• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
4 - 20oz. bottles of Chevron Techron concentrated fuel system cleaner for $9.39 net.
Regular price is around $12-13 each.
They're on sale for $6.99 at Advance Auto Parts. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/produ...
Use promo code A124 to get $10 off $30. I also bought some Peak -25* deicer windshield fluid for $2.49, to get it over $30.00.
Use the Buy 2 get 1 free rebate coupon, found at autobarn (but doesn't say it has to be bought at autobarn). Good for 2 per household. http://198.173.64.150/rebate/chevron/techron-rebate.pdf

So, $27.96(sale price for 4) - $9.18(allocated part of $10 off $30 purchase) - $9.39(rebate) = $9.39.

It's not as good as the free offer a few years back, but it's still cheap.
Stocking stuffers for your gearhead friends.

Member Summary

Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
DEAD DEAL
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP! Have my order in at my local store and rebate printed. Nice find.

Ah I don't have an Advance Auto Parts near me. Shipping is 9.98.

Good deal, OP, but please add "after MIR" in title.

Your math seems wrong, wouldn't it be:

+ 6.99
* 4.00 (bottles)
---------------
+ 27.96
- 10.00 (minus coupon A124)
---------------
+ 17.96
- 6.99 (minus rebate since the rebate is up to 12.99 and since the bottles here only cost 6.99 they would only rebate you 6.99?)
---------------
+ 10.97 (Total+tax)

Okay, I put "MIR" in title.

I admit the math is a little wonky because they allocate part of the $10 off $30 to the windshield fluid. I'll try to fix my numbers.
And you can use the rebate twice per household, so it's $4.65 per bottle (times 2), for a total of $9.39. I think the "up to $12.99", means up to $12.99 per bottle.

Do you to have to go to Auto Barn for rebate? Can you just print out the attached pdf?
Thsanks

The linked rebate pdf is from autobarn.

Short answer... yes?

Umm...I think the rebate is Buy 2 get 1 Free, NOT Buy 2 get 2 Free. Yes, it's limit 2 per household, but I read that to mean that you can buy 2 get 1 free twice per household.

The deal works for one of my friends. I'll share it.

Fuel additives can cause more harm than good. How do you know if your fuel system needs cleaned, and how do you know if cleaning it made any difference? In other words, why spend $9 on something you may not need, may not make any positive difference, and may end up costing you more in the long run?

This rebate form is a bit vague. It could mean we have to buy three for each offer. Buy 2 and they will rebate you the price of the third. Its not Buy one, get one free which would only need 2 to purchase.

So I started to feel bad that I may have given wrong information...
So I called the number on the rebate form and spoke with Jenna. She said it is a, buy 2 get the price of 1 back in the form of a rebate. And she said that you could send both rebate forms in 1 envelope, and you can use an online receipt that shows the purchase of 4. If Jenna gave me wrong information, please let us know,
Hope this clears it up... and in my defense, the rebate form is vague.

ps. Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner is consistently one of the best rated and reviewed cleaners, up there with seafoam and redline. I use it to clean out the fuel system of my bike. I suspect most will use it for gunked up bikes, snowmachines, boat engines, and other post-winterized vehicles. I think that's why it's on sale, and why some will want to buy multiples of Techron.

Some of the biggest car companies in the world recommend Techron..

Buy 7 bottles and a small filler item and use coupon code es123 for 20$ off 50$..

Then give the MIR a try for as much as you can get..

Even if you don,t go for the MIR, your down to a little more than 4 bucks a bottle..

I got my rebate yesterday. I bought 4, got check for retail price of 2.

Got my rebate for 25.98, I bought 6, now that's a deal!

I got my rebate too. I deposited it last week and the check was returned unpaid.

Deposited my 25.98 check on 3/25 and now it's returned...

Now need to fight to get the 25.98 back and the returned check fee

fattykokoya said:   Deposited my 25.98 check on 3/25 and now it's returned...

Now need to fight to get the 25.98 back and the returned check fee

I called 1 800 526 3013 about this issue. Spoke to the supervisor there, they say that the file was not sent over to the bank. Later that evening, someone else called me back, they said do not re-deposit the check, new checks were being issued.

I just received a mail (A4 size envelop) today containing a letter from Chevron rebate center and also a re-issued check of the amount.

The letter also said if you were charged a returned check fee, you will fax it in to the number provided.

That was quick! Going to deposit the re-issued check tomorrow.

For those of you who still haven't called, watch for a mail this week. I did call in the morning (before knowing that i would be getting a check from the mail later today) and the girl said she just got the information from us for verification, the check was already re-issued out to all those affected earlier.

i haven't been following this thread and just deposited my $25.98 check today at the atm. i'll have to wait a few days to see if it clears.......

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014