• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Mario Kart 7 3DS XL bundle $159.99 @ bestbuy

I won't use the "P" phrase but Bestbuy is running a promotion where you get $40 off a 3DS system. I was told in store yesterday that the Mario Bundle did not qualify since it's a bundled system. Nevertheless, it's now showing up online for $159.99 plus tax.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nintendo+-+3DS+XL+with+Mario+Kart+7+... &cp=1&lp=1

thegreatwb op

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Mario Kart 7 3DS (90.13kB)
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This was my deal of the season too I bought at least 8 and flipped every single one on Craigslist for $175-- the first o... (more)

mkillgo (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 1:15a) |

I got WalMart to price match with a best buy internet printout, even though they said that best buy was out of stock. T... (more)

OnlyDealsPlz (Dec. 19, 2012 @ 2:12p) |

If you purchased this for your kids for Christmas, check the box to make sure you got the right one. After clicking thr... (more)

mtd (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 9:21a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Does anybody know if Best Buy will Price Match Guarantee this if I bought the bundle last week with the $20 gift card or should I do a return re-buy? Thanks.

Thanks Butcherboy! Had purchased a 3DS XL at Target on black Friday, but this is a much better deal! Bought this one and will be returning th4e other!!!

Thank you Butcher.
I been on the fence for a while, but the backward compatibility to DS and "CLICK" off 3D functionality on XL sold me.

I'm so~ over budget this year.

Target has this same package + $20 gift card on sale for $199. They Price matched the BB price of 159 and gave me the $20 Gift card... My deal of the season.

Thanks for the heads-up on the price match! I went to Target and returned the 3DS I just bought two days ago (for $129 with a $10 gift card) and got the 3DS XL for $159 and also got the $20 gift card. Even better, they told me to keep the $10 gift card I had gotten from the returned 3DS! Great deal!!!!

Is there a coupon for a $20 Target gift card somewhere?

I just found the deal on Target.com which I will try to have price matched at Target today

one more confirming target price match with 20 bucks gc. Thanks jbenha66. Had to make them do it against their will ....

can i use the $20 gc at the same time to break this price to $139???

Note that this is a pre-installed Mario Kart 7 game pack and 4GB Secure Digital card, not the physical game itself.

In for one.

In for one

Didn't work for me as customer service rep added $20 GC into the price so that it comes out to be $159. Still a decent price with Mario Kart included.

Thanks! Got the price match and $20 gift card without issue.

jbenja66 said:   Target has this same package + $20 gift card on sale for $199. They Price matched the BB price of 159 and gave me the $20 Gift card... My deal of the season.

Did the same myself last night. Only issue was Best Buy ad shows regular, request they check bestbuy.com and show s same price for Mario Kart pre installed. Also, got the extra 5% of using my Target debit card.

Wow, didnt know target price matched. I live I/ Orlanfo, Florida hope I dont have issue with homoring price and gift card too...

I called the Target in Salem,NH and they would not price match it for me.

Just went to Target in Fort Worth and they price matched and gave me the gift card without me even asking! Amazing deal. THX!!

Got it for the $159.99 and got the $20 Target GC. Used the Gift card on the next one so only paid $139.99 for a second one + got another $20 gift card

thefootkid said:   Does anybody know if Best Buy will Price Match Guarantee this if I bought the bundle last week with the $20 gift card or should I do a return re-buy? Thanks.

FYI I bought on the same deal and best buy refunded me $40 over the phone

Didn't work for me. Most of these are gone in W.Michigan (only in-store availability), none available @ best buys in the area (100mi radius), one target had them. Called, reserved one, and asked over the phone (twice) if they would price match, they said "yes, no problem". Drove 20 miles, only to have the customer service guy reject it. After debating with him, and referencing the person who I talked to on the phone, He offered me $6 in coupons (lol, I spent that much in gas). So I split and got the $160 non-MK7 3DS XL sale deal at Best Buy, then the buy 2 get $20 off 3DS games sale. Thumbs down to Target in Wyoming, MI >. YMMV, you might need to get lucky to get an inept who will force it thru the system :shrug:

It says right on their website that they will price match BB. I PM'd tonight, got the gift card, and the 5% off for using my Target card with no hassle. They looked it up on a iPad after i showed them my phone with it but they found it with no problems. Quote from their website below.

Holiday Price Matching: select online competitors

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16 and find the identical item for less at Amazon.com, WalMart.com, BestBuy.com, toysrus.com or BabiesRUs.com.  Simply show us the current online price using your mobile device, or bring in a printed page showing the current online price by Dec. 16.  The online price and availability will be validated by a Target team member at the Guest Service desk. 

Excludes “Marketplace” prices:  Price matched items must be sold by WalMart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, toysrus.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from 3rd party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
Excludes Target stores in Alaska and Hawaii.
Limit quantity of 1 online price match per identical item, per guest.
Must bring in original Target receipt when requesting the price match by Dec. 16.
The retail price must be shown on the competitor’s website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
Online prices from Nov. 22–26 are excluded.
Excludes online prices from competitors not listed above.

Ordered for free ship and received shipment confirmation already.

Thank you OP and all. I got the pricematch + $20 GC at Target and avoided a 20 mile drive to Best Buy. Awesome!

Will this deal stack with the $10 GC with purchase of $50 at Target?

I wasn't that lucky, went to two target. They rang up the item on the cashier...then I asked them if they do PM, they said no problem.
Then I pull out the ads on my phone. They looked up the iPad, but they said they cannot do it, since the item offer free GC.

According to their rule:
What is excluded from the Holiday Price Match?

In addition, the following exclusions apply:

Competitor price matches on items where Target is offering a free gift card

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-p...

mluvw47 said:   I wasn't that lucky, went to two target. They rang up the item on the cashier...then I asked them if they do PM, they said no problem.
Then I pull out the ads on my phone. They looked up the iPad, but they said they cannot do it, since the item offer free GC.

According to their rule:

That stinks. I was able to get in for one on Monday. No issues with the price match or GC. Actually I had just picked up the 3DSxl at BB just a few hours before, and then I saw the FW post. Green for you.

3 in a row also i got 3 $20 GC !! (arlington Tx)

krisma said:   mluvw47 said:   I wasn't that lucky, went to two target. They rang up the item on the cashier...then I asked them if they do PM, they said no problem.

According to their rule:

That stinks. I was able to get in for one on Monday. No issues with the price match or GC. Actually I had just picked up the 3DSxl at BB just a few hours before, and then I saw the FW post. Green for you.

One target declined to PM with the item having target promotion. Second target did PM, but voided GC. But finally I got the PM with $20 GC at 3rd target.

Will Target still price match if it's OOS at Best Buy? It now shows unavailable online -- is the promotion for Best Buy done?

Thanks guy. I was able to get one from BB online, is that possible that I show the receipt to Target have them to PM and also get the GC?

Not sure why Fatwallet shows this as "expired".... its still live.

JoyOfCoupons said:   Will Target still price match if it's OOS at Best Buy? It now shows unavailable online -- is the promotion for Best Buy done?

I was able to do this tonight even though out of stock at all the Best Buys in my area. I think it's YMMV though. I asked for the price match and the cashier seemed to be familiar with the deal and put it into the system without checking availability at Best Buy. I also stacked it with the $10 Target Gift Card free with $50 purchase coupon found in this thread without any issues.

To those who wants to get this deal, but OOO at your local best buy.

If the BestBuy promotion for $159 is still available on Sunday, all you need to do goto the Target store and price match with them.
'coz on Sunday, the free GC $20 promotion will be ended at Target. At lease this is what is the idea from one of Target customer service person tell me to do. Of course, if you are lucky enough like most of the folks above, getting PM as well as free GC at Target, that is the best deal around. However, $159 still a good deal for this item.

Good luck, Happy holiday and thanks all.

this price will remain..

Thanks to OP and others - I got one at Target last night - pm'ed at 159.99 even though BB was out of stock - plus they handed me the $20 gift card without saying a word, and let me stack the $10 gift card w/$50 purchase coupon too!

Now I can afford another game or two for my kid. Great deal, thanks again!

When I click on the link, it shows the original price of the system. Does this mean that the sale is off?

Yes, sale is over.

Skipping 3 Messages...
If you purchased this for your kids for Christmas, check the box to make sure you got the right one. After clicking through the link from OP on 12/11 (which shows "page not found" today) I ordered a blue bundle, but my order shows SKU 5720602 which includes the SD card, but no game. After a week of trying to figure out how to get her Mario Kart game to work my daughter and I figured out Best Buy sent us a different unit than the one advertised. Best guess is that they went out of stock while I was ordering and switched the link on the website to 5720602. I talked with Best Buy chat today and after informing me I could exchange it (which is impossible since she said it was a limited offer and it's out of stock), or could pay for the game separately ($40), they suggested I call their 800# instead. Very unhappy child and consumer here. Hopefully nobody else got stuck in the same situation. Should have just gotten in the car and driven to Target.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014