• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
WalMart has the Nook Simple Touch for $79 including a free $30 gift card with purchase.

My local WalMart did not advertise the deal in store and the employees had no clue it existed, but if you have the cashier ring up the Nook it tells them to scan a bonus $30 gift card. Saw it in my local ad, you can check yours out online.

http://localad.walmart.com

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nook Simple Touch (85.25kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

simple touch (14.34kB)
Thanks promyst
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Thanks OP

Is this just for reading?

yesidonoitall said:   Is this just for reading?

You can root it and get Android running on it.

RE:
My local WalMart did not advertise the deal in store and the employees had no clue it existed

Typical of the lax training for the workers at WM
It is in the ad in Sundays paper and should available be at the entrance to WM
I have had them delay the checkout when an item rings low, they seem to want to call Sam himself to verify it
Just take my money and let me go with the thing..

yesidonoitall said:   
I have had them delay the checkout when an item rings low, they seem to want to call Sam himself to verify it

Funny you should mention that. When I asked for the $30 gift card before they rang it up they said they had to call a "CSM" to verify the deal. After 15 minutes of standing around waiting for the "CSM" to show up, one of the three employees staring at the Nook said "how about we try and ring it up, see if the system says to include the gift card?" After a round of agreement, they did just that and it worked.

As my Nook was getting bagged, another customer walked up to the register next to me and had a music CD rung up. It came up to $1.97 and the employee manning the register says, "Hey guys, this CD is ringing up as $1.97?" "Oh, you better call up a CSM to verify that". I couldn't help but laugh.

On another FW forum there is the talk of the
AT&T GoPhone for $9.99 at Best Buy
With BB ad in hand, to get this one WM guy to PM required him to go over the ad with a fine tooth comb.
BB ad say
TOTAL SAVINGS $10.00, this WM guy said that means there is a rebate and we do not match rebate items....
The BB mentioned no rebate.
Total paranoia and the PM TV ads make it look so simple, it anything but.

what level of android were they able to root this to? This has wifi? I'm thinking the descrip says no.

Jlovey2 said:   what level of android were they able to root this to? This has wifi? I'm thinking the descrip says no.

Android 2.1

Yes, this does have WiFi

Picked up 2 today at WalMart, used the first $30 giftcard on my second purchase.

Use the $10 bonus on $100 certificate towards your nook info here or do as I did and use your $30 giftcard to buy the $100 and get an extra $10

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014