• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Lumix (12.93kB)
Disclaimer
LINK

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ7K Digital Camera features high-quality optics to give you beautiful images and a versatile zoom range. Record videos with stunning clarity, fine details and true-to-life audio in Full 1080p HD.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ7K Digital Camera:•14.1 megapixel resolution with high-quality still images and video recordings
Featuring Color mode, Scene modes, 1080p HD Movie Recording, Digital Red Eye correction, 3D Photo Mode and Optical Image Stabilization
•LEICA DC Vario-Elmar 4.5-45mm zoom lens with 10x optical zoom
Equivalent to a 27-270mm lens on an analog camera with Normal, AF Macro, AF Tracking, Glass Lens
•3.0" TFT LCD screen with image editing features
Featuring Auto Power LCD Mode, Power LCD Mode, High Angle Mode
•Built-in flash with Red-Eye Reduction, Auto On/Off and Slow-Sync Flash

Additional Features:•70MB built-in memory with 1 SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot (memory card not included)
•Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
•ISO Modes: Auto, 3200, 1600, 800, 400, 200, 100, 80
•File Formats Supported: JPEG, AVCHD, MP4
•3.9" x 0.9" x 2.4"; 133 g
•LUMIX image uploader

Compatibility and Warranty:•Compatible with PC or Mac
•1-year limited manufacturer warranty

What's in the Box:•Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ7K Digital Camera
•Battery, charger and power cable
•PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.0 advanced edition and Adobe reader

LINK

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic Black Lumix DMC-SZ7K (12.93kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If your looking for reviews of this camera (of which there are few) it appears to be the same camera as the DMC-SZ7.

It is an SZ7. The K means Black. I bought one from JR for $90 last month. Having great fun with it, but cannot get it to take as sharp pics as my Pentax K5 or K-01 Plus trying to get a sharp image at full 10X zoom is a REAL challenge. But it's a great snapshooter and really tiny. Like a small canon but thinner. Case Logic has an OK case for $6 that fits nicely.

Had one from Frys but got moisture in for the 2nd week during my trip. The screen and image sensor are no longer working and I returned it back to the store.

I saw this item @ Newegg on BF for $80 plus free ship. It's a nice small point and shoot. The $169 (Best Buy) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS19 provides superior picture quality at low-light and 20x optic zoom. There is no visual noise in the picture till ISO +800. Indoor picture quality in a dark room with flash is excellent. Unit has aperture, shuttle, and manual priority. Can record movie in AVCHD or MP4. The display can also function as a touch screen. Battery life is ~260 pictures. My unit is Made in Japan with an aluminum tripod mount.

The DMC-TZ30 reviewed below is indentical to the US DMC-ZS19 (minus GPS tagging).

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_tz30_review/conclusion/

Thanks for the heads up OP on the price at WalMart. Was going to buy at WalMart but then noticed this same camera/kit in my local Costco this morning and they have it on sale for $99.99 (+ tax). The Costco normal non sale price for this camera/kit is $119.99. The Costco sale on this camera/kit runs until 12-22-12.

The Costco instore item # is 652094 and it doesn't show up on their website (at least as of today 12/10/12).

Bought both the camera at Costco along with a Sandisk 16GB Class 10 SDHC UHS-1 SD card (Costco instore item # 609385) they had on sale for $17.99 (normally $28.99). Cost for both the camera and extra SD card came to $125.47, before sales tax.

Note: the full operator/owner manual for the camera is on the included CD. Also included was a shorter printed Basic Owner's Manual that gives basic operating instructions. The camera does include an AC (to USB) adapter wall wart, but the battery is charged inside of the camera via the included USB cable. And the camera does have roughly 70MB of built in internal memory for photo/video storage. The included camera case, which has the word "Lumix" on the flap, is a simple case with a magnetic snap for keeping the case closed. The case also has a rather small (1.5 inch/3.5mm width) belt loop, not a belt hook, on the back of the case for mounting/carrying on a belt. The included "Panasonic" 4GB card is a Class 4 SDHC card.

I bought 2 of these at WalMart for $99 each. When they arrived, one had an 8gb SD card and the other one had no card at all, even though the label on the box said 8gb card included. After looking at the LCD screen I took both of them back. The screen is awful. Viewing angle is minimal and even straight on it is washed out and over exposed. Pictures may be fine but not worth it when better cameras are not that much more $.

tecman51 said:   After looking at the LCD screen I took both of them back. The screen is awful. Viewing angle is minimal and even straight on it is washed out and over exposed.
The camera does have the option to change the "LCD Display" and "LCD Mode" settings. Adjusting those settings may help those who find issue with the viewing angle or LCD image quality.

I have great luck with this camera. I bought this SZ7 from wallyworld for $100 with a 8G card. I returned the ZS20 which has 20X lens, GPS tagging, touchscreen, slow motion video and more shooting modes. I never use the GPS function and the touchscreen is not as easy to use as a button. When I used the touchscreen for touch-to-shoot, the camera moves and takes a less steady picture. The 10X zoom on this SZ7 is more than suffice for my need. I have more than enough shooting modes in this camera as well.

The SZ7 3” screen, resolution, CMOS sensor, and processor feels identical to the ZS20. It has fast autofocus and takes decent picture. One thing I didn’t like about the zs20 is its size. It is thicker and longer. Not much visually but noticeable difference in my pocket.

Overall I am very happy with the SZ7.

Perhaps I was a little harsh in my criticism of the SZ7K. It really is a fine camera and great value (especially with this bundle). It just didn't work for my needs. I went with the DMC-zs19 instead. Yes it is bulkier and more expensive but is functionally more to my liking (and I like the LCD screen better). However, for a very small, pocket camera at this price point, this is a great deal.

just an email from Wally and delivery is delayed till ? and on their site it says dec 24th now , they better not screw up my order!

Check your Sears B&M, may find it on clearance at the same price.

Bring the WMT print out to Target to pricematch. Target will accept the words "also in stores". Use the $10 off $50 to cut price to $90.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014