• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Starts 12/9

Free $50 Gift Card when you buy any iPad*

$499.99 iPad w/ Retina Display
Just as stunning. Twice as fast.

Other Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi+Cellular models available.
iPad 2 starting at 399.99

Gift card offer not valid on iPad mini

*Quantities limited, no rainchecks. Terms and conditions apply to gift cards.

Link to products

Apple Store
See Apple Store coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

iPad
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
got the bride an "ipad with retina display" DONT CALL IT A FOUR!!!!!
599 5% off with redcard. and a 50 GC. sweet... (more)

carsonsig (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 1:33p) |

is this deal alive?

CuBua (Dec. 22, 2012 @ 3:50p) |

Not alive anymore. Dead as of 12/18..? I believe.

Best you can do now is use or apply for the target red card and get 5%... (more)

whoapower (Dec. 22, 2012 @ 6:17p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I was going to try this, however your post is a sure deal (plus, better by $10!)

Do you know if this deal is valid only in store?

Discover offers 5% cash ba˘k on online Target purchases.

Thanks OP!!

Does this offer apply online or in-store only?

tsheehan7 said:   Does this offer apply online or in-store only?

It has been online also in the past. Of course the iPad has to be in stock online.

I believe they send the GC separate, maybe someone who previously purchased can comment. This is the third iPad w/ GC offer in the past five weeks.

4th generation or 3rd generation? 4th generation of Ipad 3 has 2x faster processor. 3rd generation is now generally on sale everywhere because they just introduced 4th generation.
Ipad 3 3rd generation is for $399 in Microcenter.
If this is 3rd generation then it is not a good deal at all. You are buying critically outdated processor with half a processing power of the newest Ipad.

georgio9 said:   4th generation or 3rd generation? 4th generation of Ipad 3 has 2x faster processor. 3rd generation is now generally on sale everywhere because they just introduced 4th generation.
Ipad 3 3rd generation is for $399 in Microcenter.
If this is 3rd generation then it is not a good dea at all.

Reading is fundamental .

The question is whether they are selling the newest Ipad 3 4th generation. I suspect not. I suspect they are just clearing out the old Ipad 3. Keep in mind that you are buying outdated processor if this is the case. Much slower than the newest one.

georgio9 said:   The question is whether they are selling the newest Ipad 3 4th generation. I suspect not. I suspect they are just clearing out the old Ipad 3. Keep in mind that you are buying outdated processor if this is the case. Much slower than the newest one.
Really? You can't read or follow the link?

OK I'll spell it out for you. T-w-i-c-e a-s f-a-s-t...

Assuming one can find it in store, this deal is for the newest iPad. As it has been the last two offers, including on Nov. 2 the day it was released. Geesh.

I think you are the one that doesn't.
Twice as fast compared to what? Ipad 2?
There is Ipad 2 (completely outdated), then Ipad 3 with slower processor, and Ipad 3 with faster processor. All I am asking is which Ipad 3 they have. You can tell if you know.

georgio9 said:   I think you are the one that doesn't.
There is Ipad 2 (completely outdated), then Ipad 3 with slower processor, and Ipad 3 with faster processor. All I am asking is which Ipad 3 they have. You can tell if you know.

Wow.

The current iPad (released Nov.2) is called "iPad with Retina display".

I'm finished. Best of luck.

You don't understand much. Every Ipad 3 has "retina" display.

I checked myself. The model number MD513LL/A indicates it is Ipad 3 4th generation. Presumably. Make sure you get that one and not the old model.
The new model should have A6X processor and the older model has A5X. They both have "retina" display but the A6X is much faster for all the apps.
Be careful what you are buying since Target does not specifies which one.
Microcenter does. The new processor was introduced at the end of October. Everything shipped before that was with old one. I bet Target has quite a few left.

georgio9 said:   You don't understand much. Every Ipad 3 has "retina" display.
I'll refrain as I enjoy my time here on FW.

OK here goes, s-l-o-w-l-y.

On Nov. 2 Apple released the newest iPad. It is called "iPad with Retina display".

http://www.apple.com/ipad/overview/

It is not called the iPad4 or iPad 4th Generation, although that is what many call it. And it certainly is not called the iPad3 4th generation. It's official name is "iPad with Retina display".

And yes I understand that the previous iPad (iPad3 released March 2012) has the Retina display. Irrelevant.

Bringing it all back full circle and repeating for at least the third time, this offer is for the current iPad. The iPad with Retina display. The iPad released Nov. 2. OK?

When is the next iPad version due to be released? I thought it was always right after the holidays because I remember so many people had buyer's remorse after christmas the past few years. Is the next new one right around the corner (launch near CES 2013)?

BMWBig6 said:   When is the next iPad version due to be released? I thought it was always right after the holidays because I remember so many people had buyer's remorse after christmas the past few years. Is the next new one right around the corner (launch near CES 2013)?

Apple just released the iPad Mini so there is no new iPad set to be released anytime soon. The "next" release will be the iPad Mini with Retina Display next summer. LG is already producing the panel for that one. Plus Apple has never relased amy of their products in January letalone in sync with CES.

Anyone know if Bestbuy will price match Target's deal?

You can be sure you a buying the newest model by looking on the back and seeing it includes the "LIGHTNING CONNECTOR"

bru20 said:   It has been online also in the past.......maybe someone who previously purchased can comment. This is the third iPad w/ GC offer in the past five weeks.

I would like to purchase an ipad as a gift.

For those who have purchased an ipad from Target online in the past - does the package arrive in a plain box or are you able to tell from the packaging what is inside?

I would like to purchase online, however I don't want to ruin the surprise.

TIA!

Well I was thinking about purchasing a white 32 GB ipad 4, well after adding to cart:
"order summary (2 items) .item subtotal: $649.99 .discounts -$50.00 .
$50 gift card with iPad purchase .your price $599.99 ."

This doesn't seem too great of a deal if the price is going to be $50 higher than the price the Apple Store sells it to begin with. Apple sells it at $599 to begin with for the 32 GB version. Guess you can get Cash Back with Target which can sweeten it. Getting discounts on new Apple products isn't easy.

ibaldana said:   Well I was thinking about purchasing a white 32 GB ipad 4, well after adding to cart:

This doesn't seem too great of a deal if the price is going to be $50 higher than the price the Apple Store sells it to begin with. Apple sells it at $599 to begin with for the 32 GB version. Guess you can get Cash Back with Target which can sweeten it. Getting discounts on new Apple products isn't easy.

Same here. They raised the price $50 and then added a $50 gift card. Deceptive.

ibaldana said:   Well I was thinking about purchasing a white 32 GB ipad 4, well after adding to cart:

Wouldn't that be right. You end up paying 600 and you get the Ipad and a 50 gift card. Or am I missing something?

yeah it shows on the page as 599 for the 32, with a 50 gift card, then in checkout, your cart shows 649 with a 50 GC, YOUR PRICE 599.

I will go in store and see whats up.

Target cart
Disclaimer
tsheehan7 said:   ibaldana said:   Well I was thinking about purchasing a white 32 GB ipad 4, well after adding to cart:

Same here. They raised the price $50 and then added a $50 gift card. Deceptive.

AppleŽ 32GB iPad with Retina display - White (MD514LL/A)

Your final price ($599.99) is the correct price.
It is the 'normal' price for an AppleŽ 32GB iPad with Retina display.

What you will receive in the mail is:
AppleŽ 32GB iPad with Retina display - White
- PLUS -
$50.00 gift card

Cart Summary (2 items)

item subtotal:$649.99

discounts -$50.00
$50 gift card with iPad purchase

shipping: not yet calculated
estimated tax: not yet calculated

Your Total: $599.99

You Save: $50.00 (8%)

"promotion details.

Receive a $50 gift card with purchase of select Apple iPad tablet items. Not valid on previous orders. On your order summary, the item subtotal will reflect the price of the qualifying item plus the amount of the free gift card, followed by a discount given for the amount of the free gift card. Your price on the order summary will be the price of the qualifying item (the total charges for the qualifying item and gift card). Your account will actually be charged the amount of the qualifying item reduced by the amount of the gift card, and a separate charge for the amount of the gift card. If you return the qualifying item, keep the gift card; gift cards received with purchase are not returnable. Gift card will be sent to the same address as your order and will ship separately. Offer expires 12/15/2012 at 11:59pm ET."

Don't panic, it's just how they do it on the receipt.

You pay the normal price ($499, $599, etc.) and you get the $50 GC.

I have best buy gift card. Went to best buy and asked to price match. The sales person did not price matched. Payed with gift card and went to customer service for price match. The customer service happily price matched. Paid $450+tax for iPad with a lightening connector.

Just take the nice print out of target flyer for the price match proof.

Thanks op. I picked up a Ipad 2 for 399 with the $50 gc. I have been wanting one (don't know if I have a use for it but...) and this pushed me over the edge.

got the bride an "ipad with retina display" DONT CALL IT A FOUR!!!!!
599 5% off with redcard. and a 50 GC. sweet! still think it is overpriced. but whatevs.

is this deal alive?

Not alive anymore. Dead as of 12/18..? I believe.

Best you can do now is use or apply for the target red card and get 5% off your purchase.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014