Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

WD3000HLHX
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks a lot! I have been looking for one of these!

Good price, but an almost useless product. I would stick with one of the SSD deals.

Fastblack said:   Good price, but an almost useless product. I would stick with one of the SSD deals.

I agree - unless you really need 300GB of mediocre performance, then I would go with excellent performance of a SSD since they are routinely $.54 a gig now a days. $69 128GB SSD

If you need lots raw storage space then a 3.5" 7200rpm SATA drive is the way to go and they are routinely $.04 a gigabyte.
2TB for $70

3TB for $90

I just want to say I've had a Raptor as my boot drive on my general use machine for almost a decade (2003). I have seen many other hard drives birthed and killed during this time. The Raptor still lives.

Me and the Raptor hard drives go way back. Still have my dependable 36GB Raptor as my OS drive.

I'd get them if they start growing to near Terabyte capacities.

donsanedrin said:   Me and the Raptor hard drives go way back. Still have my dependable 36GB Raptor as my OS drive.

I'd get them if they start growing to near Terabyte capacities.

They do have a TB model 1TB Velociraptor

Same here, my raptor still going after many years. I recognize its time has past outside of very specific circumstances but I still appreciate the quality of the device.

valeadmagnet said:   Fastblack said:   Good price, but an almost useless product. I would stick with one of the SSD deals.

I agree - unless you really need 300GB of mediocre performance, then I would go with excellent performance of a SSD since they are routinely $.54 a gig now a days. $69 128GB SSD

If you need lots raw storage space then a 3.5" 7200rpm SATA drive is the way to go and they are routinely $.04 a gigabyte.
2TB for $70

3TB for $90

Isn't an SSD a poor choice for something like a mail server which has many many small writes almost constantly? IMO that's what things like fast RPM disks are very good at; not to mention that the price ratio is at the moment better - $70 will get you a 128GB SSD. 2 of these in RAID 1 would make an excellent OS drive for a server.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014