• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
May be Amazon is sending codes to people who are not regular buyer to attract them to buy from Amazon.I do have two accounts with Amazon and one of the account got coupon code which i am not using on regular base. Just my thought

Nah, I've been a heavy Amazon buyer for more than a decade now and got the 10% off up to $200 offer. For example, there are 21 charges from Amazon to my credit card in the past 30 days...

no restrictions on my code. 10% off 100 or more

Restrictions: The promotional code will expire on 11:59 p.m., PST, December 16, 2012, and Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel it at any time. You may only use the promotional code to purchase eligible products sold by Amazon.com and ADSI on the Amazon.com Web site. You may only use the promotional code to purchase products with a basket size of $100 or more. The promotional code does not apply to shipping, handling, tax, or any other fees. With respect to digital content, the promotional code is limited to customers located in the U.S. You must agree to ADSI's terms of use when purchasing digital content sold by ADSI. Limit one promotional code per customer and customer account. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. Offer may not be combined with other offers. If you violate any of the Terms & Conditions, the promotion will be invalid. Void where prohibited.

I deleted it blindly. Found in my trash! Now I need to buy something to save money

no email for any of the accounts in my household (double-bummed since I missed the Vitamix sale today also, which Peeps were combining with the 10% code)

i was wanting tobuy a tv and was disappoint that it was 10% off of a purchase of 200 max..

Thanks for the thread - went back into the trash bin to get it as I thought it was more "recommended" spam.

Received 10% off $100 no max. here in CA

Was a heavy, heavy Amazon shopper spending $$$ and prime member over the last 4 years. Once the CA sales tax crap kicked in, I found myself purchasing way less from them. Lost the automatic built-in ~9% discount...

Got the 10% off $100. In Cali.

fishhoppaZ said:   Thanks for the thread - went back into the trash bin to get it as I thought it was more "recommended" spam.

Received 10% off $100 no max. here in CA

Was a heavy, heavy Amazon shopper spending $$$ and prime member over the last 4 years. Once the CA sales tax crap kicked in, I found myself purchasing way less from them. Lost the automatic built-in ~9% discount...

Receive the same email for one account 10% off $100... Husband account 10% off $200. We are also in Ca.

10% off 100. sporadic shopper. CA.

I'm pissed. I got a code but mine is 10% on a purchase of $500 or more.

These weasels are play'in me !

I'm Prime & have an Amaz VISA and purchase crap fairly regular.

Hummh ! I'm insulted.

I got the 10% off $100 - another sent this morning saying there might have been an error in the first code - and I shop there very very frequently!

10% off $300 or more
Prime member since the start, located in TX, purchase very often

Just to add another data point, I've placed 49 orders so far in 2012 and received the code.

I got the 10% off $100 one-time code in an email the other day. I shop there very frequently.

51 orders placed in 2012, Prime (student) member for a few years, and got no code. My wife's account, which I set up when I got her a kindle and has had virtually zero activity, got the 10% off $100+ code.

Guessing for CA it's probably targeted to the less frequent shopper. In my case, literally stopped shopping them since the sales tax collection thing started after having 91 orders (big and small stuff) to date in 2012. The 10% off one time coupon will essentially offset the tax for one purchase.

I got the 10% off $100 and i'm in PA....just used it too...came at the right time of the year. I do a lot of shopping with Amazon and have student prime, as well...not sure what their demographic is, but glad i'm in it...

I don't know if the codes are tied to an account, but I've bought way too much lately from Amazon so I won't be using mine.

DFX8-Z6695P-TL7BJ5

Say when its used or give it green or something

techpig said:   I don't know if the codes are tied to an account, but I've bought way too much lately from Amazon so I won't be using mine.

DFX8-Z6695P-TL7BJ5

Thanks for sharing, I tried to use it but I got

"The promotional code you entered is not valid."

fedechat said:   techpig said:   I don't know if the codes are tied to an account, but I've bought way too much lately from Amazon so I won't be using mine.

DFX8-Z6695P-TL7BJ5

Sry someone PM me, but I didn't see it. Ya they're transferable for anyone who wants to post b/c they already spent their holiday funds at black friday

fedechat said:   techpig said:   I don't know if the codes are tied to an account, but I've bought way too much lately from Amazon so I won't be using mine.

DFX8-Z6695P-TL7BJ5

Same. Either someone already used it or it's bound to the recipient's account.

yourwishismine said:   Wonder who was targeted for this... I'm a long time Amazon prime member and I did NOT get one... those who either never shop there or don't shop enough, lol

I got a 10% off max $200. In CA, average 1-2 purchase per month. Probably not really considered a "frequent" buyer I suppose.

For more reference I have placed 180 orders this year. No coupon.

IrfanPathan said:   PA has to pay 6% tax now so I stopped buying from Amazon instead buy from local best buy or Staples.. johnny98 said:   I got 10% off $300 or more. I wonder if the coupon you get is based on whether or not you have to pay sales tax on Amazon purchases?

dont buy from Amazon. buy from other sellers. prices are sometimes cheaper and theres no tax from alot of these sellers.

i used my 10% off $100+ purchase coupon to buy a new canon DSLR lens and some toys for a toy drive that i'm participating in
used free prime trial for free 2 day shipping on entire order

i've made a handful of purchases through Amazon in the past year
and i am in california
so i guess i got lucky

Here's one I'm not using (upto a maximum of $200) - XYN8-ZB9CPK-RPJ9CE

Those codes are probably linked to your account only.

TX Amazon member since 2003 (currently Amazon student prime) with 73 orders for 2012 and I got a 10% over $100...

will probably use coupon on a pancake lens for my Sony Nex5...

This coupon is just another example of how being a good customer does not yield one the best deals. (Anyone who has ever cancelled any service to force a better deal knows this truth well.)

I buy from Amazon weekly, often big ticket items, and got a 10% off of $300 offer. My wife is registered but purchases maybe once a year and got a 10% off of $100 offer. It looks like others who shop (probably more than I do) at Amazon received nothing.

Got mine on Sunday. 10% off $100 or more til 12/16. Got it on my email not associated with my Prime account.

dkim5nu said:   Those codes are probably linked to your account only.

Nope, I had another one that I passed on to a friend.. worked just fine. If you tried it and it didn't work, then someone else already redeemed it.

ingenue007 said:   I've placed about 15k orders from Amazon this year and did not get coupon. I wonder who they are targeting.

wtf 15,000

bad107 said:   ingenue007 said:   I've placed about 15k orders from Amazon this year and did not get coupon. I wonder who they are targeting.

wtf 15,000

That averages out to about 43 orders a day....

$15,000. Haha 43 orders a day would be awesome.

I chatted with Amazon customer service about it. I just made a large purchase and was disappointed that they're response was that they're targeting "potential" customers. They initially said they couldn't send the link, but after explaining my loyalty, they said they couldn't give me the code, but they applied a $20 credit to my account to use whenever!

I've been hooked on Amazon for years and did get one the other day...but i also just signed up for the Amazon CC so not sure if that had anything to do with it or not

i emailed them and got a coupon.

ingenue007 said:   i emailed them and got a coupon.

I'm going to give this a shot too. It can't hurt.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014