Verizon Nexus $150, Grades 5-6 at Cowboom

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.cowboom.com/product/1056896

Just purchased Grade 6. Disregard Grades 9 from Libertyville as they are not real. Only those from Chino or Flower Mound are accurate grades. Have been following these and they have been typically $279.

CowBoom
See CowBoom promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Verizon Nexus
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great price, but only a couple of grade 6 units left, and they both state heavy scratches on screen and dents. Why do you say that about the libertyville units? What is the actual grade?

Just got a Grade 9 for $149. Green for you OP.

You may want to add Galaxy to the title though... didn't find it on search.

Even if Libertyville grades are fake, I'll just send it back with free return shipping.

Goodbye Motofail!

asuka said:   Just got a Grade 9 for $149. Green for you OP.

Even if Libertyville grades are fake, I'll just send it back with free return shipping.

Goodbye Motofail!

did the same.

asuka said:   Just got a Grade 9 for $149. Green for you OP.

Goodbye Motofail!

Yes, I also did the same.

I used to live right around Libertyville, and worked for the parent company of CowBoom. At the time, there was no facility/operation that would have handled this kind of thing there, so I can understand why it could be a fake, but I also don't understand why they would list it either. Might have to give it a shot. OP, why do you say its a fake?

Not sure why this is hot when a new one is for $199?

fatxman said:   Not sure why this is hot when a new one is for $199?
With a 2 year contract.

I think you have to sign a contract with Verizon anyways? It is not like T-Mobile where you can get the value plan if you bring your own phone

Slightly worried it doesn't list 4G on the specs page? AFAIK galaxy nexus SCH-i515 a 4G LTE phone?

From wikipedia:
SCH-i515 "Toro": Verizon Wireless's variant featuring 4G LTE connectivity in the 700 MHz band (Band 13) as well as CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A connectivity in the PCS bands (800/1900 MHz). This device features 32 GB of on-board storage, measures 9.47 mm thick and features a 1850 mAh battery. This device's appearance is similar to that of the international version.

fatxman said:   I think you have to sign a contract with Verizon anyways? It is not like T-Mobile where you can get the value plan if you bring your own phone

there are other providers than verizon. pagepluscellular would be a good candidate.

miserly said:   fatxman said:   I think you have to sign a contract with Verizon anyways? It is not like T-Mobile where you can get the value plan if you bring your own phone

there are other providers than verizon. pagepluscellular would be a good candidate.

Think twice before opening that can of worms...
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1752852-Samsung-Galax...
I flashed my Sprint Galaxy Nexus over a few days ago. It took about a week of reading and tinkering to finally get it to work 100%. Now talk/text/mms/3g work perfectly. Anyone that is looking at doing this I highly recommend you buy the Sprint version. Its MUCH easier.

The process is not for the faint at heart. One a scale of 1 - 10 I would rate it about a 6-7. With rooting and romming a phone being a 2.

shank said:   miserly said:   fatxman said:   I think you have to sign a contract with Verizon anyways? It is not like T-Mobile where you can get the value plan if you bring your own phone

Think twice before opening that can of worms...
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1752852-Samsung-Galax...
I flashed my Sprint Galaxy Nexus over a few days ago. It took about a week of reading and tinkering to finally get it to work 100%. Now talk/text/mms/3g work perfectly. Anyone that is looking at doing this I highly recommend you buy the Sprint version. Its MUCH easier.

The process is not for the faint at heart. One a scale of 1 - 10 I would rate it about a 6-7. With rooting and romming a phone being a 2.

what can of worms? you can use this phone on pageplus, no rooting, no flashing.

Mulox said:   Great price, but only a couple of grade 6 units left, and they both state heavy scratches on screen and dents. Why do you say that about the libertyville units? What is the actual grade?

http://slickdeals.net/f/5519830-Cowboom-Grading-Why-are-all-the-like-new-items-from-LIBERTYVILLE-IL

chilig said:   Slightly worried it doesn't list 4G on the specs page? AFAIK galaxy nexus SCH-i515 a 4G LTE phone?

From wikipedia:
SCH-i515 "Toro": Verizon Wireless's variant featuring 4G LTE connectivity in the 700 MHz band (Band 13) as well as CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A connectivity in the PCS bands (800/1900 MHz). This device features 32 GB of on-board storage, measures 9.47 mm thick and features a 1850 mAh battery. This device's appearance is similar to that of the international version.

Says LTE on the second line under specs

4g / lte Verizon phones will not work on page plus unless you flash them, so that's the can of worms

fatxman said:   I think you have to sign a contract with Verizon anyways? It is not like T-Mobile where you can get the value plan if you bring your own phone

It's a good option for verizon customers trying to keep grandfathered unlimited data plans. It's still $499 for a 16G model from verizon off contract. $50 less for a pre-owned from them.

chilig said:   fatxman said:   I think you have to sign a contract with Verizon anyways? It is not like T-Mobile where you can get the value plan if you bring your own phone

It's a good option for verizon customers trying to keep grandfathered unlimited data plans. It's still $499 for a 16G model from verizon off contract. $50 less for a pre-owned from them.

I agree, that is my reasoning for upgrading phones on my unlimited data family plans Thanks OP! Green for sure.

lobstersoap said:   4g / lte Verizon phones will not work on page plus unless you flash them, so that's the can of worms

my bad. i think you are correct. though, pagepluscellular, via kittywireless, has been dropping hints that they will be supporting 4g soon.

Only 3g phones on PP for now so forget about using this unless you have knowledge in doing some programming.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014