Linky

Rebate form 8GB

THANKS DVD8MAN @SD!!

Member Summary

TDK Flash Drive
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
EDIT: received shipping email later in the day.
The last email I received was my order confirmation, however I just looke... (more)

GeorgeGarman (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 11:31a) |

Got my 8gb. Submitting rebate today.

GeorgeGarman (Dec. 14, 2012 @ 12:41p) |

true to their word, refunded my money and sent me a free 4gb received late last week

DaRealPencil (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 11:25a) |

Try the rebate links on the Directron.com pages below the items. FW linking is causing the problem accessing the rebate site.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › TDK
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

4myrebate.com site isn't generating printable forms for the rebate submission. And when you track the electronic submission, while it shows you've "submitted" it, it won't let you reprint the forms... so you get nothing to mail in, which is a requirement. Also, when I use the "email original rebate form" link, it kicks up a "ZIP Code Required" error message. Of course, I included my ZIP code in the REQUIRED field on the original submission... and why would a ZIP code be required to email me something? Maybe be a temporary system issue, or may be yet another "rebate game" for them. I'm about to cancel my order if I can't get the form to print.

Price is good. Anyone know if Directron is reliable?

labboypro said:   4myrebate.com site isn't generating printable forms for the rebate submission. And when you track the electronic submission, while it shows you've "submitted" it, it won't let you reprint the forms... so you get nothing to mail in, which is a requirement. Also, when I use the "email original rebate form" link, it kicks up a "ZIP Code Required" error message. Of course, I included my ZIP code in the REQUIRED field on the original submission... and why would a ZIP code be required to email me something? Maybe be a temporary system issue, or may be yet another "rebate game" for them. I'm about to cancel my order if I can't get the form to print.

Good catch. Same problem here. I submitted for rebate DIR-10004, I got a tracking # but could not get a printable form (just an error message saying "Sorry,We Could Not Find Your Page or Timed Out. ")

If I can get a printable rebate form for these flash drives, then I'm in for 1 of each. Until then, I will hold off since I don't have any experience buying from Directron.

So rebate works for both 4G and 8G?

Just bought the 8GB and was able to press print to by Adobe and grabbed a PDF.

Hello from SD!

chrislee79 said:   So rebate works for both 4G and 8G?

Two different offer #'s, so you can do both. Unfortunately, I can't get any rebate forms to print out.

looks like a scam

do not buy. Have to call credit company

you are not able to print the submission form, so no rebate. Nice scam.

Good deal. Looks like their site is getting hit hard. Will print form later.

roy7736 said:   labboypro said:   4myrebate.com site isn't generating printable forms for the rebate submission. And when you track the electronic submission, while it shows you've "submitted" it, it won't let you reprint the forms... so you get nothing to mail in, which is a requirement. Also, when I use the "email original rebate form" link, it kicks up a "ZIP Code Required" error message. Of course, I included my ZIP code in the REQUIRED field on the original submission... and why would a ZIP code be required to email me something? Maybe be a temporary system issue, or may be yet another "rebate game" for them. I'm about to cancel my order if I can't get the form to print.

Good catch. Same problem here. I submitted for rebate DIR-10004, I got a tracking # but could not get a printable form (just an error message saying "Sorry,We Could Not Find Your Page or Timed Out. ")

If I can get a printable rebate form for these flash drives, then I'm in for 1 of each. Until then, I will hold off since I don't have any experience buying from Directron.

Same here, It doesn't work. It should work, because the offer was good since yesterday, they could have fix any bugs by now.
So, probably a scam for you to buy and not get a rebate.

even i am not able to print the rebate form..!

I called Directron at the number on my emailed invoice... after several button presses to get to the "right" person, I get a message that tells me they can't take my call, and to please call again. Click.

So... I'm going with rebate game scam instead of just a system issue. Or, at very least, really really craptastic customer service.

Very elaborate scam. Do not buy. NO REBATE.

i am able to print the rebate form .. looks like they have glitch in their system and they are working on it.

xtremethinwallet said:   Very elaborate scam. Do not buy. NO REBATE.

We get it. Enough reposting the same message, please.

I tried "Open the link in a new window" option buy right clicking on the Printyour rebate form link
and it worked

prashansa said:   i am able to print the rebate form .. looks like they have glitch in their system and they are working on it.

Just printed mine as well.

xtremethinwallet said:   Very elaborate scam. Do not buy. NO REBATE.

Wow xtremethinwallet 4 negative posts in a row saying the same thing. Total of 6 posts since joining a year ago. Are we trying to run up our FW post total on one deal???

I was able to print the rebate form to PDF without issue. I used Bullzip PDF Printer, which is available for free at Bullzip.com.

I take back what I wrote before. Try to disable the pop-up blocker on your browser and it will work.

Did you guys disable pop-up blocker?
I just printed it.

There are many ways to print a webpage in PDF file format. Just because you don't know how, it does not equate to scamming. Come on now.

Have anyone order and rebate with this guy (Directron.com) before?

Not sure how legit is the rebate program. Should we take a chance via 1st class mail?
I'm not sure if it is worth it to order... if we have to send a rebated by certified mail.

8GB one is there on site, but when you try to order says not available, call customer service. Looks like the 4GB is there still, but I don't want it.

Looks like they've run out of the 8 GB model (at least for now).

Missed the 8gb, oh well 4 gb is a nice gift
Form works
Disabled popups and it came trough. Also printed the confirmation from the site.

tactusa said:   Have anyone order and rebate with this guy (Directron.com) before?

Not sure how legit is the rebate program. Should we take a chance via 1st class mail?
I'm not sure if it is worth it to order... if we have to send a rebated by certified mail.

I bought a high-end Silverstone HTPC computer case from them a few years back. It was a good transaction: item was new as expected, they shipped it promptly, had the best price I could find, but the transaction did not involve a rebate. I'd buy from them again unless some newer developments gave me reason to suspect their service has changed.

Per Resellerratings.com, Directron's as good as Newegg or better, with a 9.83/10 rating over the past 6 months:

Resellerratings.com ratings for Directron

Actually, Newegg is slipping, with a recent 6 month rating of only 9.12/10.

chrislee79 said:   There are many ways to print a webpage in PDF file format. Just because you don't know how, it does not equate to scamming. Come on now.

Folks, this isn't a printer driver problem. I'm pretty sure most (some??) of us are competent at clicking a "Print" button and getting something to come out of the printer slot. The problem is that the rebate processor website is FAILING TO GENERATE the form that needs printing. Instead of generating a form, it times out the page... and tells us, "Sorry, We could not find your page or timed out." This can be repeated from multiple browsers, multiple machines, on multiple networks. In other words, it's NOT that we don't know HOW to print something.

labboypro said:   chrislee79 said:   There are many ways to print a webpage in PDF file format. Just because you don't know how, it does not equate to scamming. Come on now.

Folks, this isn't a printer driver problem. I'm pretty sure most (some??) of us are competent at clicking a "Print" button and getting something to come out of the printer slot. The problem is that the rebate processor website is FAILING TO GENERATE the form that needs printing. Instead of generating a form, it times out the page... and tells us, "Sorry, We could not find your page or timed out." This can be repeated from multiple browsers, multiple machines, on multiple networks. In other words, it's NOT that we don't know HOW to print something.

You are correct. I was submitting another rebate around the same time not related to this one and I got the same timeout message. I called the rebate center and they had to e-mail the form to me. They acknowledged that the system was "a little crazy." It eventually worked at the website.

SpeedDragon

How much are you folks paying for shipping? TIA.

just got my invoice emailed... there is no shipping charged...paid via paypal

Grabbed the 8G. Rebate submitted.

roy7736 said:   Price is good. Anyone know if Directron is reliable?They've been around since the 1980s, and I've never had a problem with them (only a customer since about 8 years ago).

looks like they are both out of stock now.

can not add to cart, dead?

Thank you.

lousygolfer said:   tactusa said:   Have anyone order and rebate with this guy (Directron.com) before?

I bought a high-end Silverstone HTPC computer case from them a few years back. It was a good transaction: item was new as expected, they shipped it promptly, had the best price I could find, but the transaction did not involve a rebate. I'd buy from them again unless some newer developments gave me reason to suspect their service has changed.

Per Resellerratings.com, Directron's as good as Newegg or better, with a 9.83/10 rating over the past 6 months:

Resellerratings.com ratings for Directron

Actually, Newegg is slipping, with a recent 6 month rating of only 9.12/10.

Thanks lousygolfer. Good to know that I was just curious. I think I will order some then.

Also, thanks for those who gave me a minus ratings.
It seems that some people here are so mean... I'd better be quiet from now on then >_<

Skipping 5 Messages...
true to their word, refunded my money and sent me a free 4gb received late last week

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014