• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
drmorb said:   The i3 processor hurts this deal.

The HP hurts this deal too, at least you have $100 for extended warranty you are gonna need.

FrugalFreak said:   drmorb said:   The i3 processor hurts this deal.

The HP hurts this deal too, at least you have $100 for extended warranty you are gonna need.

Meh. Buy it with an AMEX. That doubles the warranty. Not many people would run a 2nd Gen i3 more than 2 years anyhow.

Has anyone read the reviews? Looks good to me.

Also, does the 2nd Gen i3 support SSD's?

The issue isn't with the length of warranty, it's that HP's customer service SUCKS!

ironmotti said:   Also, does the 2nd Gen i3 support SSD's?
what?

missing. Play on the topic of SSD's requiring "special things". Sorry.

Seriously though, I think the Gen 3 i3 has better graphics, which may matter depending upon use.

kdbrich said:   drmorb said:   The i3 processor hurts this deal.

Personally, I think the Win 8 kills it.

Yea, but 17.3' is cool !

Regardless, I picked one up tonight, $349 is a killer deal for the big screen. I do not do games or run any video production companies off a laptop, so it will get email, and the web surfing I want, just fine.

Staples never even cried about the coupon, and the rewards things I used, amazing.....

ironmotti said:   The issue isn't with the length of warranty, it's that HP's customer service SUCKS!

What laptop brand offers the best, most reliable customer service? PLMK, thanks and Merry Christmas!

ironmotti said:   Also, the HP is 2nd generation i3, Toshiba's is 3rd. Unsure what value add the latest generation is, just pointing that out.

Processor CPU performance isn't much different in this case. Processor GPU has been improved from 2nd gen. HD Graphics 3000 to 3rd gen. HD Graphics 4000.

SteelRing said:   windows 8 blows.... it's a touch-screen wannabe but won't let go of the keyboard.... it's borderline ridiculous trying to operate it without touch interface. i guess if you enjoy having to login to microsoft server with microsoft account anytime anywhere so microblow knows exactly where you are, what apps you're using and downloading, and god forbid what you're wearing and who you had sex with last night, i guess it would be your cup of tea.
lol tons of fud here. do you not have to log in with a google account on android devices? or apple id's for ios devices? stop babbling on about something just because YOU don't like it. the windows 8/microsoft hate is hilarious

SteelRing said:   windows 8 blows.... it's a touch-screen wannabe but won't let go of the keyboard.... it's borderline ridiculous trying to operate it without touch interface. i guess if you enjoy having to login to microsoft server with microsoft account anytime anywhere so microblow knows exactly where you are, what apps you're using and downloading, and god forbid what you're wearing and who you had sex with last night, i guess it would be your cup of tea.

You don't have to create a live.com account, you can use either local server accounts or local machine accounts just as well. The only reason that Microsoft allows you to log in using live.com credentials is because it will enable the app store and the social media integration in the UI just like it does with Windows Phone. If that isn't important to you (it isn't for a lot of people) then simply create a local account to log into the system.

Look at the competition like Apple, Google and Amazon. They all have inegration with their app stores and require you to log in to use certain features of their devices as well. My Kindle Fire that I got in the mail the other day from Amazon was already set up with my account information!

I've been using Windows 8 since the bits came out on MSDN long ago and I for one like many of the new features. My children love many of the apps and I like the ability to be able to use the computer as a "serious" development machine. While my particular computer lacks a touchscreen, my children still enjoy it and are able to play the games using the mouse or the keyboard.

For those that don't like Windows 8, there is still Windows 7 (you can contact Microsoft and downgrade the license) or perhaps you can still find a dinosaur willing to part with their copy of Windows XP!

ironmotti said:   The issue isn't with the length of warranty, it's that HP's customer service SUCKS!
I've always had great customer service from HP, but I also purchase business class machines and servers so perhaps that is the difference. I will say that the sole time I called about my HP Touchpad the CSR was unbelievably unhelpful and I had to ask my question about 10 times in 10 different ways in order to get something other than a "canned" answer.

This ^

Says coupon is not valid.

speedycerv said:   Says coupon is not valid.
QS: Coupon expires 12/8, don't wait

ironmotti said:   Toshiba is top rated in laptops for low defects/returns.

Where are you getting this information?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014