• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

DP TD-1010 (18.92kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
How can I stop the freezing on it?...how do I overclock it?....thanks in advance

msc4785 (Dec. 26, 2012 @ 11:46a) |

Titanium backup, and setcpu off the top of my head.

Vmlinux (Dec. 26, 2012 @ 11:46a) |

Vmlinux (Dec. 26, 2012 @ 11:47a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Seems like a good deal for a dual core 10" tablet. Anyone see any problems with this unit?

Steevareeno said:   Seems like a good deal for a dual core 10" tablet. Anyone see any problems with this unit?I picked one up. Reviews on WalMart look very good. I saw another forum that rated this one of the best 10" tablets for the $. I'm sure its great for surfing, email and most YouTube videos. I bet its sluggish though on fast moving games. I'm only concern on the O.S. which seems to be some locked down version of Android 4.0 with no Play store. I'm going to do everything I can to get 4.2 on here. WORST case you can return to WalMart. To me a worth while gamble.

According to their site, returns on tablets are within 15 days. I would love for someone to say I am wrong and they have extended the return period for Christmas.

probably perfect as a beater unit for the kids

yaijic said:   Steevareeno said:   Seems like a good deal for a dual core 10" tablet. Anyone see any problems with this unit?I picked one up. Reviews on WalMart look very good. I saw another forum that rated this one of the best 10" tablets for the $. I'm sure its great for surfing, email and most YouTube videos. I bet its sluggish though on fast moving games. I'm only concern on the O.S. which seems to be some locked down version of Android 4.0 with no Play store. I'm going to do everything I can to get 4.2 on here. WORST case you can return to WalMart. To me a worth while gamble.

That's strange, I just saw a review on youtube here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtuNmmjcuLw that shows it with the Play Store and the reviews on WalMart.com say it has it as well, I wonder if there are multiple versions of it out there

I have one...actually posted a mini review on WalMart's website. I've had it almost two weeks and it's nice.

People posting reviews over there don't know the specs...it has 1GB RAM and 8GB onboard storage. All they have to do is go to the settings and it will be displayed. It has google play and has ICS 4.04 on it. I rooted it already, but there's not a lot of bloatware on it compared to android phones and such. It has a 10-point capacitive touch screen as well. In regards to the perfomrance, it's pretty fast and I haven't had any lagging. I'm not playing any intensive 3D games, but the games I have play perfect. It has the quad MALI400 since it's a Cortex A9 dual-core(ROCKCHIP 3066) processor. It picks up my home network without issue and it easily tethers off my droid charge using SVTP...with either connection, Netflix runs smoothly. I think all the android tv sticks are using this same processor now...I'm impressed now, but I hope it stands up to the use we'll put it through.

I should also mention that while there are 2 micro USB ports, one is strictly for the OTG cable to connect USB drives while the other is a conventional port to connect to your pc. Some people complained their usb was broke, but really didn't read the manual.

You can't really talk about the durability since it's only been out a few weeks/months but mine runs great.
I have another one on order...my kids have abandoned their 1ghz single core gingerbread tablet and took mine hostage.

**edit** I forgot to mention the battery life. I think the batteries on these chinese tablets will ba a YMMV situation. I let my tablet fully charge before using it and so far I'm getting 4.5-5 hours of continual use before plugging in the charger. If I'm not mistaken, I think it comes with a 5000mah battery.

Sites getting hammered, kept timing out, but got one, grn op. Anybody see anything about the warranty?

One year warranty I believe, but I paid $15 for the 2-year drop, spill,or crack replacement warranty. Should anything happen, I'll get a replacement or full credit towards an alternative tablet.

Company website with owners manual download link here:
L03fc03d0269ac7b5143bc59da623db23

From the specs page:
Technical Specifications:
* 10.1" Diagonal 1024X600 full color multi-touch screen
* Enjoy 1080p movie on big size panel slim pad
* Cortex A9 1.6GHZ Dual Core CPU
* Android 4.0 Operation System
* 1G DDR3 Memory
* 8G included storage, up to 32G via Micro SD card
* Dual Cameras front 0.3MP/ rear 2MP for Clear picture snap and DV function
* Wifi Connectivity for easy download and web access
* Built-in Bluetooth feature
* Download and enjoy popular Apps and games from Google Play
* Play most popular video, music, photo formats
* Download and read thousands of books from included E-book reader
* Landscape and portrait mode auto rotate
* 5000mAH rechargeable lithium-polymer battery

They also have the 7 inch version of this for $119 if you prefer the 7" form factor. Same specs, Same Resolution but it comes with "Jelly Bean" which might be a big deal for some. I ordered both of them and will report back on which I feel is better "IMHO" of course.

@dmarcum99 what did you use to root? I've been searching for a while and haven't found anything

Agreed on how to root info. It would be helpful.

Here's a link to how I rooted. Easier than rooting my droid chargs....

http://androidonpc.com/rockchip-rk3066-root-procedure/

This may not be the correct forum for the question but what would rooting achieve assuming it already has Google Play?

TheRatsWon said:   According to their site, returns on tablets are within 15 days. I would love for someone to say I am wrong and they have extended the return period for Christmas.
Show the love!

http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/203/session/L2F2...

Attention Holiday Shoppers!

If you buy an item between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24, 2012 that has a normal return policy of 15 or 30 days, we will extend the time you have to make a return by starting to count those days on Dec. 26, 2012.

That means you can buy a camera, laptop, DVD player or other item that normally has a 15 or 30-day returns window and know that the recipient will have until the dates listed below to make a return or exchange, depending on the item.

Items that have the usual 90-day return window must be still be returned within 90 days of purchase.
Items that must usually be returned in: 15 days

Including, but not limited to:

Computers and computer hardware
Camcorders and digital cameras
Video game hardware
GPS units
Digital music players
Tablets and e-readers
Portable video players

Can be returned through: January 10, 2013

I love you man

If anyone is interested in benchmarks...
My TD-1010 got a quadrant score of 4079....just a hairlash below the performance of the Asus Transformer Prime TF201.

Online is OOS now

Thanks OP! I ordered one for in store pick up. We'll see if it sticks.

MEACOPA33 i have been looking the last 3 days for these what WalMart did u find yours in , i am needing two for my gkids thanks ! ps i have for the last 3 days going to WalMart on line and they say sold out but seen u bought yours today ? wondering what WalMart u got yours through thanks !

The delivery was fast, ordered on Friday and recieved on Monday. Screen was sharp and beautiful but it freezed a lot, had to press and hold the power button to shutdown and restart. Checked the reviews and found that most of the bad reviews were about freezing, will return it to WalMart!

Sorry to hear you got a lemon, got mine yesterday and it's working great. Maybe they have an exchange unit available. For those who haven't received it yet or are using them as Christmas presents, Google Play is installed.

Played with it again last night, it suddenly shut off by itself in about 15 minutes, could not restart. Plugged in the charger, it would start up and reported 1% charge but it would not go beyond 5%, the back heat up so I shut it off and disconnected the charger. It was fully charged the night before and showed 99% before it shut off. Its a very good product, its ashame that the quality is so bad! Hope WalMart has them again and I can buy another one.

After getting a confirm email, I got the dreaded cancel email shortly thereafter. UGGHHHH!!!! Online said it was available for pick up in Woodbury NJ. But that is obviously not the case.

Back in stock in a local store in Pinellas, FL. All the local stores had been out of stock so do an inventory check again if you want one. So impressed with the one I had, I bought another as a gift. Sealed box so if it was a return it doesn't show it.

Can anyone compare the screen quality to the nook color? Wonder what the catch is, specs sound too good to be true...

Can't compare with a Nook as I don't have one however I am impressed with the off-axis viewing angle of the screen. As far as quality, pictures look as good as typical drug store prints. HDMI out passes video out with no issues. The native browser is great, wish the one on my Asus Transformer was as featured and intuitive. The ap is in Chinese characters and haven't been successful in exporting it. I had a minor issue with bluetooth which was cleared up with a responsive tech support tech that actually listened to my entire question and solved the issue.

One nice unexpected plus, The tablet has an 2 USB ports, one is an OTG USB which accepts my wireless keyboard, mouse, thumb drive and powered hard drive. Only thing I could wish for is a built in GPS receiver. Sorry for those that are having problems getting one but IMO if you can find one the tablet is a bargain.

loved the one I got for my son,,,internet is fast...only problem is the freezing on games....I was told to root it and play the games off of the sd card...any info on how to do that would be great

TheRatsWon said:   This may not be the correct forum for the question but what would rooting achieve assuming it already has Google Play?

some reasons to root:
Titanium Backup
Samba File Share
Stickmount
overclocking
Sixaxis Controller

How can I stop the freezing on it?...how do I overclock it?....thanks in advance

TheRatsWon said:   This may not be the correct forum for the question but what would rooting ieve assuming it already has Google Play?

TheRatsWon said:   This may not be the correct forum for the question but what would rooting ieve assuming it already has Google Play?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014