• 145 6 78
  • Page
  • Text Only
Someone asked about having the coupon on a cell phone. I did this, they scanned it right off my iphone, and there was no issue.

Anyone having lucky with buy a stack of gift cards with a stack of coupons? Did they have to ring you up separately?

I've done 3 separate transactions back to back of $100 (2 coupons each transaction) with no problems. In 2 of the transactions, I had 5 Subway $15 cards and a Ramano $25 card to get to the $100 mark each. So I'm not sure what you mean by stack...

Bought Starbucks and Tmobile GCs without any problem. With one transaction, the cashier stacked the GCs with 2 coupons and they went through just fine.

Can someone list the type of GCs target sell? I only saw a limited number of brands by the checkout stand. They also had ATT GCs. Can these be applied to the monthly post-pay bills?

isamerican said:   I noticed at Target they have "App Store" gc and Itunes gc. From what I read you can use the App store gc at the Apple Store on line or b&m.

Ipad mini is 329 - 70 target gc = 260 seems like a good deal to me.

Anyone have experience using the app store gc?

The App store gift card is issued by iTunes, thus the purchase has to be iTunes store... I don't think this is equal to an Apple gift card where you can use it to purchase physical merchandise.

mathfaster said:   zmaster said:   Anyone know if I will get 2 $10GC with this Q if I buy the Magic Bullet or Younnas Maker $49.99 which already has $10GC in the ad. Do I need a filler to reach $50 to use this Q?Starbucks had gcs with that offer and both those and the $10 are being generated.

Wait, are you saying buying the starbucks GCs without using the target coupon will generate a $10? So in theory, I will get $20 back?

More data points: I used two today. For the second transaction I used the $10 gift card earned from the first. I also bought a Google Play gift card as part of the second $50 purchase.

Total purchase was around $102. Paid $92. Have one gift card left over.

Tonight, I bought (1) $25 Starbucks gift card and (1) $25 Applebees gift card..Got a $10 Target GiftCard back after purchase!

Add another data point. Bought 2 $15 GC (subway and chicfila) and Dark knight rises (match Amazon price) with some groceries. Sub total was 54, with coupons from groceries came out to $49, $10 GC coupon still worked, so it must be subtotal. Also note, my friend bought stuff earlier in the day. Told her about the coupon, she called my local target and they said they would still honor the coupon. I watched it happen. She gave them the receipt and coupon. She got back a $10 GC.

Purchased $400.00 in prepaid visa's tonight! Also found American Express prepaid, perfect for Costco!
$6.00 per card to activate

2 x $100
-$12.00 activation for 2 cards
+ $40.00 in TGC~!

2 x $100 paid with previous prepaid visa!
+ $40.00 in TGC~!

$56.00 profit! yeah OP you rock only need to do this 4 more times lol and a free xbox.

Going to do this again tomorrow then pick me up an xbox 360 for $250 which has a $25.00 tgc also!

Loving this deal more and more!

Also saw that nook gift cards were discounted $50.00 for $46.00 didn't see an activation charge on the card unless I missed it.

isamerican said:   Purchased $400.00 in prepaid visa's tonight! Also found American Express prepaid, perfect for Costco!

2 x $100
+ $40.00 in TGC~!

+ $40.00 in TGC~!

$56.00 profit! yeah OP you rock only need to do this 4 more times lol and a free xbox.

Going to do this again tomorrow then pick me up an xbox 360 for $250 which has a $25.00 tgc also!

Also saw that nook gift cards were discounted $50.00 for $46.00 didn't see an activation charge on the card unless I missed it.

I didn't see these. Where were they hung? I ended up buying $800 worth of Starbucks.

They are in the cashier lanes only at the very top, not every lane either! Happy hunting.

I used the coup today on $56.xx in misc merchandise purchase, as well as a Catalina for $5/25 frozen food items (I had $26.xx in frozen food). Register wouldn't take BOTH the $5 Catalina and the $10 GC coupon... it would allow one or the other. Cashier was painfully under-trained (as evinced by the "I hate my job, but I need the money" comment she led off with). The supervisor who came to assist couldn't get it to work either, but he knows the value of time, so he just did a price override on one of my $5 frozen items and zeroed it out. Then the register was fine with just giving me my $10 GC. Based on mixed reviews here, I wasn't quite prepared to try buying GCs with the coup, but I may try again tomorrow... especially if I can find the same cashier. She seemed like she'd let anything fly so long as the register didn't beep at her in the process.

moneynomore said:   I didn't see these. Where were they hung? I ended up buying $800 worth of Starbucks.

You need to get that caffeine addiction under control, man!

Can the Tmobile gift cards be used to pay a monthly bill...not prepaid?

Do they have BestBuy gift cards?
I want to buy a $425 (incl. Tax) Laptop so I might need 9x$50.
The Laptop would be $332 incl. Tax plus free RAM.

So I've read the thread, but didn't see anything inclusive from someone who tried. Can you use this coupon when buying Target gift cards? Just assume I'm paying cash/credit card, not trying to use gift-cards to buy more gift cards? I used this deal last year to pile up on free gift cards, then use 1/3 of them to buy a 3DS for my son and effectively netted a 3DS for about $65 (didn't want to acquire a few hundred more and make it virtually free). If I can only use this on other gift cards, and since it doesn't seem like any N. California Targets have gas cards, I probably won't be able to gather more than a couple free $10 TGTs this year.

And I KNOW the coupon says excludes gift cards in the total. Doubtful that will be a problem with the right cashier. As people have said...find a friendly cashier, and they'll try whatever for you. I won one over by handing an extra coupon to the shopper in front of me...totally made her day and the cashier saw this and then helped me make mine.

isamerican said:   They are in the cashier lanes only at the very top, not every lane either! Happy hunting.

It took me a while to find the Visa and AMEX GCs and almost gave up on them. I accidentally found them when looking for batteries at the checkout registers. Not all checkout registers have them, at least the store I went to. Good luck and happy hunting.

I bought 2 x $100 Visa GCs and paid for them using a $200 Visa GC bought from Staples in one transaction. Received 4 Target GCs w/out any problem. Will definitely go back to grab 2 AMEX GCs using the 2 Visa GCs I bought today.

I was able to pay my starbucks GC purchase with the previous target GC received from the previous transaction. Will try the coupon on prepaid cards (visa/AMEX) tomorow.

So just to be clear, you bought $200 in GC, and they scanned the coupon 4 times and it accepted it, providing you with 4x$10 TGCs? If yes, hopefully I can find a nice cashier to let me do the same tomorrow.

isamerican said:   Purchased $400.00 in prepaid visa's tonight! Also found American Express prepaid, perfect for Costco!

2 x $100
+ $40.00 in TGC~!

+ $40.00 in TGC~!

DirtCheapDad said:   So just to be clear, you bought $200 in GC, and they scanned the coupon 4 times and it accepted it, providing you with 4x$10 TGCs? If yes, hopefully I can find a nice cashier to let me do the same tomorrow.

2 x $100
+ $40.00 in TGC~!

+ $40.00 in TGC~!

One cashier scanned same coupon 4 times, other cashier requested 4 separate coupons. I just mentioned that it can be accepted up to 4 times.

I also have given out coupons to people in line and such and it seems to help.

I had to fight just to use 3 coupons on 3 separate transactions (at 2 different stores). Both times, they called for manager approval. I can't even picture asking to use 4 coupons in the SAME transaction. I'm quite sure I would get shot down. But congrats on getting away with it! I double dipped the catalina coupons and GC's over and over. I stocked up on Subway and T-Mobile cards, plus did some shopping. I got 10 TGC overall (used all but one)...

LiluQT said:   It's too bad they don't have the LEGO set gift cards this year. Last year, we donated all the LEGO sets we could find to the children's ward at the hospital.
This year's gift cards with the little dog in the car toy are really pretty terrific, too. They didn't have any out on the floor when I went to Target the other day, but I spoke to the manager and she said she knew they had some in the back that she could get me. When she returned, she said she also found a few of the LEGO ones from last year, so she gave those to me, too! Nice surprise.

2 x $100
+ $40.00 in TGC~!

+ $40.00 in TGC~!

What did you buy in your second transaction? 2x$100 Visa again? If yes you could do that over and over again until you get all your money back and your XBox for free...

But would either one of those ideas work?

1. In case Target has TRU GCs:
Buy 10xTRU $50 gift cards (save $100).
Go to TRU and buy 11 Amazon Kindle $50 for $45 each ($495 but $550 value = save $55)

= pay $445 on a $550 Amazon Laptop.

OR

2. Target has Visa GCs and buy Amazon kindle GCs at TRUs with Visa GCs (see isamerican)
and buy Laptop for about 14% off ($475 for $550 Laptop).

To the one that gave me red in my previous post: Why?

kenbenobi said:   I had to fight just to use 3 coupons on 3 separate transactions (at 2 different stores). Both times, they called for manager approval. I can't even picture asking to use 4 coupons in the SAME transaction. I'm quite sure I would get shot down. But congrats on getting away with it! I double dipped the catalina coupons and GC's over and over. I stocked up on Subway and T-Mobile cards, plus did some shopping. I got 10 TGC overall (used all but one)...

I'm mentally picturing the manager just pulling out a gun and shooting you for even trying

My target only had a couple of restaurants and iTunes gcs. Will visit another one to see if the gcs are any better.

tajar96 said:   My target only had a couple of restaurants and iTunes gcs. Will visit another one to see if the gcs are any better.

They're not all at the register. I found a bunch near the CDs in one store and another store had some near the greeting cards.

DirtCheapDad said:   Can you use this coupon when buying Target gift cards?

No one has been able to use the coupon on Target Gift Cards.

sportsfan64 said:   tajar96 said:   My target only had a couple of restaurants and iTunes gcs. Will visit another one to see if the gcs are any better.

They're not all at the register. I found a bunch near the CDs in one store and another store had some near the greeting cards.

Yeah, also look in electronics and in books.

Also, there are some visa prepaids in the checkout aisles.

Where to get the Catalina 8 off 80 coupon?

I didn't use any coupons when purchasing the four $25 Target GiftCards (to give as gifts, by the way) with ten of the $10 Target GiftCards, as I knew that wouldn't fly. The register didn't flag the transaction at all.

I didn't use any coupons when purchasing the four $25 Target GiftCards (to give as gifts, by the way) with ten of the $10 Target GiftCards, as I knew that wouldn't fly. The register didn't flag the transaction at all.

puppyluvr said:   josh1701 said:   Last night, I bought $200 in gift cards successfully in one transaction with four coupons. (Was going to split it into two $100 transactions but the cashier said no problem to do it all in one transaction.) Went back to a different cashier (the first one was busy) to purchase $400 in gift cards with eight coupons. He didn't know what he was doing so he called for assistance. After some back and forth, they processed the transaction but the register limit was four coupons per transaction so they had to split it into two $200 transactions. I then used ten of the $10 Target GiftCards to purchase four $25 Target GiftCards in one transaction with no problem (with a third cashier).

On that last transaction where you bought four $25 Target GCs with the ten $10 Target GCs received, did your use two of the coupons? If you did, the register should have beeped, NOT allowing the cashier to process the coupons. Also, you were very lucky that no one really read the fine print: "Limit 1 Friends and Fans coupon per guest and transaction."

how is this possible?

I tired to buy a TGC and the register flagged it.

The cashier tried to do it again and the register wouldnt allow it.

Some data point is missing to that story.

Thank you so much, couldn't get mine to print, this did

So this works on Prepaid visa and Prepaid AMEX GC?
Why the wiki on SD says it is not working on Prepaid CC.

Motivator said:   isamerican said:   They are in the cashier lanes only at the very top, not every lane either! Happy hunting.

It took me a while to find the Visa and AMEX GCs and almost gave up on them. I accidentally found them when looking for batteries at the checkout registers. Not all checkout registers have them, at least the store I went to. Good luck and happy hunting.

I bought 2 x $100 Visa GCs and paid for them using a $200 Visa GC bought from Staples in one transaction. Received 4 Target GCs w/out any problem. Will definitely go back to grab 2 AMEX GCs using the 2 Visa GCs I bought today.

I went to the electronics section and asked the associate if I could use multiiple coupons per transaction. I was buying $500 worth of $50 Disney cards. He said he didn't know but would try. So the first transaction I did just 2 gift cards (total $100) and he applied 2 coupons. I then did two other transactions (4 gift cards each) and used 4 coupons for each transaction. It worked great!

I had printed more coupons than I would use so on my way out of the store I handed them out to people with full carts.

I have bought several prepaid visas and prepaid a mex cards. these ones much is a gift card on them

there is an AMX for target which is a reloadable temporary card and it will not work on this.

I had a manager try to override it to give me 1 of them and it will not work.

but you can use the prepaid gift card American Express to buy the prepaid gift card visas

Casebuddy said:   how is this possible?

It has been stated many times that this coupon will not work on Target gift card has to be a third party gift card Casebuddy said:   how is this possible?

isamerican said:   I have bought several prepaid visas and prepaid a mex cards. these ones much is a gift card on them

there is an AMX for target which is a reloadable temporary card and it will not work on this.

I had a manager try to override it to give me 1 of them and it will not work.

but you can use the prepaid gift card American Express to buy the prepaid gift card visas

Wow. Thats great. And you also got the $10 TGC on the Visa GC you bought with the AMEX GC?
And with those TGC you are able to buy Visa or AMEX GCs?
Im gonna try that today at my 6 surrounding Targets until I get my Laptop for free with VISA or AMEX GCs.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014