• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Choose Amazon under "More Buying Choices" on right -- 1,172.99 - $117.30 (10%) promotion applied at checkout. List price is $2,699.99. Price had been around $2,000, and I set a price alert at $1,900. Was very surprised to see it go this low.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-ARIUS-YDP-V240-Digital-Piano/dp/B00...

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Yamaha ARIUS YDP-V240 Digital Piano With Bench
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for one. Thanks.

Great find OP. I came across it on DealNews and was about to post an alert. Alas, a search shows that you beat me by a whole bunch, but . . . I have a small morsel to add.

I know that when you're dealing with grands of dollars, $5 isn't much, but . . . being FatWalleteers, $5 is $5, right? = ) The only hang-up is you have to jump through a hoop to snag this $5.

If you click on this Amazon Linko and answer a simple question, The Amazon will give you an additional $5 credit. Just think of all the things you could do with those 500 cents. Wow!

Enjoy!

why this isn't front page. This kind of deal is very hard to come by let alone the tax saving from Amazon

sychang888 said:   why this isn't front page. This kind of deal is very hard to come by let alone the tax saving from Amazon

Well probably because 1) it's not in-stock....2) Not everyone doesn't pay tax (upfront) on Amazon.

Unfortunately Amazon (as of late)..has seem to increase how many of these backorders that they cancel being "unable to fill."

SOB! I can't get over how many deals I actually "need" that I never see, and I browse this forum 2-3x a day.

Price is up to $1999. Was really wanting to get this so our 4 year old daughter can start piano lessons. Thanks anyhow, OP!

12/28 Post: Was wondering if anyone who placed an order, has had one of these puppies squeezed into their mailbox yet? 30 days since this went on sale is coming up and I think they're supposed to give us an update on it's status at that time. Sure hope it's not one of those cancellation notices.

A very schweeeeeet deal if we can land it.

12/29 Update: Guess Mr. Amazon heard me. Received an e-mail . . . "Yamaha ARIUS YDP-V240 Digital Piano With Bench Estimated arrival date: February 14, 2013 - March 26, 2013" It's going to be a real shame if, after all this suspense, this falls flat on it's face. Time will tell.

I haven't heard anything either. Really hoping that they don't cancel these. Is there a set time that Amazon waits before they cancel (e.g., one month)? Luckily, this was not a Christmas gift.

jrjorgensen said:    Is there a set time that Amazon waits before they cancel (e.g., one month)? Luckily, this was not a Christmas gift.

Now until the next ice age.

Quite funny as I just got an update to this...for sometime in Jan-Feb.

Interesting...I just logged in to check my order, and it doesn't appear to be in my order history, though I completed the transaction and have the email confirmation.

thinkingman said:   Interesting...I just logged in to check my order, and it doesn't appear to be in my order history, though I completed the transaction and have the email confirmation.

Well... unfortunately..and that's where I don't like Amazon, as they can be sneaky like that.

It is rare..but they do sometimes cancel orders without a trace.

respdoc said:   thinkingman said:   Interesting...I just logged in to check my order, and it doesn't appear to be in my order history, though I completed the transaction and have the email confirmation.

Well... unfortunately..and that's where I don't like Amazon, as they can be sneaky like that.

It is rare..but they do sometimes cancel orders without a trace.

Wow...I've never seen or heard of this before. So rather than sending a cancellation, it's just deleted from my history like it never happened, even though they sent me an order confirmation?

That's sketchy, to say the least!

thinkingman said:   

Wow...I've never seen or heard of this before. So rather than sending a cancellation, it's just deleted from my history like it never happened, even though they sent me an order confirmation?

Yep...it's happened to others....and I didn't believe it until it happened to me.

respdoc said:   thinkingman said:   

Yep...it's happened to others....and I didn't believe it until it happened to me.

Interesting...I had always been impressed with Amazon, but I guess with size and market share comes moral hazard. I emailed them--with the order number--to ask for an explanation. I wonder if my email will also disappear from their servers!

The reply I received from Amazon:

Hello,

I understand your concern about the status of shipment on order #XX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX. Let me take a look at this further and I hope I can help.

I checked the order and see that it was been cancelled last December 13, 2012 due to it's availability.

I'm very sorry for any misunderstanding with the cancellation of your order. I understand and regret the inconvenience this has caused.

I've checked your account verified that your order has been canceled and you have not been charged. Please be reminded that since the order has been canceled, it will no longer appear in Your Account.

In general, when you place an order, we contacted your bank and requested an authorization for the amount of the purchase to verify your card is valid, but we don't actually charge you until the order ships.

An authorization is not an actual charge to your credit card or bank account rather, it reserves the funds until the transaction is either processed or canceled.

Some banks may hold funds in your account for these authorizations for 7-10 business days even if the order is canceled. This may be why the funds appear as unavailable on your account.

If you have some inquiry about this authorization, please get in touch with your bank for assistance since that they are in the best position to give you a detailed explanation regarding your credit card. They can also tell you why funds on your account may be unavailable and clarify their policy on how long they hold payment authorizations for online orders.

However, since you still want the Yamaha ARIUS YDP-V240 Digital Piano With Bench, please place a new order once it becomes available on our website. To compensate for the inconvenience, I'd like to give you the option to choose One-Day Shipping as your shipping speed and write us back with the new order number, we'll then refund or waive the shipping charges for the order.

Please make sure though that the item is either “Sold or Shipped by Amazon.com" or labeled as "Fulfilled by Amazon.com" as we’re unable to refund merchant orders.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

XXXX

I've provided the current listing for this item below for your convenience:

www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003AOULM0/

Again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and express our gratitude for the patience you've displayed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
XXXX

If no, please click here:
XXXX

Best Regards,

Cristy A.

Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Yes, contacting them is futile. Amazon...like many things...are not always as "clean-cut" as they first seem.

Interesting side note though...and I know that they get quite a shipping discount but one-day shipping would cost around $870

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014