• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
my store does not have signs up.

what are the FAR software this week?

My store applied the $5 coupon to the purchase of a Kindle Paperwhite. I didn't even try because the terms say no, but the cashier told me about the coupon, ripped it out of a flyer and scanned it with no problem. The Kindle was the only thing in the transaction. YMMV.

comprx said:   My store applied the $5 coupon to the purchase of a Kindle Paperwhite. I didn't even try because the terms say no, but the cashier told me about the coupon, ripped it out of a flyer and scanned it with no problem. The Kindle was the only thing in the transaction. YMMV.That cashier must have given notice or was given notice. As usual, the coupon says one thing but the register does not enforce it.

I used the 20% off breakroom, and used the $5 off $25 in the same transaction, and then used my $20 ink rewards as well. Just like I always do. It took the 20% off my most expensive breakroom item, Tide Pods, and then the $5 off the balance, prorated off each item, and the rewards also prorated off each item, $34 went down to $4.75 totalo.

Can someone tell me what the Rebate Offer Number for the Durtacell batteries dated Dec 09??
I can not locate my rebate form.

Thanks in advance.

Jes1 said:   Can someone tell me what the Rebate Offer Number for the Duracell batteries dated Dec 09??
I can not locate my rebate form.

Thanks in advance.
00-00000. These are rewards. NOT rebates. As long as you gave them your rewards number, you are good.

Great! I have not purchased anything in some time through Staples. I was a bit confused.

I purchased $56 HP Ink online on 12/14, delivered 12/17, Recycled cart instore on 12/20.

My 12/14 online purchase does not show under purchase history. But my 12/20 recycle shows $40.

My Nov ink purchase & recycle shows $80. But my Dec ink purchase is not showing up.

Anyone having similar issue?

zmaster said:   I purchased $56 HP Ink online on 12/14, delivered 12/17, Recycled cart instore on 12/20.

My 12/14 online purchase does not show under purchase history. But my 12/20 recycle shows $40.

My Nov ink purchase & recycle shows $80. But my Dec ink purchase is not showing up.

Anyone having similar issue?
Contact the Rewards people. You obviously did not get the double double promo rewards. Been reports of missing transactions if not on this forum then the other forum.

I contacted Rewards center. I was given a courtesy $40 rewards after fighting.

This is what I was told by the CSR: "I apologize since the cartridges were returned after the promotion ended they did not qualify to earn additional Rewards."

She told me the recycled cart has to be within the promo period. Is that true? Since my recycle was outside the date, I did not qualify. Promo ended 12/15, I recycled 12/20. If this is true I have to pay more attention next time.

zmaster said:   I contacted Rewards center. I was given a courtesy $40 rewards after fighting.

This is what I was told by the CSR: "I apologize since the cartridges were returned after the promotion ended they did not qualify to earn additional Rewards."

She told me the recycled cart has to be within the promo period. Is that true? Since my recycle was outside the date, I did not qualify. Promo ended 12/15, I recycled 12/20. If this is true I have to pay more attention next time.

Once a promo ends, ANY promo, you do not qualify. Doesn't take a GENIUS to figure that out.

Why do you even ask if this is true? You don't belong here on Fatwallet.

An idiot is born every minute!

RHSux3 said:   zmaster said:   I contacted Rewards center. I was given a courtesy $40 rewards after fighting.

Once a promo ends, ANY promo, you do not qualify. Doesn't take a GENIUS to figure that out.

Contrary to your opinion, the terms of an online purchase say that if you buy online you have seven days to recycle your carts. It does not say that the recycling of carts has to be within the promotion period. Only if you buy in the store do you have to recycle on the same day of purchase. The ink purchase was done within the terms of the offer. Hence, they met the terms of the offer. Buying online and recycling in-store has had issues from day one even when both purchase and recycling are within the offer period. What caused the issue is that the item was purchased on 12/14, it did not ship until 12/17. They use ship date as the purchase date. Their software sucks.

RHSux3 said:   zmaster said:   I contacted Rewards center. I was given a courtesy $40 rewards after fighting.

Seems it does take a GENIUS to figure out, as you clearly don't know what you're talking about and surely no one could possibly call you stupid... If you're going to insult someone at least TRY and find out what you're talking about first. It's one thing if he had tried to purchase the ink after the promo ended, but he didn't. The promo has regularly said you have 7 days after online purchase in which to recycle in-store, contradicting the claim that it has to be recycled during the promotion. Say you purchase on Sunday, the first day of a week long offer, seven days later is the following Sunday, outside of the single week promotion (not all of these promotions are multi-week, but they have the same rules.)

mathfaster said:   What caused the issue is that the item was purchased on 12/14, it did not ship until 12/17.

shipped on 12/14 and delivered on 12/17

c3 said:   mathfaster said:   What caused the issue is that the item was purchased on 12/14, it did not ship until 12/17.

Might want to double check that. Staples items usually (for me) delivered next day from local distribution. I've had a similar issue, but my problem was I recycled TOO soon. Ordered online before noon and recycled in-store the evening of the same day, but I didn't get credit for the bonus rewards because the item didn't ship till the next day.

c3 said:   mathfaster said:   What caused the issue is that the item was purchased on 12/14, it did not ship until 12/17.

I have always been unclear on Friday purchases what the "ship" date is in the system. I know they use ship date for the online purchases as the qualifying date. Also, do not know when the poster bought the ink on Friday. The old rule to go by was to buy online very early in the day M-F and then recycle in-store the same day. Sat-Sun you needed to wait until after it got delivered.

mathfaster said:   Contrary to your opinion, the terms of an online purchase say that if you buy online you have seven days to recycle your carts. It does not say that the recycling of carts has to be within the promotion period. Only if you buy in the store do you have to recycle on the same day of purchase. The ink purchase was done within the terms of the offer. Hence, they met the terms of the offer. Buying online and recycling in-store has had issues from day one even when both purchase and recycling are within the offer period. What caused the issue is that the item was purchased on 12/14, it did not ship until 12/17. They use ship date as the purchase date. Their software sucks.
Math, you have always been good trying to figure things out. Unlike others down right mean. I purchased on 12/14 morning. My invoice & online order shows 12/14 shipped. Thus I am good with my purchase date. What got me is my recycle was 12/20 (pass 12/15 promo). I didn't think it would be an issue, but looks like it does. Everyone can learn from our experience, but not by insulting.

zmaster said:   mathfaster said:   Contrary to your opinion, the terms of an online purchase say that if you buy online you have seven days to recycle your carts. It does not say that the recycling of carts has to be within the promotion period. Only if you buy in the store do you have to recycle on the same day of purchase. The ink purchase was done within the terms of the offer. Hence, they met the terms of the offer. Buying online and recycling in-store has had issues from day one even when both purchase and recycling are within the offer period. What caused the issue is that the item was purchased on 12/14, it did not ship until 12/17. They use ship date as the purchase date. Their software sucks.
Math, you have always been good trying to figure things out. Unlike others down right mean. I purchased on 12/14 morning. My invoice & online order shows 12/14 shipped. Thus I am good with my purchase date. What got me is my recycle was 12/20 (pass 12/15 promo). I didn't think it would be an issue, but looks like it does. Everyone can learn from our experience, but not by insulting.
Their software for this situation as I stated has been problematical for as long as I have paid attention to the issue. Many, many people have found themselves in this situation before and had to contact Rewards to get the promotion. Rewards people should know better. The most common situation is when you order late online on a Saturday. You have NO CHOICE but to recycle after the promo ends. You still qualify as you made the purchase in the allowed time frame.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.