• 14 5 678
  • Page
  • Text Only
Has anyone bought third party Gift cards and pay with Target GC? Will it work?

Great deal! Thank you!

Did one transaction with $54+ of misc. merchandise, got the $10 GC no questions. In a separate visit bought a $25 Applebees and a $25 Olive Garden gift card, cashier questioned if the coupon/GC offer was "good", she consulted her supervisor and the register accepted the coupon scan, so I got the $10 GC after that short discussion. So it does work on non-Target gift cards without other merchandise in the transaction. Thanks OP!

Great deal! confirmed with Groupon gc mixed in with other merchandise. Paid with a 10$ gc from previous transaction and Kroger gc!
First time i had a target gc in the transaction to get to $50.00 not third party like Groupon.

This is what I did loved it! Did this deal in store tonight, bought $50.00 worth of oral b 1000 with bonus pack 35.99, 2 kids oral b battery operated tooth brushes .90 off each, scope clinical
Total around 53.00
Used a $50.00 tgc from kroger (fuel points 2x)

mfg coupons from coupon book in duracell deal from Staples.
5 off 2 battery operated tooth brushes
.75 off clinical scope
$10.00 coupon for spending $50.00
$15.00 rebate for spending $50.00 on crest, scope, oral b from this deal here oral b rebate

total $53.22
gc $10.00
rebate $15.00

Total $28.22!

Order 2
Gillette pro glide
Gillette 4 pack razor replacements

Groupon $25.00 gc

Total 58.00
gc -10.00 from order 1
mfgc $3.00 from duracell deal for 4 pack razors when you buy a styler
$45.00

gc $15.00

Total $30.00

$111 products
$58.00 actual spent not counting fuel rewards!

Thanks op!

$100 - $8 catalina coupon - $10 GC - $10 GC = 28% discount on my Virgin Mobile top-ups.

Thanks OP!

isamerican said:   First tine i had a target gc not third party.What do you mean?

zmaster said:   Has anyone bought third party Gift cards and pay with Target GC? Will it work?

Yes this works, I did it yesterday.

Thanks OP and Lof for pdf. Used 2 tonight without problems.

I did two transacations this evening. Each for $50 on misc groceries/household items. Got a $10 gift card for each. Plus each transacation generated a $8 off $80 grocery coupon - catalina. Sweet! Don't know what is triggering the catalina as I didn't have anything in common in either of the transactions.

Will be returning to Target to use my $20 of gift cards on $80 grocery purchase along with my $8 catalinas and also get another $10 gift card.

sflv said:   zmaster said:   Has anyone bought third party Gift cards and pay with Target GC? Will it work?

Yes this works, I did it yesterday.

Yes. Just cannot use the Target GC you received in the same transaction (I did try and it flagged a warning on register)

Thanks!

norebates said:   
Yes. Just cannot use the Target GC you received in the same transaction (I did try and it flagged a warning on register)

Lol.. You have to paid for the merchandise first before you use it.

pyro123 said:   norebates said:   

Lol.. You have to paid for the merchandise first before you use it.

Yes, you would assume. However,to my surprise, found that this trick worked last year!

I noticed at Target they have "App Store" gc and Itunes gc. From what I read you can use the App store gc at the Apple Store on line or b&m.

Ipad mini is 329 - 70 target gc = 260 seems like a good deal to me.

Anyone have experience using the app store gc?

1ntwins said:   I did two transacations this evening. Each for $50 on misc groceries/household items. Got a $10 gift card for each. Plus each transacation generated a $8 off $80 grocery coupon - catalina. Sweet! Don't know what is triggering the catalina as I didn't have anything in common in either of the transactions.

Will be returning to Target to use my $20 of gift cards on $80 grocery purchase along with my $8 catalinas and also get another $10 gift card.

You can not use 2 Target coupons on the same items, ie the 8 off 80 and 10 gift card for 50.

jschuman said:   1ntwins said:   I did two transacations this evening. Each for $50 on misc groceries/household items. Got a $10 gift card for each. Plus each transacation generated a $8 off $80 grocery coupon - catalina. Sweet! Don't know what is triggering the catalina as I didn't have anything in common in either of the transactions.

You can not use 2 Target coupons on the same items, ie the 8 off 80 and 10 gift card for 50.

YMMV.

Has anyone gotten this to work with prescriptions? I wonder how it works when your insurance is paying for a significant portion of the Rx cost?

thanks

Thanks OP used it on the starbucks coffee deal

pachelbel9 said:   I just got back from Target. I found a friendly cashier who was willing to do some experimenting, and we found that you can scan the coupon up to 4 times in a single transaction. The register popped up a "limit" error when we tried to do a 5th free $10 card.

So, if I were to purchase:
$599.99
Apple« 32GB iPad with Retina display - Black
and found a friendly cashier, it may be possible to use 4 "$10 Target GiftCard with purchase of $50 or more coupons" to purchase that one item - even though the coupon states "Limit 1 Friends and Fans coupon per guest and transaction" ? I would then receive 4 $10 Target gift cards.

TIA!

jschuman said:   1ntwins said:   I did two transacations this evening. Each for $50 on misc groceries/household items. Got a $10 gift card for each. Plus each transacation generated a $8 off $80 grocery coupon - catalina. Sweet! Don't know what is triggering the catalina as I didn't have anything in common in either of the transactions.

Maybe your not suppose to but it goes through i used 2 10 off 50 and one off 8 80 in same transaction. Depends on the cashier. Try to get a newbie and not a GSTL OR A ETL look for a new team member id.

Very good

WARNING. Employees are now reading the fine print on the coupon and NOT allowing even 3rd party GCs from counting towards reaching the $50 minimum; use ONLY on general merchandise. Middle of coupon's fine print reads, "GiftCards and tax will not be included in determining purchase total"

My response to the employee would be that fine print says "GiftCard." Target calls their gift cards, "GiftCards." What I am buying is a gift card, not a "GiftCard." In fact, that was the first thing that caught my eye when I was reading the fine print. That's what made me try it in the first place.

For those getting catalina coupons, are you using a red card? I've never had one of these print out and tonight I had multiple transactions.

Got two of those out of my four gift card purchases. No RedCard.

Several Managers at Target disagrees with your "GiftCard" definition 87Horsepower. They wont allow ANY GiftCard or gift card period to be counted towards the $50 minimum. So YMMV. You've been warned.

YMMV. Tried using it at a Target in Marietta, GA to purchase 2 non-Target GC's and was shot down by the store manager.

i was lucky to get nice cashier & able to stack 2 $10GC Q's w/ 1 8off80 Catalina for a $105 assorted GC purchase in 1 transaction. TYOP!

deal986 said:   pachelbel9 said:   I just got back from Target. I found a friendly cashier who was willing to do some experimenting, and we found that you can scan the coupon up to 4 times in a single transaction. The register popped up a "limit" error when we tried to do a 5th free $10 card.

So, if I were to purchase:
$599.99
Apple« 32GB iPad with Retina display - Black
and found a friendly cashier, it may be possible to use 4 "$10 Target GiftCard with purchase of $50 or more coupons" to purchase that one item - even though the coupon states "Limit 1 Friends and Fans coupon per guest and transaction" ? I would then receive 4 $10 Target gift cards.

TIA!

Yes, if you find someone who will try. I found a nice older woman who said she 'didn't understand all this internet stuff' but was willing to give it a try.

puppyluvr said:   Several Managers at Target disagrees with your "GiftCard" definition 87Horsepower. They wont allow ANY GiftCard or gift card period to be counted towards the $50 minimum. So YMMV. You've been warned.

Thanks for the warning. I think everyone knows gift cards will be YMMV because of that wording. The important thing is that the register allows it.

In my case, I'll be buying other merchandise that's on sale. Even if I mix in a gift card or two, it's unlikely that they'll think of it. I doubt most of the cashiers at my target will even read the fine print. (Picking a young cashier that doesn't care, or a sweet older lady that can't even read it if she wanted to.)

The spelling of giftcard and the fact that the register doesn't allow target giftcards, but allows the other gift cards will come in handy if any cashiers have questions.

Last night, I bought $200 in gift cards successfully in one transaction with four coupons. (Was going to split it into two $100 transactions but the cashier said no problem to do it all in one transaction.) Went back to a different cashier (the first one was busy) to purchase $400 in gift cards with eight coupons. He didn't know what he was doing so he called for assistance. After some back and forth, they processed the transaction but the register limit was four coupons per transaction so they had to split it into two $200 transactions. I then used ten of the $10 Target GiftCards to purchase four $25 Target GiftCards in one transaction with no problem (with a third cashier).

Big thanks Mr. C

Won't be as good as last year, allowing us to buy Target gift cards, but great none the less!!
WooT!

The total is before coupons. It can be used on gift cards, but NOT Target gift cards. I did this last night.

Thanks, I just used it and no problem. I think it is as long as your total bill is 50+, my cart had food and toys.

Thank you- something as simple as posting a high res pdf has brought me TONS of relief- penny pinching to get what we need this year is tough and this helped so much!

josh1701 said:   Last night, I bought $200 in gift cards successfully in one transaction with four coupons. (Was going to split it into two $100 transactions but the cashier said no problem to do it all in one transaction.) Went back to a different cashier (the first one was busy) to purchase $400 in gift cards with eight coupons. He didn't know what he was doing so he called for assistance. After some back and forth, they processed the transaction but the register limit was four coupons per transaction so they had to split it into two $200 transactions. I then used ten of the $10 Target GiftCards to purchase four $25 Target GiftCards in one transaction with no problem (with a third cashier).

On that last transaction where you bought four $25 Target GCs with the ten $10 Target GCs received, did your use two of the coupons? If you did, the register should have beeped, NOT allowing the cashier to process the coupons. Also, you were very lucky that no one really read the fine print: "Limit 1 Friends and Fans coupon per guest and transaction."

Where can I print the $3 home with no restrictions?? I'm new here and would appreciate any help. Thank you! -Mommyof4

T-Mobile $50 card is priced at $49.99, so you'll need filler to cross $50

It's too bad they don't have the LEGO set gift cards this year. Last year, we donated all the LEGO sets we could find to the children's ward at the hospital.

Thanks for confirming that this works on purchasing gift cards. Target on my list for tonight.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014