-e card) 99% of the time in Media Center and a Lenovo n5902 keymote for mousing and text entry (for text search and web page navigation).

I've been using the remote from the Hauppague PVR-150 from forever ago, but was wondering if I can still use it if I upgrade to win8.

Solipsist said:   Alternatively:

Sweet! Per Amazon description "Be able to use learning IR receiver to learn the signal from the remote control of set-top boxBe able to use transmitter jack to emit the signal to control set-top box."...looks like you get a free repeater use out of this one too!!

I am ill-informed about Infrared Remote & if all laptops are capable.

Right now I have 3 personal laptops. One will be sold.
One is ancient 10" Fujitsu LifeBook single core 1.2GHz. Currently OS is Linux Mint Cinnamon.
2nd is 1yr old Toshiba 17.3" L775D AMD A6-3400M with Radeon HD Graphics 1.40 GHz on W7 64bit HP.
3rd is new Lenovo G780 17.3" 3rd gen i5, 2GB nVidia graphics on W7 64bit HP.

Are any of these IR capable & work with either Rosewill remote?

If you speak with a bifurcated tongue ...

I think it is the fact that there is a "Netflix" option inside of Windows Media Center. No button on the remote for it, but you can control Netflix once inside Windows Media Center.

Side question: For an HTPC dual ATSC tuner w/ clear QAM, is Silicon Dust the way to go? I had been on the look-out for PCI-e based dual tuner for my HTPC build and ignorantly passed on some recent SiliconDust deals.

FWIW, looks like this remote went for the same price almost exactly 1 year ago

Green OP for simply opening HTPC/XBMC discussion.
Cut cable. Cut Netflix. Every channel, live sporting event, every movie ever: is a Google search away.

$11.78!
I have this one. It's elegant.
http://www.cecompass.com/pc-remote-control-wireless-mice-windows...

P.S.
'Lost the manual (unavailable for download at cecompass.com), anyone aware if/how one of these could power-on my TV?

flap said:   Side question: For an HTPC dual ATSC tuner w/ clear QAM, is Silicon Dust the way to go? I had been on the look-out for PCI-e based dual tuner for my HTPC build and ignorantly passed on some recent SiliconDust deals.

The best thing ever:
http://cetoncorp.com/products/infinitv-4-pcie/

I don't use it anymore, so message me if you're interested.

During the Summer Olympics, I recorded 4 HD channels at once. It's excellent!

Now my children control the TV and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse during daylight hours.

Rose will do anything for a buck

ClearanceItem said:   flap said:   Side question: For an HTPC dual ATSC tuner w/ clear QAM, is Silicon Dust the way to go? I had been on the look-out for PCI-e based dual tuner for my HTPC build and ignorantly passed on some recent SiliconDust deals.

The best thing ever:
http://cetoncorp.com/products/infinitv-4-pcie/

I don't use it anymore, so message me if you're interested.

During the Summer Olympics, I recorded 4 HD channels at once. It's excellent!

Now my children control the TV and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse during daylight hours.

For clear QAM and ATSC, you don't need to pay for CableCard functionality (as the aforementioned Centon card provides), but it will future-proof you for when cable companies begin encrypting the basic service tier (which will require everyone to have a set-top box or a CableCard). (Google 12-126 on fcc.gov.) If you only have one PCI-e slot available and either must use CableCard or want to record more than two shows at a time, I agree that this is the way to go.

If you always plan to use an antenna, don't worry about QAM and CableCard (although most if not all ATSC cards do clear QAM as well). You need a CableCard tuner if you ever want to record encrypted QAM (i.e. digital cable subscription service) w/o a set-top box.

For clear QAM and ATSC, you can get by with any of the following:
- Internal: dual Hauppauge HVR-1250 (can be had for under $30 on eBay) or one HVR-2250 (recently $60 from Newegg on Black Friday, usually around $100), both of which are low-profile PCI-e cards
- External: SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual (HDHR3-US), which you connect to your home network via Ethernet or HDHomeRun Prime [HDHR3-CC] if you want to pay for future CableCard needs

I have mine set up with HVR-1250 x3. My HVR-1600 is collecting dust, since it's a full-profile card (from my first HTPC).

coolbreeze said:   KMCHERRY said:   Is certificated better than certified?Certificated. Serious business, folks.Indeed, but not as good as bona fide!

can I use this for xbox media center??

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014