• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dell XPS 8500 Desktop
compare at $899.99
Free Shipping!

Coupons
1BBBZLJSCTPSS3 - $50 off

• 3rd Generation Intel Core i7 Processor.
  • 8GB Memory and 1TB Hard Drive.
  • Radeon HD 7570 Hard Drive,
  • Windows 8 Processor

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&model_id=xps-8500&oc=DXDNPX3hD&s=dhs&
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Same as Black Friday... Not bad... Note discover has 15% cb thru shop discover

Note that with this deal, the monitor is not included. If you prefer Win 7 to Win 8, then go through FW coupons for Dell Small & Medium Business, and get FW 2%.

I picked up a Toshiba laptop with 3630QM processor, 3rd gen i7, 8 GB, 750 GB Hard drive from Staples yesterday for $579.99 -

http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-S855-S5378-156-Laptop/product_984...

I guess if folks are still in the market for a desktop this is ok.

tajar96 said:   I picked up a Toshiba laptop with 3630QM processor, 3rd gen i7, 8 GB, 750 GB Hard drive from Staples yesterday for $579.99 -

How did you get that price? Shows several hundred more for me.

It was the ad. However the Staples Lappy has a intel 4000 hd versus this ones radeon HARD DRIVE. Hehe

RASHID007CA said:   tajar96 said:   I picked up a Toshiba laptop with 3630QM processor, 3rd gen i7, 8 GB, 750 GB Hard drive from Staples yesterday for $579.99 -

How did you get that price? Shows several hundred more for me.

They had a $120 off sale going on and I used the $100 off laptop coupons to get it to $579. Used some old gift cards and Ink to get more moolah back too. Couldn't do the FW CashBack as the coupons were in store only, oh well.

ordered one using AMEX. Hope to get the $150 off $599 purchase. my net cost would be $499.99. Thanks OP

forbin4040 said:   It was the ad. However the Staples Lappy has a intel 4000 hd versus this ones radeon HARD DRIVE. Hehe

I don't know much about hard drives, so are Radeon's considered much better than Intel ? Learn something new everyday.

$650 for desktop these days... Must be top of the line?

I got this deal last week: http://www.fatwallet.com/Dell-Consumer-coupons/code-656337/

$150 off Dell XPS 8500 Desktop with 3rd Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB memory, 2TB hard drive - $749.99 with Free Shipping
(expires

is this deal dead?

dewvillage said:   ordered one using AMEX. Hope to get the $150 off $599 purchase. my net cost would be $499.99. Thanks OP

optical said:   is this deal dead?

dewvillage said:   ordered one using AMEX. Hope to get the $150 off $599 purchase. my net cost would be $499.99. Thanks OP

Oh yes, it it's dead NOW.

Nice price...I bought XPS desktop with i5 processor about a year ago around $600. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium and I upgraded to Win 7 Pro. But once a week, my computer display screen would go black and have to unplug the power cord and reboot again. When I called Dell, they tell me it's Windows issue and I need to deal with Microsoft. Dealing with Microsoft is no fun. They are more interested taking down your personal information than immediately adress the problem. After 2 hours of letting them access my computer through remote access, they tell me that there is no problem with my computer. Yet my computer freezes up 2 or 3 times every month with a blank screen. Called Microsoft few more times and always get the same answer...nothing wrong with my computer. I have HP and Acer computers, but with no issues. Dell tells me that it may be a software conflict and refuse to do any service on it. Has anyone experienced with this issue?

tajar96 said:   forbin4040 said:   It was the ad. However the Staples Lappy has a intel 4000 hd versus this ones radeon HARD DRIVE. Hehe

I don't know much about hard drives, so are Radeon's considered much better than Intel ? Learn something new everyday.

The 3rd generation Intel i7 CPU chip have built in Intel HD 4000 graphics. Some laptop have an extra, or dedicated, graphics card with it (example: nVidia GT640 or ATI Radeon 7570). The desktop that the OP listed have an extra ATI Radeon graphic cards. With this desktop, you have the option of using the built in graphics, Intel HD 4000, or use the extra graphic card, ATI Radeon.

Just an extra note, this Desktop have the i7-3770 (not unlock version). You will not be able to overclock this unit.

Win 8 kills the deal

tajar96 said:   forbin4040 said:   It was the ad. However the Staples Lappy has a intel 4000 hd versus this ones radeon HARD DRIVE. Hehe

Radeon is a brand of graphics card made by AMD. They are better than the standard intel integrated graphics.

Nothing to do with hard drives.

Any ides how to setup dual monitor? I have two monitors with VGA outputs. I also noticed that XPS 8500 has two VGA outputs and one DVI ports. However, when I plugged my two monitors to VGA outputs, second one is not detected. Please advise.

docjoo said:    Dell tells me that it may be a software conflict and refuse to do any service on it. Has anyone experienced with this issue?
This does not sound like a software problem though it could be related to device drivers. If you can work around not having your current setup, try backing up your hard drive and then restore the system to its original configuration. If it still locks up with no changes to the original configuration, then call Dell back and ask for a new computer. If it doesn't fail, start reinstalling your programs but allow time in between each install to see if the failure comes back.

mysteryAgain said:   Any ides how to setup dual monitor? I have two monitors with VGA outputs. I also noticed that XPS 8500 has two VGA outputs and one DVI ports. However, when I plugged my two monitors to VGA outputs, second one is not detected. Please advise.

Look for one of the F keys that has the little monitor icon on it. Sometimes its FN + F5 that toggles between the different views when you have dual monitors hooked up. But it could be different than F5 depending upon your computer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014