Hilton Up to 50% Off Sale 12/14 - 1/07

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
thanx for the report, always good to know everything - more people should be reporting details like this...

But isn't there a FW rule not to call?

Awesome deal book 2 Nights.
Thank you

tajar96 said:   So, I had two made reservations prior to this sale coming out. 1 was done with points that has since been cancelled and rebooked with the above sale. The second was a non refundable advance purchase for 2 nights, coming to about $340 total incl. tax. With this sale, it is coming to $198. In the spirit of saving more money, I called customer service to see if I could negotiate a price difference or something. After getting transferred with from level to another, the rep was adamant that this was an employee only rate and I would be asked for an id at check in. I was put on hold while they checked something and I waited for about 10 mins before I hung up. Now, I am concerned. I am going to a resort for my anniversary on the first portion and I got a great rate ($465) for an awesome room. Or maybe I should I bite the bullet for $140 odd and let sleeping dogs lie.

Directly from T&C's:
Help us spread the light and warmth of hospitality this holiday season by sharing this special offer with your friends and family.
Hardly sounds like an employee only rate, requiring ID at check in.

It is HIGHLY unlikely that ANY airline or hotel would refund a nonrefundable rate to allow someone to book a better one; best chance is to call the local property to negotiate something better, rather than central reservations.

Wanted to follow up on the concerns about id at check in....we stayed in PDX last night and had booked the room with this sale. We didn't have to provide any kind of special id, weren't even asked and the rate wasn't questioned at all. Thanks again OP, for the lead!

tajar96 said:   So, I had two made reservations prior to this sale coming out. 1 was done with points that has since been cancelled and rebooked with the above sale. The second was a non refundable advance purchase for 2 nights, coming to about $340 total incl. tax. With this sale, it is coming to $198. In the spirit of saving more money, I called customer service to see if I could negotiate a price difference or something. After getting transferred with from level to another, the rep was adamant that this was an employee only rate and I would be asked for an id at check in. I was put on hold while they checked something and I waited for about 10 mins before I hung up. Now, I am concerned. I am going to a resort for my anniversary on the first portion and I got a great rate ($465) for an awesome room. Or maybe I should I bite the bullet for $140 odd and let sleeping dogs lie.

This is one of the primary reasons I avoid prepaid hotel and car rentals. For most properties, the MVP / AAA rate is typically only 10% more than prepaid, off peak, low demand properties will often drop rates as date approaches. Perfect example: we stayed 3 nights at the Elara in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. I was checking the Hilton website to see if the doubletree was taking reservations, noted that the rate for the Elara dropped $20 for Thursday and Friday night - less than the original non-refundable rate, was able to make a new reservation, cancel the old one.

Good to see that the FAF promotion also earns Hhonors points...make sure you are registered for the Q4 promotion (1k pts per night), consider signing up for the Virgin America miles promotion - stackable. We do not fly Virgin, but each mile can be converted to 2 Hhonors points, I have already met the 5k max, will end up with over 40k bonus points for 5 stays. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hhonors/1391518-hhonors-st...

shank - How do you avoid prepaid car rentals ? for hotels, it is a gamble because I was concerned whether rates would go up. They ticked up a bit on the one I was looking at so I booked it to avoid losing more money. Little did I know that the rates would be halved with this sale.

On the Virgin Atlantic promo, do 2 nights in the same reservation count as 1 stay or two stays ?

tajar96 said:   shank - How do you avoid prepaid car rentals ? for hotels, it is a gamble because I was concerned whether rates would go up. They ticked up a bit on the one I was looking at so I booked it to avoid losing more money. Little did I know that the rates would be halved with this sale.

Standard car rentals have no cancellation or no-show penalty. Common practice to make multiple reservations, with different companies, keep checking rates as travel date approaches. Similar situation with hotel rentals, except that most will impose a penalty if the reservation is not cancelled prior to the date - can be anything from 6 pm on the day of arrival to a few days, week prior - check the cancellation policy when booking.

FW Travel forum has threads dedicted to car rentals, good place to start educating yourself.

tajar96 said:   On the Virgin Atlantic promo, do 2 nights in the same reservation count as 1 stay or two stays ?

Read the T&Cs; I am on my way out the door, don't have time now, but believe it clearly states that the miles are per stay, regardless of the number of nights. This has worked well for me, as I take short business trips, typically stay 1-2 nights in each location. Important that your earning profile is set up for points and miles, with the Virgin account number in the profile BEFORE making a reservation. If you already made the reservation, cancel it and make a new one.

man, learn something new everyday. Didn't even know the rental car thread existed, it is not stickied. Thanks Shank.

Wow...Keep these deals coming....Booked tonight at Hilton San Diego overlooking Coronado Bridge for 55 bucks..Kids are loving this deal!!!

Wrapping up my two-day-stay today! Good deal

Thanks for this link. Unfortunately, I didn't read it until the day of my stay. Originally had a room booked for 20K points + $80. Rate via the link was about $90 (no points). Called Hilton generic number to try to cancel and re-book. No dice. Called the desk of the Hilton I was planning to stay at -- and they were nice enough to cancel without penalty. Then re-booked over the web. Saved me 20K points!

Oh well, too late for me. Booked yesterday with advanced purchase rate, non-refundable.

I don't see anything on their website mentioning that this is only for Friends and Family and it looks like the promotion has been advertised on a lot of websites.
Has anyone else called the Customer Service to check this? I reserved non-refundable nights and I am a little concerned now....

Omze said:   I don't see anything on their website mentioning that this is only for Friends and Family and it looks like the promotion has been advertised on a lot of websites.
Has anyone else called the Customer Service to check this? I reserved non-refundable nights and I am a little concerned now....

Your post does not really make sense. If you reserved non-refundable nights then you did not use the rate mentioned here.

Rule #1 "DO NOT CALL"

Thanks, OP. Great deal. Booked 2 reservations for 2 nights each. Saved about $400. Checked in for the first one tonight with no problem.

Terrific deal. Got a last minute room in NYC for under $250 -- next best I could find at a comparable hotel was $350.

EDIT: this deal just got better for me -- rate dropped to $139.00 to stay in a King bed in Manhattan on a Saturday night. That's insanely cheap. If I could give OP and even greener rating I would.

Back from my 2 hotel stays. No questions asked at either hotel for the ID for the Thank You Rate. Great deal OP

Any idea how to book if I need 12/30 to 1/2? I was thinking of making 3 separate reservations - with the 12/31 being at regular price (with whatever discounts I can otherwise find). Anybody see issues with this at time of checkin? Thanks for the help.

No issues at the hotel end.

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club

On my second stay now, at the much mentioned San Francisco Hilton Union Square. No problems whatsoever on the rate. Definitely a great deal!

homosapien said:   Any idea how to book if I need 12/30 to 1/2? I was thinking of making 3 separate reservations - with the 12/31 being at regular price (with whatever discounts I can otherwise find). Anybody see issues with this at time of checkin? Thanks for the help.

Biggest risk is that they ask you to move once or twice; I would call the property, tell them you made multiple reservations, would like to stay in the same room throughout.

So did anyone get asked for an employee ID?

Thanks OP for the great post. I set up my dad while he was visiting us in town over the holiday for half what he would have paid at the hampton inn, and my mom is right now enjoying her Christmas present at the embassy suites in Destin (which was a mere $57/night). No one asked either for ID, and I witnessed my mom's check-in,so I know it went perfectly smoothly.

I stayed last night using this offer. No questions on check in and hhonors points in my account this morning. Thanks!

Booked two nights in MA with free breakfast buffet. Thanks OP.

FatWalker said:   tajar96 said:   So, I had two made reservations prior to this sale coming out. 1 was done with points that has since been cancelled and rebooked with the above sale. The second was a non refundable advance purchase for 2 nights, coming to about $340 total incl. tax. With this sale, it is coming to $198. In the spirit of saving more money, I called customer service to see if I could negotiate a price difference or something. After getting transferred with from level to another, the rep was adamant that this was an employee only rate and I would be asked for an id at check in. I was put on hold while they checked something and I waited for about 10 mins before I hung up. Now, I am concerned. I am going to a resort for my anniversary on the first portion and I got a great rate ($465) for an awesome room. Or maybe I should I bite the bullet for $140 odd and let sleeping dogs lie.

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club

Yes, I know. I know. I was kicking myself too, but could not resist the opportunity to save another $140 or so. Once I was unsuccessful with customer service I actually spoke to the hotel directly. They were nice enough to put flowers in the room and deliver a champagne bottle with a fruit plate to try to make up for the difference. In the end, no IDs were asked for so it worked out great.

Best was getting upgraded to a full frontal ocean view room in the first stay at a waldorf astoria Resort for $124.50 a night. Thanks again OP!

Thanks got double tree Hilton head in PA.....hah.. $49

Sitting in our hotel right now. No problems at check in. Thanks OP!

Using it right now in Lake Tahoe, Nevada. It came very handy. No questions asked about the discount. TY OP!

Using it right now with no problems at check in. Bill under the door reflects the savings. Great deal for a room in Minnesota! Thanks!!!!

For anyone that has got a pending stay till 7 Jan - 1 Q 2013 Promo

Deals seem meh to me, $86/night at hampton inn nowhere near 50% off regular rates.

The link says up to 50% off. embassy suites, Conrad were 50 off. I believe Hampton and Hilton garden were only 30 off.

cpabster said:   Deals seem meh to me, $86/night at hampton inn nowhere near 50% off regular rates.

To each his own. Personally, this deal saved me close to $500 on my resort stay in Puerto Rico right before Christmas.

tajar96 said:   cpabster said:   Deals seem meh to me, $86/night at hampton inn nowhere near 50% off regular rates.

To each his own. Personally, this deal saved me close to $500 on my resort stay in Puerto Rico right before Christmas.

Yep. This deal saved me a legit 50% off at an upcoming Hilton stay.

Just got back from the San Antonio Hilton resort and spa and only paid $52 a night, The going rate was way over $100 a night!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014