Best Buy iPhone 5 only for 149.99

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Maybe they are really going out of business. Not sure why they are doing this, but surely its a hot a deal.

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

iPhone 5 (38.10kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Hurry, Target has the same deal as BestBuy. Today, Jan.5th, is the last day.
In my area, Best Buy and WalMart are out o... (more)

kdjl1 (Jan. 05, 2013 @ 8:04p) |

whats your area? of course you must also sign up for a plan??? i prefer a phone with no plan.

OliverQuackenbush (Jan. 05, 2013 @ 8:31p) |

These deals may not go away. I don't have links right now, but suppliers for apple said they have dramatically cut order... (more)

outtawhack (Jan. 05, 2013 @ 9:05p) |

With 2-yr contract

get 5000 rewards points ($100 Gift Card)- here
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

PS: dont forget theres a %1.5 Cash Back for Best Buy purchase

$50 off across the board. Don't think it has anything to do with their longevity.

Should've gotten this instead of the god forsaken AT&T refurb deal. They really made me work for that one on the phone for hours fixing their damn fiasco to save $50. I wonder, does BB charge tax on the purchase amount or the theoretical entire subsidized amount of the phone?

Another $100 gift card on top by doing this http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1242451/

I dunno if iphone5 is eligible or not but worth a shot for those planning to jump on this anyway

that depends on the state, not the retailer

Really? $699 for a phone and people question whether Best Buy is going out of business?

There are plenty of reasons to think that, but this isn't one of them.

Best Buy makes a Huge profit signing people up for contracts. That's evident by the $550 difference if you don't want the 2 year contract.

Best Buy (And Toys R Us) has also been selling Xbox 360 systems worth $200, for only $100 if you sign up for a bogus 2 year contract with Microsoft.

i just got it yesterday for 25 off, can i go back to get the difference?

Titleist735 said:   i just got it yesterday for 25 off, can i go back to get the difference?

refund yesterdays and place an new order

the deal cannot be achieved in my state

there isn't an asterisk big enough...

Does anyone know why the tax is so much? It's more than on the apple website. I'm getting charged $67.01 at Best Buy vs $56.79 at Apple.

kris10 said:   Does anyone know why the tax is so much? It's more than on the apple website. I'm getting charged $67.01 at Best Buy vs $56.79 at Apple.

Based on the retailers full price if you live in California or inventory carrying cost if you live in Nevada or Massachusetts. All other 42 states that charge sales tax treat this as a normal transaction and you pay sales tax on the price you pay.

Should put 2 year contract in title. No way are they offering this price without suckering you into paying for some overpriced monthly fee.

Edit: Even says when you go to the site "*With new 2-year contract" under the $149 price.

My advice is find out what monthly they're suckering you into before you even consider it.

If you did the $25 Gift Card with in-store pickup what about a price match:

BestBuy.com Price Match Guarantee:
If you find a lower price on BestBuy.com or in a Best Buy Retail Store for the same brand and model during the exchange and return period, we will match that price. For purchases made on BestBuy.com, we will not match our competitors' store or website prices.

The BestBuy.com Price Match Guarantee does not apply to Best Buy Retail stores or BestBuy.com for:

•Offers that include shipping charge discounts, gift with purchase, services, financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers and online only offers.
•Items that are limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, Outlet Center, refurbished/used, and items for sale Thanksgiving day through the Saturday after Thanksgiving

well i can just return and re buy it.....

wouldn't buy it for $100 or $400. GS3 is much better phone and so happy with it.

sherap2 said:   wouldn't buy it for $100 or $400. GS3 is much better phone and so happy with it.

Even better is the international edition unlocked. Gotta love that quad core cpu and no contracts.

sherap2 said:   wouldn't buy it for $100 or $400. GS3 is much better phone and so happy with it.
Come out of cave!

usr8054 said:   Another $100 gift card on top by doing this http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1242451/

I dunno if iphone5 is eligible or not but worth a shot for those planning to jump on this anyway

That deals thru bb mobile. You get mobile rewards, whatever that is.

I want to get an iphone 5 off contract. It looks better to sign up for this deal (total in cart after tax is $211.26) and cancel and pay the EFT (EFT of $325 plus half a month of the $60 monthly service for $30) for a total of about $566.26. Buying straight from the Apple Store off contract, the total after tax is $704.17.

Am I missing something here, or is that the better way to get the iphone 5 off contract? This does not include the 5000 Reward Zone points or the 1.5% Fat Wallet Cash Back, which either or both would make this even better.

Help me Obi-Wan.....

kuroukage said:   sherap2 said:   wouldn't buy it for $100 or $400. GS3 is much better phone and so happy with it.

Even better is the international edition unlocked. Gotta love that quad core cpu and no contracts.

Even better is the Nexus 4 if you don't need a micro SD slot and don't care about the non quick swap battery. The note 2 is another show stopper. Gotta love all the choices.

Great deal and great phone. Iphone is still going strong and still number 1. I just borrowed for couple days all top Korean phones from friends and here is no comparison, iphone has
Best form factor
Best screen
Best camera
Best features set
Best call quality
Fastest
And best software selection

KPACOTKA said:   Great deal and great phone. Iphone is still going strong and still number 1. I just borrowed for couple days all top Korean phones from friends and here is no comparison, iphone has
Best form factor
Best screen
Best camera
Best features set
Best call quality
Fastest
And best software selection

How do you come up with such a conclusion on features?

jkamra2 said:   I want to get an iphone 5 off contract. It looks better to sign up for this deal (total in cart after tax is $211.26) and cancel and pay the EFT (EFT of $325 plus half a month of the $60 monthly service for $30) for a total of about $566.26. Buying straight from the Apple Store off contract, the total after tax is $704.17.

Am I missing something here, or is that the better way to get the iphone 5 off contract? This does not include the 5000 Reward Zone points or the 1.5% Fat Wallet Cash Back, which either or both would make this even better.

Help me Obi-Wan.....

Unlocked and off contract are not the same thing so it depends on what you're purposes are. If you just don't want to be in a contract, that's fine but it doesn't mean the phone is internationally compatible nor is it interchangeable between providers. They all work at different frequencies & protocols.

Just paid 199.00 at Att store. Can Att price match and refund $50.00?

rojs01 said:   Just paid 199.00 at Att store. Can Att price match and refund $50.00?

Would not hurt trying. Probably they would PM.

now, is there a nice case for it?

Att could not price match as it was purchased at different retail.They would if credit the difference if ATT store would run the sale. Oh well, it was worth of try.

Awesome deal! just upgraded to the iphone5 for the $149 price with 5000 bonus reward points which equals $100
Thanks!!

Nooooo. I jumped on the $25 gift card deal in-store yesterday. It took SO long that I don't know if I feel like dealing with a return/re-buy online. At least I can get the $50 price match back...

Is it possible to buy iPhone 5 as an upgrade (the account is upgrade-eligible) but not activate it until Dec 25? I would like to give it as a gift to replace the current phone on the account, but I still need the current phone to keep functioning through Dec 24

Insane deal ordered mine last night 49.99 after sale and certificates. Thanks soooooooooo much!!!

wife is still using a 3gs wants to get the iphone 5 never dealt with anyone but the att store would my plan stay the same and prices be the same or does best buy pull some crap and your monthly rates go up or some extra fees? Is there an activation fee thru best buy? I saw online we are eligible for upgrade at 199 with no service fees in final checkout at att store, I use a 3gs too might even look into it for me too, but I guess I was just worried BB might be adding other stuff into the deal and I would be stuck for 2 yrs paying more than I already do now. Have to calll att see if they will price match, I would do it in store if they will.

jkamra2 said:   I want to get an iphone 5 off contract. It looks better to sign up for this deal (total in cart after tax is $211.26) and cancel and pay the EFT (EFT of $325 plus half a month of the $60 monthly service for $30) for a total of about $566.26. Buying straight from the Apple Store off contract, the total after tax is $704.17.

Help me Obi-Wan.....

$60 monthly service? Not with verizon... That will run you $90 ($40 phone + $50 1gb data under share everything). Also, not sure if you can actually get the monthly fee prorated back. Finally, it depends on how you plan on using your phone off contract. LTE frequencies vary depending on the carrier.

v1rok said:   Is it possible to buy iPhone 5 as an upgrade (the account is upgrade-eligible) but not activate it until Dec 25? I would like to give it as a gift to replace the current phone on the account, but I still need the current phone to keep functioning through Dec 24

I don't know if Best Buy can do it but last week I purchased an HTC One X+ from an AT&T store and they "future activated" the phone. I have the phone now but it won't be activated and the billing cycle won't start until Dec 22nd.

adkhighpeaks said:   Awesome deal! just upgraded to the iphone5 for the $149 price with 5000 bonus reward points which equals $100
Thanks!!

the 5K points is 'best buy mobile solution points' - anyone know what this is about? Also, that deal seems to be only thru best buy mobile - they did lower the price to $150.

v1rok said:   Is it possible to buy iPhone 5 as an upgrade (the account is upgrade-eligible) but not activate it until Dec 25? I would like to give it as a gift to replace the current phone on the account, but I still need the current phone to keep functioning through Dec 24

Yesterday in-store I overheard someone doing this... they just set the activation date in the system. Not sure if there were carrier restrictions or not.

I also bought the iphone5 Saturday with the $25 gift card they were offering. I called the store and they will price match down to the $149.99. They could however take away the $25 gift card (I used it to pay for the phone and Zaag cover). So, it could turn into a $25 savings if they take it back. Still probably worth it though. Problem is I'm 60 miles away from a Best Buy. It costs $25 in gas there and back with gas at $3.10 so overall it might not be worth my time if they take back the $25 gift card.

Skipping 108 Messages...
These deals may not go away. I don't have links right now, but suppliers for apple said they have dramatically cut orders for 2013 based on weaker than expected demand. I think there is still a glut of inventory and they are rushing to clear then out.

Another rumor with credibility is the next iPhone will be released much earlier this year given the challenges suppliers have gearing up for September launches.

Bottom line I wouldnt be rushing to target tonight.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014