• 1456 7 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
" I then used ten of the $10 Target GiftCards to purchase four $25 Target GiftCards in one transaction with no problem (with a third cashier)."

And did you get an additional $20 in Targee GCs?

[/josh1701 said:   Last night, I bought $200 in gift cards successfully in one transaction with four coupons. (Was going to split it into two $100 transactions but the cashier said no problem to do it all in one transaction.) Went back to a different cashier (the first one was busy) to purchase $400 in gift cards with eight coupons. He didn't know what he was doing so he called for assistance. After some back and forth, they processed the transaction but the register limit was four coupons per transaction so they had to split it into two $200 transactions. I then used ten of the $10 Target GiftCards to purchase four $25 Target GiftCards in one transaction with no problem (with a third cashier).

marctritter said:   isamerican said:   I have bought several prepaid visas and prepaid a mex cards. these ones much is a gift card on them

there is an AMX for target which is a reloadable temporary card and it will not work on this.

I had a manager try to override it to give me 1 of them and it will not work.

but you can use the prepaid gift card American Express to buy the prepaid gift card visas

Wow. Thats great. And you also got the $10 TGC on the Visa GC you bought with the AMEX GC?
And with those TGC you are able to buy Visa or AMEX GCs?
Im gonna try that today at my 6 surrounding Targets until I get my Laptop for free with VISA or AMEX GCs.

you cannot use the Target gift cards to purchase the prepaid cards. I reuse the third party visa the gift card an American Express gift card to purchase each other.

new twist on this deal
target has the American Express prepaid car just like the AAA AMEX

the coupon will not work on the purchase of this card but you can use the prepaid visa in prepaid American Express gift cards to fund card. which to coupon does work on those cards with the right cashiers

check out this link I looked up on how people are utilizing this. I'm just suggesting using the prepaid cards to fund it and getting to Target Gift cards in return.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/frequentmiler/2012/10/30/using-the-target-amex-card-to-run-up-spend/

essentially you could then use this card purchase more prepaid gift cards in rinse and repeat. wish I would've learned this before the last day the coupon is valid

I used it yesterday and I was able to use a $40 gift card to pay for my total purchase and still get the $10 gift card. I was a little saddened though, I tried to buy a $50 gift card and get the free $10, but that doesn't work. That being said it is a purchase of anything in the store besides gift cards and AA/Visa cards etc after coupons.

I tried on the target AMEX yesterday, it doesn't work with the coupon.

I have gotten it to work on the AMEX gc but extremely ymmv now, the visa still works but have to purchase with something now, usually get a $1.00 cookies for my kids and goes through no problem.

woomanhei said:   I tried on the target AMEX yesterday, it doesn't work with the coupon.

I didn't use any coupons when purchasing the four $25 Target GiftCards (to give as gifts, by the way) with ten of the $10 Target GiftCards, as I knew that wouldn't fly.

imsparty said:   " I then used ten of the $10 Target GiftCards to purchase four $25 Target GiftCards in one transaction with no problem (with a third cashier)."

And did you get an additional $20 in Targee GCs?

[/josh1701 said:   Last night, I bought $200 in gift cards successfully in one transaction with four coupons. (Was going to split it into two $100 transactions but the cashier said no problem to do it all in one transaction.) Went back to a different cashier (the first one was busy) to purchase $400 in gift cards with eight coupons. He didn't know what he was doing so he called for assistance. After some back and forth, they processed the transaction but the register limit was four coupons per transaction so they had to split it into two $200 transactions. I then used ten of the $10 Target GiftCards to purchase four $25 Target GiftCards in one transaction with no problem (with a third cashier).

Thank you !!

Bought four miscellaneous (non-Target) gift cards in a single transaction and received two $10 gift cards. Paid with Red card, so total was $96 (not sure how 5% of $100 is $4, but that's how it rang up -- maybe the register subtracts the value of the free gift cards before calculating the discount?).

Best part, though, was giving away my two leftover coupons to other customers (one young couple, and one man in coveralls who was buying diapers, among other things), and making them happy.

Yeah, so I just got back from Target. I bought $1100 worth of $50 Disney gift cards for $880. (Well $900, but I have 2 $10 Target gift cards left over that I'll spend later). I had an actual need for these anyway so the timing is extra perfect.

Me: (In a style befitting a discussion that I'm sure a bank robber would have with a teller) "This is going to be an annoying transaction, but I know how to run it so it will go easy for both of us. I am going to break this into six transactions. You can use this coupon four times per transaction. You can scan the same coupon four times or I will give you four separate coupons, it's your choice."

Cashier: "Uh it says right here that you can't use it for gift cards."

Me: "Trust me. You can. Try it."

A number of people behind me left the line in a huff (which I have to say was probably way more satisfying than it was embarassing)

By the end we had quite the system. I'd hand her four gift cards, four $10 target gift cards from the previous transaction then swipe my credit card for the $160 each subsequent transaction. My credit card was declined by transaction #6 so I had to switch to a different card, but that was the only snag.

So if you're going to go do a bunch of transactions like this it might be a good idea to call your credit card company in advance and clear the transaction(s) prior.

I just bought two $25 visa GCs and got the $10 target GC with the coupon without any issue, but how can they get away with charging a $4 activation fee on each $25 GC? That seems like highway robbery to me? Maybe i'm just cheap and haven't bought a GC in awhile, but $4?

russrimm said:   I just bought two $25 visa GCs and got the $10 target GC with the coupon without any issue, but how can they get away with charging a $4 activation fee on each $25 GC? That seems like highway robbery to me? Maybe i'm just cheap and haven't bought a GC in awhile, but $4?

welcome to earth

moneynomore said:   Bought Starbucks and Tmobile GCs without any problem. With one transaction, the cashier stacked the GCs with 2 coupons and they went through just fine.

Can someone list the type of GCs target sell? I only saw a limited number of brands by the checkout stand. They also had ATT GCs. Can these be applied to the monthly post-pay bills?

This is what I found here

How can I use my AT&T gift card?
AT&T gift cards can be used in AT&T retail stores and on the AT&T Web Site to purchase wireless phones and devices, as well as accessories like: chargers, Bluetooth headsets, memory cards, cases, and screen protectors.

Gift cards cannot be used to pay your bill.

Note: When you use an AT&T gift card online, the card balance must match or exceed the purchase amount. If you do not have enough funds on your gift card to purchase an item online, your transaction still will be processed. However, we will not ship your purchase until you contact us to submit payment for the balance due. After making your purchase, you will receive an email advising you to contact AT&T to complete your order.

azs1 said:   Bought four miscellaneous (non-Target) gift cards in a single transaction and received two $10 gift cards. Paid with Red card, so total was $96 (not sure how 5% of $100 is $4, but that's how it rang up -- maybe the register subtracts the value of the free gift cards before calculating the discount?).

Best part, though, was giving away my two leftover coupons to other customers (one young couple, and one man in coveralls who was buying diapers, among other things), and making them happy.

Did you happen to pay using $20 worth of target cards? If so, 5% would only be $4 and not $5.

moneynomore said:   Bought Starbucks and Tmobile GCs without any problem. With one transaction, the cashier stacked the GCs with 2 coupons and they went through just fine.

Can someone list the type of GCs target sell? I only saw a limited number of brands by the checkout stand.

My Target has a separate carousel of GCs that has many more options than are available right at the checkout stands . Look for something similar in your store.

You can see here which cards are sold in stores.

JDubTrey said:   azs1 said:   Bought four miscellaneous (non-Target) gift cards in a single transaction and received two $10 gift cards. Paid with Red card, so total was $96 (not sure how 5% of $100 is $4, but that's how it rang up -- maybe the register subtracts the value of the free gift cards before calculating the discount?).

Did you happen to pay using $20 worth of target cards? If so, 5% would only be $4 and not $5.

Nope! I only used my Red card to pay...

azs1 said:   JDubTrey said:   azs1 said:   Bought four miscellaneous (non-Target) gift cards in a single transaction and received two $10 gift cards. Paid with Red card, so total was $96 (not sure how 5% of $100 is $4, but that's how it rang up -- maybe the register subtracts the value of the free gift cards before calculating the discount?).

Which four cards did you get?

(I have no idea why I am obsessed with this...)

JDubTrey said:   azs1 said:   JDubTrey said:   azs1 said:   Bought four miscellaneous (non-Target) gift cards in a single transaction and received two $10 gift cards. Paid with Red card, so total was $96 (not sure how 5% of $100 is $4, but that's how it rang up -- maybe the register subtracts the value of the free gift cards before calculating the discount?).

Ha! I bought $25 GCs for Chipotle, Starbucks, Red Lobster/Olive Garden, and Outback (now, don't go tellin' the people I'm giving them to!)....

azs1 said:   JDubTrey said:   azs1 said:   JDubTrey said:   azs1 said:   Bought four miscellaneous (non-Target) gift cards in a single transaction and received two $10 gift cards. Paid with Red card, so total was $96 (not sure how 5% of $100 is $4, but that's how it rang up -- maybe the register subtracts the value of the free gift cards before calculating the discount?).

Ha! I bought $25 GCs for Chipotle, Starbucks, Red Lobster/Olive Garden, and Outback (now, don't go tellin' the people I'm giving them to!)....

Ok, I won't if you insist.

I have no idea why you got shorted $1. On those, The total should have been $95 like you said (and not $96). I was thinking that one may have been some cellular airtime (which may have incurred some tax).

isamerican said:   marctritter said:   isamerican said:   I have bought several prepaid visas and prepaid a mex cards. these ones much is a gift card on them

there is an AMX for target which is a reloadable temporary card and it will not work on this.

I had a manager try to override it to give me 1 of them and it will not work.

but you can use the prepaid gift card American Express to buy the prepaid gift card visas

Wow. Thats great. And you also got the $10 TGC on the Visa GC you bought with the AMEX GC?
And with those TGC you are able to buy Visa or AMEX GCs?
Im gonna try that today at my 6 surrounding Targets until I get my Laptop for free with VISA or AMEX GCs.

you cannot use the Target gift cards to purchase the prepaid cards. I reuse the third party visa the gift card an American Express gift card to purchase each other.

Are you saying you cannot use any Target gift cards to purchase the visa prepaid cards? If so then the Kroger/Target GC combo won't work to get prepaid Visa cards.

I got the deal today like this:

- Fry's (a Kroger store): $50 Target GC (for the 4x fuel points)
- Target: 2 $25 Starbucks cards and an iPad cover for my wife.

Paid with the $50 Target GC and got a $10 GC no hassle. I picked an express lane with a teenage girl cashier hoping for less hassle.

lucky you and the two other folks you endowed.
cashier checked with manager if she could accept the Q. She said yes, but I only could use one per transaction. (bummer as I had a $10 for $100 catalina that the super then approved and no way to scale and purchase $100 visa/AMEX).

The red card %5 off works on top of this Q deal? wow.
azs1 said:   Bought four miscellaneous (non-Target) gift cards in a single transaction and received two $10 gift cards. Paid with Red card, so total was $96 (not sure how 5% of $100 is $4, but that's how it rang up -- maybe the register subtracts the value of the free gift cards before calculating the discount?).

Thanks for the post and lucky all for all of you! Not only did the Target cashier nor manager refuse to type the barcode from the coupon into the register (apparently they could not get the scanner to read the barcode from my phone screen - she said that those had to be printed!) - she would not allow any type of gift card to be part of the coupon! Then, when I asked them to price-match something from Newegg, they refused. I was so disappointed - I had them cancel everything else I had on my order and left the store and went to Best Buy. So much more pleasant. At least when Best Buy says they will price match, they price matched (but no $10 GC - oh well!)

This is probably too late to help anyone, but I was able to use the coupon with $50+ in prescriptions.

Was able to get a bunch of Visa cards today with the coupon. Burned out on Target for now.

Well...decided it wasn't worth all the hassles this year, but tried to get a little out of this deal anyway. I was able to use the coupon once on a purchase. Then tried to do 2x$100 Visa GCs, and the cashier processed the first one, scanned the coupon once and then went to the second one. I told her to just go ahead and scan the same coupon, or I could give her 4 coupons, and that it would process additional $10 GCs up to 4 total. Just after clearing the second one, she stopped, looked the coupon and said, "No, I'm sorry I can't do that. Even if it processes them, I could get in trouble." Oh well. I think I got unlucky with this particular cashier. She didn't look like someone who would care, but more importantly I realized the person who walked up right behind her was her replacement, and I had caught this particular cashier at the end of a shift and antsy to get rid of me to move on. Oh well...I ultimately just took 1x$100 GC for the heck of it, not saving a whole lot in the transaction, and was able to get 2x$10 cards on the $52 in purchases and $100 ($106 after activation) GC. Pretty sure my red card didn't give me any discount on the $100 Visa GC.

Decided to try and pick up a few more gift cards tonight. At the first Target, we checked out $100 of gift cards in electronics, where the cashier then said only one coupon was allowed. I had him split the order since my boyfriend was there with me and went on our way to try the front. Picked out a young female cashier, who would only let us use one coupon for the both of us because we were both considered "one guest" and wouldn't even let us both have a transaction.

Went to a second target where I was able to do a few $100 transactions in the back and front without any issues. The cashier up front even asked where people were getting the coupons because she had seen so many in the day. I asked if employees were allowed to use them and she said she thinks so but she had no idea how to get them. I gave her 3 extra that I had and she shut down her lane to go shopping, lol.

I wish I could go back to last year in a time machine. It was all so much easier. All in all, I'm happy this is all over now and can finally refocus on my life. My priorities always get so messed up with this Target deal comes around.

1400+ downloads of my upload alone....it was several thousand last year

It looks like the coupon only works after certain time, at least in VA. I noticed this strange behavior today and wonder if anyone saw the same thing elsewhere.

Long story short. Stopped by first target today to get 2 x $100 gift cards, but coupon did *not* work around 3:30pm. A message on the screen says "return coupon to customer...". Went to another target and again had no luck around 4:30pm. I had success with the coupon at the first target around 9pm last night and decided to go back around the same time. To increase my chances of getting the Target GCs, I bought $100+ worth of merchandise along with a $100 GCs. Cha-ching, the coupon worked and received 4 target GCs after convincing the cashier and manager that the coupon would work up to 4 times. I decided to grab 1 more $100 GC for the 2nd transaction and got 2 additional Target GCs. While the cashier was ringing up the 2nd transaction, I handed out a bunch of coupons to a couple behind me. Also gave the cashier some coupons after the transaction completed.

Thanks OP for this awesome deal.

Motivator said:   It looks like the coupon only works after certain time, at least in VA. I noticed this strange behavior today and wonder if anyone saw the same thing elsewhere.

Long story short. Stopped by first target today to get 2 x $100 gift cards, but coupon did *not* work around 3:30pm. A message on the screen says "return coupon to customer...". Went to another target and again had no luck around 4:30pm. I had success with the coupon at the first target around 9pm last night and decided to go back around the same time. To increase my chances of getting the Target GCs, I bought $100+ worth of merchandise along with a $100 GCs. Cha-ching, the coupon worked and received 4 target GCs after convincing the cashier and manager that the coupon would work up to 4 times. I decided to grab 1 more $100 GC for the 2nd transaction and got 2 additional Target GCs. While the cashier was ringing up the 2nd transaction, I handed out a bunch of coupons to a couple behind me. Also gave the cashier some coupons after the transaction completed.

Hmmmm... I checked out at 4:35 pm in Virginia, and didn't experience any problems. Odd that it didn't work for you. What kind of GCs were you trying to purchase?

Glad it finally worked out for you in the end, anyway!

Here is the reason:

The actual transaction is based on a purchase of $120 ($100 non-Tgt gcs + $20 Tgt gcs) and $20 worth of coupon discounts. The $20 off the total of $120 is applied as if it is deducted from the non-Tgt gc purchase, so what remains is $80 worth of non-Tgt gcs and $20 of Tgt gcs. The 5% RedCard discount then gets applied to the $80 portion only. So you end up owing $96.

JDubTrey said:   azs1 said:   Bought four miscellaneous (non-Target) gift cards in a single transaction and received two $10 gift cards. Paid with Red card, so total was $96 (not sure how 5% of $100 is $4, but that's how it rang up -- maybe the register subtracts the value of the free gift cards before calculating the discount?).

tried buying visa cards but the register wouldn't accept it. also, tried to use two coupons for something that totaled $100 but cashier wouldn't do it (two different Targets). Oh well. At the end of the day, 20% off is not worth buying stuff just to buy. still got to use it at least once for an appletv plus $8 off $80 catalina coupon from earlier transaction.

I went tonight and and spent $140.65 (with tax and after deducting coupons I used ($11.75) & Redcard) , on mostly groceries that I would have been buying anyways and a few other odds & ends, and got 3 $10 GCs. Not as good as I hoped to do. She made me break it into 3 separate transactions. I didn't get there until later and when I checked out it was closing time and they were in a hurry to get out of there (so why make it more complicated). I wish they would have had more of the groceries I needed but they either don't carry them or they were so much more expensive there that it would have eaten up the card profit anyways.

I had a couple other things there I wanted but one was $80 and the other $30 and they refused to put them together and double scan or use 2 coupons on one transaction and although I had a few other small things I would have gotten it wouldn't have been enough to at least make up the difference to get the $30 item and I didn't have time left to go back and get something else so I just told her to forget it.

Oh well, I basically got the non-grocery stuff I bought for around $10 net after the cards and when I checked my receipts at home I saw I'd gotten a free carton of ice cream she forgot to scan.

Motivator said:   It looks like the coupon only works after certain time, at least in VA. I noticed this strange behavior today and wonder if anyone saw the same thing elsewhere.

I had a similar experience. I went in with the intention of churning Visa gift cards and here is what happened:

Target #1 (keep in mind that all three transactions went down in 15 minutes or less, I just kept getting back in line. Three different cashiers. Watched them all do exactly the same thing.

Transaction #1 bought $100 Visa GC. Asked "can I use two coupons since it is $100". "Sure, I'll try". Success. Two $10 GC.
Transaction #2 bought $100 Visa GC. Asked "can I use two coupons since it is $100". "Sure.". Success. Two $10 GC. Paid with Visa from transaction #1 plus CC for difference.
Transaction #3 bought $100 Visa GC. Asked "can I use two coupons since it is $100." "Sure.". Message on register screen "No items available for coupon". Manager involved, actually tried to make it work but eventually said no-go based on no gift card clause.

Taret #2:

Same as above, but with only one successful transaction using the visa gift card from target #1 for payment. It was late, and I didn't want the hassle of trying a different line, and/or getting into it with a manager, so I left. I am pretty sure the cashiers all did the same thing, and I find it hard to believe that different cash registers were programmed differently.

In any case, thanks to the OP. I netted $42 and only laid out $118. I wish I had jumped on this earlier. I figure I could have accumulated several hundred dollars in profits.

Adam

BIG thanks for posting this OP. I did not churn it as much, only $200 - still made $40. Wish I could think of more things to buy in less than a day of seeing this deal.

The AMEX gc were weird, if i did a visa gc first no probLems. Tried to get electronics to use it more than once on an xbox, no go. They would only let me use one during visit.

All in all got my kids xbox 2 games plus another $120 in gc.

Used with other gift card promos and rebates, also stacked 2 , $8 catalina coupons work 4 $10 gc in one order!

Thanks op!

Also gave out a dozen coupons to people in line or with shipping carts work kids stuff.

Someone on SD saw a similar coupon at Target by the cash register that had an expiration date of 12/10.

anyone try using yesterday's coupon (exp 12/8) today..just to see if went through

ccole said:   I got the deal today like this:
an iPad cover for my wife.
An iPad cover fits your wife??

aarzi said:   ccole said:   I got the deal today like this:
an iPad cover for my wife.
An iPad cover fits your wife??

His wife is flat Stanley.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.