Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Yamaha ARIUS YDP-V240 Digital Piano With Bench, $1,055.69 FS, Amazon,

Last page
2 of 2
respdoc
12/28/12 5:31 PM
Quite funny as I just got an update to this...for sometime in Jan-Feb.
thinkingman
12/28/12 6:09 PM
Interesting...I just logged in to check my order, and it doesn't appear to be in my order history, though I completed the transaction and have the email confirmation.
respdoc
12/28/12 6:14 PM
thinkingman said:   

Interesting...I just logged in to check my order, and it doesn't appear to be in my order history, though I completed the transaction and have the email confirmation.

Well... unfortunately..and that's where I don't like Amazon, as they can be sneaky like that.

It is rare..but they do sometimes cancel orders without a trace.
thinkingman
12/28/12 6:18 PM
respdoc said:   

thinkingman said:   

Well... unfortunately..and that's where I don't like Amazon, as they can be sneaky like that.

It is rare..but they do sometimes cancel orders without a trace.

Wow...I've never seen or heard of this before. So rather than sending a cancellation, it's just deleted from my history like it never happened, even though they sent me an order confirmation?

That's sketchy, to say the least!
respdoc
12/28/12 6:26 PM
thinkingman said:   

Wow...I've never seen or heard of this before. So rather than sending a cancellation, it's just deleted from my history like it never happened, even though they sent me an order confirmation?

Yep...it's happened to others....and I didn't believe it until it happened to me.
thinkingman
12/28/12 6:36 PM
respdoc said:   

thinkingman said:   

Yep...it's happened to others....and I didn't believe it until it happened to me.

Interesting...I had always been impressed with Amazon, but I guess with size and market share comes moral hazard. I emailed them--with the order number--to ask for an explanation. I wonder if my email will also disappear from their servers!
thinkingman
12/28/12 8:16 PM
The reply I received from Amazon:

Hello,

I understand your concern about the status of shipment on order #XX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX. Let me take a look at this further and I hope I can help.

I checked the order and see that it was been cancelled last December 13, 2012 due to it's availability.

I'm very sorry for any misunderstanding with the cancellation of your order. I understand and regret the inconvenience this has caused.

I've checked your account verified that your order has been canceled and you have not been charged. Please be reminded that since the order has been canceled, it will no longer appear in Your Account.

In general, when you place an order, we contacted your bank and requested an authorization for the amount of the purchase to verify your card is valid, but we don't actually charge you until the order ships.

An authorization is not an actual charge to your credit card or bank account rather, it reserves the funds until the transaction is either processed or canceled.

Some banks may hold funds in your account for these authorizations for 7-10 business days even if the order is canceled. This may be why the funds appear as unavailable on your account.

If you have some inquiry about this authorization, please get in touch with your bank for assistance since that they are in the best position to give you a detailed explanation regarding your credit card. They can also tell you why funds on your account may be unavailable and clarify their policy on how long they hold payment authorizations for online orders.

However, since you still want the Yamaha ARIUS YDP-V240 Digital Piano With Bench, please place a new order once it becomes available on our website. To compensate for the inconvenience, I'd like to give you the option to choose One-Day Shipping as your shipping speed and write us back with the new order number, we'll then refund or waive the shipping charges for the order.

Please make sure though that the item is either “Sold or Shipped by Amazon.com" or labeled as "Fulfilled by Amazon.com" as we’re unable to refund merchant orders.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

XXXX

I've provided the current listing for this item below for your convenience:

www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003AOULM0/

Again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and express our gratitude for the patience you've displayed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
XXXX

If no, please click here:
XXXX

Best Regards,

Cristy A.

Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
http://www.amazon.com/your-account
respdoc
12/28/12 9:23 PM
Yes, contacting them is futile. Amazon...like many things...are not always as "clean-cut" as they first seem.

Interesting side note though...and I know that they get quite a shipping discount but one-day shipping would cost around $870
Last page
2 of 2
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.