• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
I just got Best Buy to honor the $100 coupon this morning.

Kev

Yes, the coupon now works for the g6-2235. Just got back from Staples orland park, IL store. The newspaper coupon didn't work but she noted getting an email from corporate this morning. 2 minutes later she enters the new code and it's $299 plus the $50 rebate. She said "you know this is a single core computer" but the box clearly notes dual core a-6-4400M. 250 dollars - just unbelievable. Thanks FW for the heads-up!

dougchicago said:   Yes, the coupon now works for the g6-2235. Just got back from Staples orland park, IL store. The newspaper coupon didn't work but she noted getting an email from corporate this morning. 2 minutes later she enters the new code and it's $299 plus the $50 rebate. She said "you know this is a single core computer" but the box clearly notes dual core a-6-4400M. 250 dollars - just unbelievable. Thanks FW for the heads-up!

What is the code on your receipt?

the receipt shows the model HP g6-2235US and the sku 887111468826 next line is salesperson number then it notes instant savings of -123.00 and then "100% price guarantee -100.00 with the 299 subtotal under that. No code. I don't know if that means its a price override?

dougchicago said:   the receipt shows the model HP g6-2235US and the sku 887111468826 next line is salesperson number then it notes instant savings of -123.00 and then "100% price guarantee -100.00 with the 299 subtotal under that. No code. I don't know if that means its a price override?100% price guarantee means they did an override and the code did not scan.

mrtrance said:   yesidonoitall said:   Coupon just mailed, says $399
and $399.99

Did they actually change anything? I think it says the same thing as before when it had the $399 on top and in the fine print it still says over $399.99.

The coupon in our local paper had $399.99 in both places.
So it gives good argument with the store that $399.00 is the minimum

Picked up the HP lappy for $299+tax. The coupon didn't scan so the associate had to manually apply it. Thanks Mr. C !

ach1199 said:   Picked up the HP lappy for $299+tax. The coupon didn't scan so the associate had to manually apply it. Thanks Mr. C !
Same here, manual override

Anyone seen this problem when submitting rebate? This is wrt the HP G6...

We haven't received your transaction data from the store yet. Please come back in a few hours. Remember, we'll need the serial number from your product at that time.

it's got a strange offer number format, not the usual 12-nnnnn. I bought the lappy this morning, but as of 2:00 PST, it's still throwing the same message when I try to submit rebate.

labboypro said:   Anyone seen this problem when submitting rebate? This is wrt the HP G6...

We haven't received your transaction data from the store yet. Please come back in a few hours. Remember, we'll need the serial number from your product at that time.

it's got a strange offer number format, not the usual 12-nnnnn. I bought the lappy this morning, but as of 2:00 PST, it's still throwing the same message when I try to submit rebate.

RE:

I have had it take 3 or 4 days once in A WHILE, NO BIG DEAL.

CRKev said: I just got Best Buy to honor the $100 coupon this morning. Kev

How did you do that? Are they willing to do it?

yesidonoitall said:   I have had it take 3 or 4 days once in A WHILE, NO BIG DEAL.

In the 1137 SER's I've done (according to my tracking spreadsheet), I have NEVER seen such a message, nor have I ever seen an offer number than wasn't in the format yy-nnnnn.

Having said that, I tried again, and this time got--

We are currently experiencing technical difficulty. Please wait while we redirect you or click here to go the appropriate page.

And then just now, I got a successful submission (using the strange offer number). So, if anyone else was having trouble, it appears that they've fixed whatever was the problem.

labboypro said:   In the 1137 SER's I've done (according to my tracking spreadsheet), I have NEVER seen such a message, nor have I ever seen an offer number than wasn't in the format yy-nnnnn.

I have seen that message before, for a rebate that also required a serial number. This rebate is processed by Young America, not Parago, so it's not yy-nnnnn.

labboypro said:   yesidonoitall said:   I have had it take 3 or 4 days once in A WHILE, NO BIG DEAL.

In the 1137 SER's I've done (according to my tracking spreadsheet), I have NEVER seen such a message, nor have I ever seen an offer number than wasn't in the format yy-nnnnn.

Having said that, I tried again, and this time got--

We are currently experiencing technical difficulty. Please wait while we redirect you or click here to go the appropriate page.

And then just now, I got a successful submission (using the strange offer number). So, if anyone else was having trouble, it appears that they've fixed whatever was the problem.

The HP's I bought today all had the rebate number of 3289960
seems like the norm to me.

Well, in my unknown numbers of Staples rebates done, I can say that when they included printers FRE with a laptop I ended up with 700 hundred or so of them, (ink was sold on eBay,
some printers minus the ink were) otherwise they were junked, it could easily be over 1,000 rebates
and my PP Cash Back bonus is no over $21,000.00

yesidonoitall said:   and my PP Cash Back bonus is no over $21,000.00

Congratulations, however irrelevant that may be to the discussion.

Got the B145 keurig coffee maker. I used $25 gift cards from shop discover

Ther is also a 25 gift card rebate on the coffee maker

So 125 -25 = 100
Plus 25 gift card by mail.

labboypro said:   yesidonoitall said:   and my PP Cash Back bonus is no over $21,000.00

Congratulations, however irrelevant that may be to the discussion.

Yes, irrelevant
as the number of ser's someone posted that I answered to.

wanted an everyday 14inch computer with a low profile:

got the 14inch Lenovo for $299 + tax out the door
http://www.staples.com/Lenovo-Ideapad-S405-59351953-14-inch-Lapt...

thanks FW.

Picked up the HP laptop. I use to know a lot about computers, but I have not been keeping up with the latest technology...I also picked up the $260 laptop from Target...which is a better laptop (not needed for gaming). Thanks for your help.

yesidonoitall said:   
Well, in my unknown numbers of Staples rebates done, I can say that when they included printers FRE with a laptop I ended up with 700 hundred or so of them, (ink was sold on eBay,
some printers minus the ink were) otherwise they were junked, it could easily be over 1,000 rebates

Your yearly Staples purchase total is more impressive. Did you break $200,000 this year?

lowpricewanted said:   yesidonoitall said:   

Your yearly Staples purchase total is more impressive. Did you break $200,000 this year?[/Q

No, not hardly

dougchicago said:   Yes, the coupon now works for the g6-2235. Just got back from Staples orland park, IL store. The newspaper coupon didn't work but she noted getting an email from corporate this morning. 2 minutes later she enters the new code and it's $299 plus the $50 rebate. She said "you know this is a single core computer" but the box clearly notes dual core a-6-4400M. 250 dollars - just unbelievable. Thanks FW for the heads-up!

I was just in the store and they were willing to give me the same offer. Pretty nice laptop for $250 but the CPU benchmark for this is 1610. For $100 more I decided to get the g7-2240us with the Core i3-2370M which has a benchmark of 2901 plus a 17" with a higher resolution. For my situation I think it's worth the extra money.

yesidonoitall said:   Yes, irrelevant
as the number of ser's someone posted that I answered to.

I sure wish 'ignore user' worked in Classic view.

Picked up the g7-2243 (449.99), coupon applied without any issues, 350 with a $50 easy rebate to bring it down to 300. Fantastic price for this machine. Running Skyrim/New Vegas at high settings smoothly, and League of Legends all settings maxed at a flat 60 fps.

Currently have it in bits to swap in one of the 128gb OCZ SSDs I snagged from Newegg on black friday, and have a 16gb (8x2) on the way from the egg. All told I will spend around $400 after the upgrades (and before tax) to get one hell of a fast machine. On that note, why do they keep running 4 & 2 memory configs? I mean, if you are going to occupy both slots, at least make it dual channel. Maybe they got a hell of deal on 2gb sticks...

For my money, this is a great machine - Hell, we were giving green to this same machine (albeit Toshiba, but identical specs) at 479 just 2 months ago.

ucsdgaspasser said:   wanted an everyday 14inch .....

That's what she said.

Couldn't resist.

Got a $799.99 Toshiba laptop yesterday for around $500. go FW!

799.99 - $120 (Sale) - $100 (Coupon) - $50 Staples Gift Cards (attained through various means) - 26.50 (Ink Cash) = $503.49

Purchased another one for a friend and got 26.50 cb there too.

Great deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014