• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Laptop
code 20703 takes an additional 100 off the computer. Also good on others.

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

HP C2M31UA#ABA (13.85kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Says coupon is not valid.

speedycerv (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 2:43a) |

QS: Coupon expires 12/8, don't wait

fw101 (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 2:59a) |

Where are you getting this information?

tecman51 (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 12:11a) |

Coupon expires 12/8, don't wait
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The i3 processor hurts this deal.

total minus coupon is $399

There is a $50 rebate. Which brings the price to what OP posted.

pyro123 said:   total minus coupon is $399

drmorb said:   The i3 processor hurts this deal.

Personally, I think the Win 8 kills it.

Nothing kills this deal!!! You are not going to get anywhere near this deal for 17" laptop. Will sell out fast!

Learn windows 8 and you will see how cool it actually is!

drmorb said:   The i3 processor hurts this deal.

wrong just depends on your budget and what you use it for, put in a samsung ssd and do a clean install then you would have a very nice machine, comparable to i5/i7 with traditional 5400rpm hd, i have tried this n yes i don't see much diff in normal uses

kdbrich said:   drmorb said:   The i3 processor hurts this deal.

Correct, Win 8 kills the deal totally..no wonder all retailers are selling laptops & Pcs with Win 8 in the $300 range. An i3 is great, I remember I had purchased an i3 laptop (15.6" screen) less than a couple years ago for around $500..!

ashish1t said:   kdbrich said:   drmorb said:   The i3 processor hurts this deal.

Correct, Win 8 kills the deal totally..no wonder all retailers are selling laptops & Pcs with Win 8 in the $300 range. The i3 is great, I remember I had purchased an i3 laptop(15.6" screen) a couple years ago for around $500..!

I'm using an HP 17" laptop now that I got off woot 6 months ago for $599. It has an i7 in it. I would think you should be able to get something better than an i3 for $400 or so...but I'd consider settling for it if it was for a non-gaming machine.

kdbrich said:   ashish1t said:   kdbrich said:   drmorb said:   The i3 processor hurts this deal.

Correct, Win 8 kills the deal totally..no wonder all retailers are selling laptops & Pcs with Win 8 in the $300 range. The i3 is great, I remember I had purchased an i3 laptop(15.6" screen) a couple years ago for around $500..!

I'm using an HP 17" laptop now that I got off woot 6 months ago for $599. It has an i7 in it. I would think you should be able to get something better than an i3 for $400 or so...but I'd consider settling for it if it was for a non-gaming machine.

right..depends on one's use of the machine ..and Win 8 seems to kill an apparently decent deal these days

For casual home use, Win8 is more lively, more fun to use than Win7. Besides, you can always switch to the traditional Win7 desktop with the click of a button.

windows 8 blows.... it's a touch-screen wannabe but won't let go of the keyboard.... it's borderline ridiculous trying to operate it without touch interface. i guess if you enjoy having to login to microsoft server with microsoft account anytime anywhere so microblow knows exactly where you are, what apps you're using and downloading, and god forbid what you're wearing and who you had sex with last night, i guess it would be your cup of tea.

cant we just reformat it and put windows 7 on it?

The problem with Windows 8 is, like Vista & Windows 7, it does not match the visual customization features of XP. Also games don't play and even the Amazon downloader app is rejected by Windows 8 so it cannot load your game library.

Steam does work, but individual games still will either not play or have bugs.

Using the Windows 7 switchback feature does not change compatibility, but does make it easier to use.

leerimesgirl said:   cant we just reformat it and put windows 7 on it?
I would...you'd need a key.

I don't know if it says the ram ins't upgradeable because both slots are already full?

normally from 8 to 16gb, ram are cheap nowaday, ordered a 2 x 8 = 16gb kit at Newegg for $50 last week, i have seen it cheaper for around $45 or even about $20 if you know how to eBay the old ones to offset

namcongtu said:   normally from 8 to 16gb, ram are cheap nowaday, ordered a 2 x 8 = 16gb kit at Newegg for $50 last week, i have seen it cheaper for around $45 or even about $20 if you know how to eBay the old ones to offset

That seems to be a fragment.

I was concerned you could not physically change the ram because it was soldered to the MB.

What kills this deal is that it's an HP! Worst Customer Service Ever.

Wondering how this compares to this deal also: http://www.fatwallet.com/Best-Buy-coupons/toshiba-satellite-17-3...

Toshiba is top rated in laptops for low defects/returns. Back on BF these were also $25 back from BB and $20 credit to your statement if you sync'd AMEX. The extra memory in the HP is nice, as is the larger HD, but still - miserable experience with HP's Customer Service getting a previous laptop repaired under warranty.

Does this laptop have gigabit ethernet?

ironmotti said:   Wondering how this compares to this deal also: http://www.fatwallet.com/Best-Buy-coupons/toshiba-satellite-17-3...

Toshiba is top rated in laptops for low defects/returns. Back on BF these were also $25 back from BB and $20 credit to your statement if you sync'd AMEX. The extra memory in the HP is nice, as is the larger HD, but still - miserable experience with HP's Customer Service getting a previous laptop repaired under warranty.

anybody knows if best buy would honer 100 off the above mentioned Toshiba as price match since its 399.99....brining it down to 299.

namcongtu said:   drmorb said:   The i3 processor hurts this deal.

... put in a samsung ssd and do a clean install then you would have a very nice machine, comparable to i5/i7 with traditional 5400rpm hd...

Right...and now you've got a lot of work and a $500+ machine...not exactly the point.

lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   normally from 8 to 16gb, ram are cheap nowaday, ordered a 2 x 8 = 16gb kit at Newegg for $50 last week, i have seen it cheaper for around $45 or even about $20 if you know how to eBay the old ones to offset

I was concerned you could not physically change the ram because it was soldered to the MB.

i have never seen any newer normal sized windows laptop with soldered ram

Found out this laptop does not have gigabit ethernet,

namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   normally from 8 to 16gb, ram are cheap nowaday, ordered a 2 x 8 = 16gb kit at Newegg for $50 last week, i have seen it cheaper for around $45 or even about $20 if you know how to eBay the old ones to offset

ultrabooks

ironmotti said:   Wondering how this compares to this deal also: http://www.fatwallet.com/Best-Buy-coupons/toshiba-satellite-17-3...

anybody knows if best buy would honer 100 off the above mentioned Toshiba as price match since its 399.99....brining it down to 299.I called best buy and asked if they would honor the Staples coupon 100 OFF ANY 399.99 LAPTOP and they said they would ...THE REP JUST KEPT SAYING BRING IT TO THE STORE. you guys think they will honor even though its already special buy?? never done price match before so your input is VERY appreciated.

p.s. dont have a car so will have to hop two buses to go there. so its not like I can just go and see it for myself.

lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   normally from 8 to 16gb, ram are cheap nowaday, ordered a 2 x 8 = 16gb kit at Newegg for $50 last week, i have seen it cheaper for around $45 or even about $20 if you know how to eBay the old ones to offset

ultrabooks

ultrabooks are normal sized laptop?

The best I can get for this laptop is priced $100.00 more at Staples. I don't get it except that maybe the price is higher for those in California (since Californians are all rich.....?). Bottom line before tax would be $499.99 and then the $50.00 rebate could bring that down a bit. Maybe they ran out of laptops at the lower price?

namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   normally from 8 to 16gb, ram are cheap nowaday, ordered a 2 x 8 = 16gb kit at Newegg for $50 last week, i have seen it cheaper for around $45 or even about $20 if you know how to eBay the old ones to offset

ultrabooks

laptops

...and yes, 13" and up is normal sized

Interesting! Of course, Staples would have to sell the exact same thing for them to honor it. Or, I should say they MAY insist that.

Plus $17 Staples rewards

As long as I can set up a multiboot to an xp partition... It's all the same to me...

Also, the HP is 2nd generation i3, Toshiba's is 3rd. Unsure what value add the latest generation is, just pointing that out.

Hmmmmm...tough call.

lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   normally from 8 to 16gb, ram are cheap nowaday, ordered a 2 x 8 = 16gb kit at Newegg for $50 last week, i have seen it cheaper for around $45 or even about $20 if you know how to eBay the old ones to offset

ultrabooks

laptops

ultra are much lighter and thinner in size, if it has same weight n size as regular then it's called regular/normal sized laptop

namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   normally from 8 to 16gb, ram are cheap nowaday, ordered a 2 x 8 = 16gb kit at Newegg for $50 last week, i have seen it cheaper for around $45 or even about $20 if you know how to eBay the old ones to offset

ultrabooks

laptops

ultra are much lighter and thinner in size, if it has same weight n size as regular then it's called regular/normal sized laptop

weight has nothing to do with classification

lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   lordoffire said:   namcongtu said:   normally from 8 to 16gb, ram are cheap nowaday, ordered a 2 x 8 = 16gb kit at Newegg for $50 last week, i have seen it cheaper for around $45 or even about $20 if you know how to eBay the old ones to offset

ultrabooks

laptops

weight has nothing to do with classification

yes it has, if not one can't "earn" the ultra name, that's why you normally see the ultras' weight are much less than laptops

pjrxj said:   There is a $50 rebate. Which brings the price to what OP posted.

pyro123 said:   total minus coupon is $399

ok, found it Staples rebate center?

leerimesgirl said:   cant we just reformat it and put windows 7 on it?

I was tempted, this is a steal. A google search indicated that there are driver compatiblity problems if you do so, HP isn't supporting the hardware in combination with Win 7

Microsoft has a mess on their hands...hopefully they will go back to giving the option of Win 7 or Win 8 if enough people refuse to buy! I'll be digging up XP license keys before turning my computer into a cell phone

Skipping 20 Messages...
ironmotti said:   Toshiba is top rated in laptops for low defects/returns.

Where are you getting this information?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014