• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P60U50

Must be logged into EPP/Club Panasonic account to see price. Coming out to 818.5 with Tax for me (shows 0.00 for shipping).

Good deal?

Link for club panasonic:
https://shop.panasonic.com/panasonic/registration

Panasonic
Need a Panasonic coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

TC-P60U50
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
i signed up but do not see the discount

studlee (Dec. 06, 2012 @ 12:06a) |

State income taxes.

cr3s (Dec. 06, 2012 @ 1:14a) |

Creating a regular account does not create an EPP account. Do some Googling.

slickdeal45 (Dec. 06, 2012 @ 5:37a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

With the free shipping it doesn't seem like a bad deal. At least 1 to 2 hundred more at other online sites.

Good current deal. Amazon and WalMart had it for $798 a month or two ago.

Wouldn't be at its best in a bright room since the whole front is one piece of reflective glass. Better in a light controlled room.

1 HDMI input? Really?

It's a good deal otherwise, but I've never seen one with a single HDMI

Darrone said:   1 HDMI input? Really?

Most people that buy this either have the disposable income or inclination to add a Audio-Video Receiver to it, not only to enhance the sound (movies) but to take over the video 'switching'. Once the AVR is connected to the TV, everything else (DVD, Blu-Ray, Xbox, etc) plugs into the receiver, negating the need for any more than 1 HDMI port.

If you're hearing impared, or just cheap, you could probably add your own HDMI switcher instead.

It has 2 HDMI inputs. I bought this a few weeks back on the same site ($10 more than this deal), and am very pleased with the picture quality.

Darrone said:   1 HDMI input? Really?

Where does it say that? The tech specs show 2 HDMI, and the CNET review of the 50" model (they very rarely change anything across sizes) backs that up.

frys had these for 699 last week

RiceBOX said:   frys had these for 699 last week

That was a different model.

tedteddy said:   RiceBOX said:   frys had these for 699 last week

That was a different model.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5572816-60-Panasonic-Viera-TC-P60U50-600Hz-Plasma-HDTV-699-Frys-B-M

http://slickdeals.net/f/5572816-60-Panasonic-Viera-TC-P60U50-600Hz-Plasma-HDTV-699-Frys-B-M

... Some of us don't live in California. (New York, if you cared.)

This seems like a solid deal. If nothing its what I paid for my 720p 42" Vierra I currently use.

I hate living in California where I'm hit with 9.5% sales tax and 10% income tax. All these freeloaders...

Was $720 @ Panasonic EPP last month, no deal IMO!

hocuspocusblade said:   Was $720 @ Panasonic EPP last month, no deal IMO!
Thanks.

Sigh, really wish that $688 BF 60" Vizio didn't sell out before my browser even loaded, I'd love to upgrade my 720p 42" set but you guys and your helpfulness are preventing me : First with all the Westinghouse deals, now this. Thanks for the help [serious] and thanks for the help [sarcastic].

Hope along with change in your pocket..........

I signed up, but it's not showing any epp/club discount? What gives? Any help would be appreciated.

lion1143 said:   I signed up, but it's not showing any epp/club discount? What gives? Any help would be appreciated.

You don't have an EPP account.

cr3s said:   I hate living in California where I'm hit with 9.5% sales tax and 10% income tax. All these freeloaders...

Don't forget the recycling fee. What is the 10% income tax?

Consider yourself lucky for not getting the Vizio. I got the TV on black Friday and it was half dead when hooked up. Half of the screen was white and the other half was black. Pic. could only be seen on one half. Talked to vizio cust. support and apparently there is no home fix for it. Returned the TV a few days later. I checked the web to see that a bunch of other people also reported the same issue with vizio's various panels.

TiredOfTaxes said:   cr3s said:   I hate living in California where I'm hit with 9.5% sales tax and 10% income tax. All these freeloaders...

He's just saying that in California they have sales and income tax. Most states just have one or the other.

Matrim33 said:   

He's just saying that in California they have sales and income tax. Most states just have one or the other.

No, most states do have both. A small minority of states don't.

Agree, don't be sway just by price. The Panasonic 60" plasma is far superior to a similarly sized Vizio or gasp, Westinghouse! I'm bias and favor plasmas, but the quality of the Panasonic is superb. You won't get that with these other brands. Yes, it might be slightly higher, $764 versus $688 for the BF Vizio, but that small difference is nothing when you consider the Panasonic bring you a better picture. Go to the stores and compare, if you truly can't see the difference, then get the cheaper one. But, I think you will. Good Luck!

slickdeal45 said:   Matrim33 said:   

No, most states do have both. A small minority of states don't.

Thank you for the correction. I am in 1 of the 8 states that just has sales tax, for some reason I thought there were more of us...

happypants said:   Good current deal. Amazon and WalMart had it for $798 a month or two ago.

Wouldn't be at its best in a bright room since the whole front is one piece of reflective glass. Better in a light controlled room.

That statement is not entirely true, these are not specifically "reflective" pieces of glass (and it all better be one piece ;o), there is some degree of light filtering--the main reason this comes up all the time when deals are posted for the U50 lineup is that Panasonic's models (starting with the 2nd one up from this) have advanced filtering that helps negate any reflection you 'might' see. I have the P60UT50 which is one model up from this (~$1000 on www.panasonic.com w/ EPP), and directly across from my tv are windows and a sliding glass door--I have no problem watching tv ANY time of day. Sure, at CERTAIN ANGLES you may catch some reflection, but it's actually quite minimal compared to the 2 previous Panasonic plasma's I've owned, and certainly not enough to be anywhere near bothersome. Bear in mind that this is coming from the type of person that will fixate on an issue once I've found it, and go nuts if something is not quite right.

My point is, don't overlook the U50 or UT50 lines based upon an interpretation of the display glass/filter, from someone who doesn't own it...or for that matter, even from a reviewer. 99% of the time you don't see any reflection...now if you decide to look specifically for a reflection, I'm sure you could find one, (hell, you could find one on ANY display if you really wanted to); that being said, if you just use the display to, oh, I don't know, watch tv--you probably wouldn't ever notice anything.

from Amazon
Disclaimer
mwestyn said:   happypants said:   Good current deal. Amazon and WalMart had it for $798 a month or two ago.

That statement is not entirely true, these are not specifically "reflective" pieces of glass (and it all better be one piece ;o), there is some degree of light filtering--the main reason this comes up all the time when deals are posted for the U50 lineup is that Panasonic's models (starting with the 2nd one up from this) have advanced filtering that helps negate any reflection you 'might' see. I have the P60UT50 which is one model up from this (~$1000 on www.panasonic.com w/ EPP), and directly across from my tv are windows and a sliding glass door--I have no problem watching tv ANY time of day. Sure, at CERTAIN ANGLES you may catch some reflection, but it's actually quite minimal compared to the 2 previous Panasonic plasma's I've owned, and certainly not enough to be anywhere near bothersome. Bear in mind that this is coming from the type of person that will fixate on an issue once I've found it, and go nuts if something is not quite right.

My point is, don't overlook the U50 or UT50 lines based upon an interpretation of the display glass/filter, from someone who doesn't own it...or for that matter, even from a reviewer. 99% of the time you don't see any reflection...now if you decide to look specifically for a reflection, I'm sure you could find one, (hell, you could find one on ANY display if you really wanted to); that being said, if you just use the display to, oh, I don't know, watch tv--you probably wouldn't ever notice anything.

I only mentioned this because

1) the whole front (including the bezel) is covered by a piece of glass
2) this model doesn't have any filtering like the higher models

The pictures of this unit on Amazon give a better idea

i signed up but do not see the discount

TiredOfTaxes said:   cr3s said:   I hate living in California where I'm hit with 9.5% sales tax and 10% income tax. All these freeloaders...

State income taxes.

studlee said:   i signed up but do not see the discount

Creating a regular account does not create an EPP account. Do some Googling.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014