• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
yesidonoitall said:   aarzi said:   Will it work on a Nexus 10?

Is that a laptop, if so, yes.
Thanks for the encouragement. I tried. Didn't go through. Manager came over. Over-rode. Bought two. Soo happy!

tried using coupon online for $399.99 computer: got error that minimum purchase had not been met

ucsdgaspasser said:   tried using coupon online for $399.99 computer: got error that minimum purchase had not been met

I thought this was in store only?

The one I was emailed had a separate code for online use.

lopo said:   ucsdgaspasser said:   tried using coupon online for $399.99 computer: got error that minimum purchase had not been met

I thought this was in store only?

It is, but sometimes the error codes you get online indicate how the coupon will work in store. For example, I put in a computer priced at 499.99 and the coupon and got the error that the coupon must be used in store.

The $100 off coupon did not work on the HP g6-2235us because there is a $50 rebate on it even though you pay $399.99 at the store.
However it worked on the Lenovo-Ideapad-S405, which is on sale for $399.99 so the coupon is valid for $399.99 and over.

nmjc42 said:   The $100 off coupon did not work on the HP g6-2235us because there is a $50 rebate on it even though you pay $399.99 at the store.
However it worked on the Lenovo-Ideapad-S405, which is on sale for $399.99 so the coupon is valid for $399.99 and over.

But rebate should not be a factor with using coupons since it is the point of sale price that matters. I don't it having a rebate was the cause of the coupon not working though.

So the coupon in fact scan fine on the Lenovo one even though it is at $399.99? No override needed or is indicated on your receipt?

I just tried using the online version of the code on the Lenovo and it did not work stating minimum purchase not meet.

nmjc42 said:   The $100 off coupon did not work on the HP g6-2235us because there is a $50 rebate on it even though you pay $399.99 at the store.

So you got the Lenovo Idapad s405 for 300 ?

strange, as others have noted, a rebate should not factor in.....

In reference to the rebate being a factor....

Too many store workers make assumptions with out even trying the coupon...
(Or are they prompted by management to try and dishonor the offer if they can)

This is kinda like, years ago I used the Target add at WM for a PM, electronics dept employees as well as the dept manager said we do not match Target, they are 30 miles away.
A phone call to the store manager right there on the spot changed their mind....

I would take it that the dept manager wanted higher profit margins and the store manager wanted higher sales numbers.

RE:
the $399.99 threshold....

As the coupon reads it will not work......
But anything can be made to work.
Though Staples is known to put out offers that is subject to interpretation.

aarzi said:   yesidonoitall said:   aarzi said:   Will it work on a Nexus 10?

Is that a laptop, if so, yes.
Thanks for the encouragement. I tried. Didn't go through. Manager came over. Over-rode. Bought two. Soo happy!

Now that is a manger who knows which end is up.
A sale is a sale is a sale.

The manager and the checkout person both thought it should work on the HP however when they scanned the coupon it did not work.
They called up corporate and they said that the coupon was taking the price after the rebate in to consideration.
I tried to use your arguement that the price I am paying now ($399.99) should apply but they did not go for it.
So I finally I picked up the Lenovo S405 and thye coupon worked on it with any override.
Maybe I'll try another store for the HP and try to convince them.

Can I use my iPhone to bring this up or do I need to have a physical coupon in hand when visiting the store ?

Hi,
the coupon worked in-store for Lenovo Ideapad S405-59351953 14" Laptop. I got it for $299 +Tax(New York City). I told the cashier code 20703, he punched it and it worked. This coupon code is actually online code. For the price I am very happy.

PeterPatty said:   Hi,
the coupon worked in-store for Lenovo Ideapad S405-59351953 14" Laptop. I got it for $299 +Tax(New York City). I told the cashier code 20703, he punched it and it worked. This coupon code is actually online code. For the price I am very happy.

never mind...i didn't your entire post.

ach1199 said:   PeterPatty said:   Hi,

which laptop you bought?
Which post did you read? Or did you quote the wrong post?

HP $349.99 AR system was shot down today by system, BUT... for those of you also getting shot down, I spent some time on the phone with DM, who spoke with corporate, and the SKU is being added to system overnight, making this a BUY tomorrow if still in stock.

mathfaster said:   ach1199 said:   PeterPatty said:   Hi,

which laptop you bought?
Which post did you read? Or did you quote the wrong post?

I need new glasses.

Scored a Lenovo without any issues! Thanks for the heads up OP!

labboypro said:   HP $349.99 AR system was shot down today by system, BUT... for those of you also getting shot down, I spent some time on the phone with DM, who spoke with corporate, and the SKU is being added to system overnight, making this a BUY tomorrow if still in stock.

Is that SKU 985050? The weekly add calls it the item number but doesn't come up online.

Thanks.

got email from Staples today with same discounts but shows different codes.. i took both OP's coupons and mine and used them on same trip ... all worked...

labboypro said:   HP $349.99 AR system was shot down today by system, BUT... for those of you also getting shot down, I spent some time on the phone with DM, who spoke with corporate, and the SKU is being added to system overnight, making this a BUY tomorrow if still in stock.

I assume you mean it will work online and also in store since today instore it's not working unless they do an override. I hope they fix it so that online code 20703 can be applied to the $399.99 laptops as well since it is working instore with the instore code.

DaRealPencil said:   got email from Staples today with same discounts but shows different codes.. i took both OP's coupons and mine and used them on same trip ... all worked...

I was just about to say the same thing! I used one 20% on the free after rebate McAfee software and the other on the 3 computer version making both money makers and using up one of my bigger reward checks!

wwinters said:   DaRealPencil said:   got email from Staples today with same discounts but shows different codes.. i took both OP's coupons and mine and used them on same trip ... all worked...

I was just about to say the same thing! I used one 20% on the free after rebate McAfee software and the other on the 3 computer version making both money makers and using up one of my bigger reward checks!

Do the stores carry the McAfee 1 user and 3user software since it shows online only? I did a inventory check for local stores and it shows "not sold at this location" for all my stores. I assume you are talking about SKU# 957355 and 957357.

My store had both. The 3 user is $9 after $62 easy rebate but with the $15 off (20%) it's a small money maker. Both were advertised in the store, I didn't notice anything saying online only.

mrtrance said:   labboypro said:   HP $349.99 AR system was shot down today by system, BUT... for those of you also getting shot down, I spent some time on the phone with DM, who spoke with corporate, and the SKU is being added to system overnight, making this a BUY tomorrow if still in stock.

I assume you mean it will work online and also in store since today instore it's not working unless they do an override. I hope they fix it so that online code 20703 can be applied to the $399.99 laptops as well since it is working instore with the instore code.

An override means the store manager has to eat the $100 discount. It won't be reimbursed by corporate. Most savvy store managers (who are going to be called over to do the override) aren't willing to take the hit. So you'll get shot down. However, based on my discussion with DM, and his discussion with corporate, the wording on the coupon was not intended to shut us out by a penny (ie, it should have not been a "more than" kind of wording), they are fixing this in the system now, which means it should work tomorrow for $399.99 products. I don't work for Staples, and I didn't get any kind of notarized written oath from anyone... just discussions with my local SM, his DM, and then follow-up with DM after he spoke with corporate office. I'll know tomorrow since they stashed one of the $349.99 AR HP's for me, and will call me tomorrow morning to confirm coupon is working.

labboypro said:   mrtrance said:   labboypro said:   HP $349.99 AR system was shot down today by system, BUT... for those of you also getting shot down, I spent some time on the phone with DM, who spoke with corporate, and the SKU is being added to system overnight, making this a BUY tomorrow if still in stock.

An override means the store manager has to eat the $100 discount. It won't be reimbursed by corporate. Most savvy store managers (who are going to be called over to do the override) aren't willing to take the hit. So you'll get shot down. However, based on my discussion with DM, and his discussion with corporate, the wording on the coupon was not intended to shut us out by a penny (ie, it should have not been a "more than" kind of wording), they are fixing this in the system now, which means it should work tomorrow for $399.99 products. I don't work for Staples, and I didn't get any kind of notarized written oath from anyone... just discussions with my local SM, his DM, and then follow-up with DM after he spoke with corporate office. I'll know tomorrow since they stashed one of the $349.99 AR HP's for me, and will call me tomorrow morning to confirm coupon is working.

Thanks for that info. Hopefully the online code gets fixed as well so that we can use them on $399.99 products.

Used the 20% off on an already sale price of $199 for a Nikon Coolpix L810...took $40 off..these cameras
are solid $199 online everywhere.

tajar96 said:   Can I use my iPhone to bring this up or do I need to have a physical coupon in hand when visiting the store ?

Maybe, but how hard is it to just print one?

I picked up the HP P6-2378 which is a $399 computer. Coupon worked like a charm.

who all will price match 100 off coupon?

Office Depot/Office Max/ best buy/ frys?

wwinters said:   My store had both. The 3 user is $9 after $62 easy rebate but with the $15 off (20%) it's a small money maker. Both were advertised in the store, I didn't notice anything saying online only.Are you sure 3 user is SER instead of mail-in? SKUs 959597,957357 & 982948 show mail-in rebate.

Dano

Disclaimer
Coupon just mailed, says $399
and $399.99

yesidonoitall said:   Coupon just mailed, says $399
and $399.99

Did they actually change anything? I think it says the same thing as before when it had the $399 on top and in the fine print it still says over $399.99.

DeGlass said:   Same 20%-off coupon; different coupon code:
http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/hBQwvOEB7SHGCB8vn78NsmYZpiR/...

Mine is still the same code as the one I got last night. Online code is still not working on products with $399.99. I'm hoping that changes soon and that will be fixed in the next few hours.

This is the one I am going for - http://m.staples.com/Toshiba-S855-S5378-156-Laptop/product_98463...

Is friend wants the sane so I will be picking up 2. Love this deal.

Anyone buy the g6-2235 instore today and did the coupon scan or still needs override?

DanoMcGarret said:   wwinters said:   My store had both. The 3 user is $9 after $62 easy rebate but with the $15 off (20%) it's a small money maker. Both were advertised in the store, I didn't notice anything saying online only.Are you sure 3 user is SER instead of mail-in? SKUs 959597,957357 & 982948 show mail-in rebate.

Dano
Right.. McAfee is always mail-in.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014