Best Buy iPhone 5 only for 149.99

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
Can this deal be gotten in person? Or online only?

derrickjon said:   Can this deal be gotten in person? Or online only?

For the phone deal only, you can do that in person. If you want to combine it with the 5000 reward zone points, you can only do that through Best Buy mobile, order online pickup at a best buy mobile store.

Ordered upgrade last night and just picked up phone from Best Buy Mobile Store. Kept plan and data the same but noticed a couple of things - receipt showed change in data plan, same price but looks like the iPhone 5 on AT&T has it's own dataplan names. Also, the pick up receipt showed the full price $199 + tax. The guy at the store said there was an error with online orders and that Best Buy will be crediting accounts that were overcharged. Will need to check my credit card account to make sure it goes through correctly. Now just got to wait until next month for the $100 in rewards.

Be careful. I picked up the iPhone in-store and my in-store receipt showed $211 ($199 + tax on discount price), my email receipt showed $209 ($149 + tax on retail price), and my card got charged $160 & another $130. I have no idea which charges are actually going to be valid.

Just ordered the phone thru rewardzone mobile link. Phone was $149 (Best Buy's price) plus I get 5000 in points ($100) effectively making the phone $49 which was too good to pass up.

I am a bit skeptical on how I can convert those rewardzone mobile points to just regular rewardzone points. I am going to clarify that when I pick up the phone. I don't want to be stuck with $100 of RZ Mobile points that I can online spend on Mobile items.

Has anyone done this yet?

Also, I've heard rumors of a 5S coming out in early 2013... any legitimate articles out there?

Edit: You could also sweeten this deal with an extra 5% off if you use your Chase freedom Card. Not sure if it will qualify though as this was an online rewardzone purchase.

Radio Shack just told me that starting immediately, they will be price matching BB and selling their iphone 5 at $149.99. Since I just bought one from them yesterday for $180, I was told to come in and they'll "price match!" Good Luck!

Went back to $199.99 at rewardzonemobile.com ,but still shows $149.99 at bestbuy.com

Reward zone mobile shows the price at 199.00. Any way to get it for 150 and get the reward points?

derrickjon said:   Reward zone mobile shows the price at 199.00. Any way to get it for 150 and get the reward points?
Has anyone tried buying for instore pickup. Complete the transaction, then go back and have them price match their own price? The only problem I could see is that they could cancel the 5000 points with a re-ring.

why would they change the price overnight on the iphone 5! what a *** scam!

BBM won't PM - they claim they already have a promo. You do get 'mobile rewards points' and CLAIM you can use them as regular rewards points. But I smell BS... They are an independent company. My guess is someone yesterday made a mistake in lowering that price...

So it's back to $150 and potentially 10% CB via shop discover... Was actually ready to do it last night when the site crashed and then price went up.

just tried to see if I could order and the system is all jacked up now. keep getting an error message about adding a phone plan...even though one is picked.

Yeah, there is simply no explanation as to what the mobile reward points are worth. It's weird because this page tells you what the normal points are worth dollar wise, but not wha the mobile points are worth dollar wise. It's a bit fishy. https://rewardzonemobile.com/promo_details.php?deviceId=2161

I can understand nt combining deals though and I'll probably go with the 50 off instead of the reward some points unless I can find some better explanation as to their value in dollars.

There was another promo this last weekend for $25 for iPhone 5. Once apple found out Bout it, they demanded best buy to kill that promo. So best buy responded with a $50 promo instead. Apple can kill this $50 promo at any time as well so it most likely wont last till Jan xx whenever they said it would.

barkbridge said:   why would they change the price overnight on the iphone 5! what a *** scam!

barkbridge said:   why would they change the price overnight on the iphone 5! what a *** scam!

You think they should only change the price while the sun is up?

Promotion (52.25kB)
Disclaimer
derrickjon said:   Yeah, there is simply no explanation as to what the mobile reward points are worth. It's weird because this page tells you what the normal points are worth dollar wise, but not wha the mobile points are worth dollar wise. It's a bit fishy. https://rewardzonemobile.com/promo_details.php?deviceId=2161

That is unless you count the huge banner describing the promotion that says the points are worth $100.

Too bad it's 2 year contract but I bought it anyway. Otherwise I wouldn't pay $700-$800 for a phone. Thanks so much!

classicmac said:   derrickjon said:   Yeah, there is simply no explanation as to what the mobile reward points are worth. It's weird because this page tells you what the normal points are worth dollar wise, but not wha the mobile points are worth dollar wise. It's a bit fishy. https://rewardzonemobile.com/promo_details.php?deviceId=2161

That is unless you count the huge banner describing the promotion that says the points are worth $100.

Touché... but why the separation of the every day and bonus points? Are there additional restrictions on how they are spent?

Edit: I am going to try to answer with assumptions my own question based on additional reading I have done. It seems like bonus points are just Best Buy's way of giving you more points over what you would normally earn. Silver members and those with credit cards also earn bonus points just on regular purchases. Nowhere on the site does it say they convert to certificates differently, etc.

That being said, the reward zone deal seems much better than the $50 off deal? I am also buying two phones, and it added the bonus points for both phones, so a total of $200 in reward certificates vs a total of $100 in immediate savings.

Am I wrong here in my thinking?

Anyone with Verizon pick one of these up yet. According to all the verizon reps you must change plans but with the phone in my cart at BB it appears that my plan won't change. Very confusing, seems that every store has different rules. Also checked with my local verizon store and they will not price match. I already have a 30 dollar credit, can't believe they can't kick in 20 bucks for a long term customer. Guy on the phone said they could maybe throw in a case. Really? Tempted to go to RadioShack but my expriences with Customer service there have always been extremely painful and time consuming. Any advise or would be great.

derrickjon said:   classicmac said:   derrickjon said:   Yeah, there is simply no explanation as to what the mobile reward points are worth. It's weird because this page tells you what the normal points are worth dollar wise, but not wha the mobile points are worth dollar wise. It's a bit fishy. https://rewardzonemobile.com/promo_details.php?deviceId=2161

Touché... but why the separation of the every day and bonus points? Are there additional restrictions on how they are spent?

Edit: I am going to try to answer with assumptions my own question based on additional reading I have done. It seems like bonus points are just Best Buy's way of giving you more points over what you would normally earn. Silver members and those with credit cards also earn bonus points just on regular purchases. Nowhere on the site does it say they convert to certificates differently, etc.

That being said, the reward zone deal seems much better than the $50 off deal? I am also buying two phones, and it added the bonus points for both phones, so a total of $200 in reward certificates vs a total of $100 in immediate savings.

Am I wrong here in my thinking?

I'm not a rewards zone member, I just did it for the Cash Back. I actually bought the iphone 5 Saturday for $199.99 (got a $25 gift card and used that to pay). I took my receipt back last night and got the $50 back as well b/c they're priced matched the $149.99. So, overall I saved $75 and tax (b/c I got $53.62 back). So those that bought the iphone5 with that $25 gift card probably got the best deal if reward zone doesn't matter to them. I'd rather have that money off than have to spend more money at Best Buy with the rewards zone. So it's just whatever works best for that individual. Actual thought does need to happen as to what they want, if they want money back, if they have another purchase at Best Buy to make to use reward zone for, etc. If you just walk in, buy a phone and leave---you're probably going to be going back for some kind of credit/change if you don't do your homework.

I went ahead with the Reward Zone route. I don't shop at Best Buy as much as I used to, and I never thought I'd buy a phone through them, but I also don't think I will have any problem finding something to buy with the reward zone points.

"Not available for shipping"

I have a Best Buy near me and I want to upgrade my old iPhone 4. I suspect from reading previous post, that this will work b&m. I have only ever bought a phone from AT&T directly. Haven't had the courage to pull the trigger via reseller. Any tips for me?

808Kid said:   "Not available for shipping"

I have a Best Buy near me and I want to upgrade my old iPhone 4. I suspect from reading previous post, that this will work b&m. I have only ever bought a phone from AT&T directly. Haven't had the courage to pull the trigger via reseller. Any tips for me?

My two cents--find a Best Buy Mobile (if you have a nearby mall). Those are always much less busier than normal Best Buys and I find them more helpful and friendlier than Best Buy stores (not sure why). At Best Buy you'll pay $149.99 for the iphone5, then your on next ATT bill you'll have to pay the upgrade fee of $36. Your bill will also be prorated if you're changing mid-bill.

If you want to go to an ATT store, print out Best Buy's webpage and ask for a price match via ATT. If they say no, go to Best Buy I guess.

If you want something else from Best Buy look thoroughly at the rewards zone, upgrade your iphone online and get those bonuses if you're upgrade is just a simple, one line upgrade without changing anything.

Yes, if the line is already eligible for the upgrade, they will activate the Iphone 5 now and then immediately inactivate it and reactivate the old phone. I did it yesterday on my son's line because it is a gift for him.

DJ

if u're with AT&T call their retention department 800-331-0500. I told them best buy is offering iphone 5 for $149.99 and on top of that offering rewards worth $100, so in effect their price is $49.99. They won't price match because they can't discount the iphone 5 beyond the $199 that they are offering it for, but, they gave me a $100 one time discount and a credit of $5 for 12 months, so works out to $40 for the iphone 5 with 2 year upgrade contract.

ilike2win2009 said:   if u're with AT&T call their retention department 800-331-0500. I told them best buy is offering iphone 5 for $149.99 and on top of that offering rewards worth $100, so in effect their price is $49.99. They won't price match because they can't discount the iphone 5 beyond the $199 that they are offering it for, but, they gave me a $100 one time discount and a credit of $5 for 12 months, so works out to $40 for the iphone 5 with 2 year upgrade contract.

Did anyone else have any luck with this? I am within the 30 day return period with AT&T and it was a no go for me.

I had a friend who had pre-ordered his iphone 5 to pick it up on the first day available at Best Buy. A representative then informed him that they did not receive any because the local Apple Store took the ones designated for Best Buy. Perhaps in order to compensate for this Apple decided to allow Best Buy to offer a discount once supply was on par with demand.

Just got off the verizon chat line. Can't believe they wouldn't price match a measly twenty bucks off my upgrade discount to price match. Guess I'll take a shot at going to the shack tomorrow to pick one up since no BB in town.

Will it become even lower?

lordoffire said:   there isn't an asterisk big enough...
if you had a brain you'd know this would be with contract. i love all the people who come to phone threads to cry "WITH 2-YEAR CONTRACT! WAHHHH!! YOU DIDN'T PUT IT IN THE TITLE! I THOUGHT I COULD ACTUALLY GET THIS HIGH END PHONE FOR SO LITTLE WITH NO CONTRACT! MY DREAMS ARE SHATTERED!"
hell, even if it was in the title people would still complain. lol.

Deal is showing up as $249 now :/

Reps for OP. In for 2. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger yesterday for the rewards zone deal..this is killer for Xmas!!
Merry Merry
Snessie
P.S. I just noticed the post above me and I just did the $149 deal for 2 VZW iPhone 5's @ $149 in So. Cal. no problem.

does anyone know when the rewards points will be posted?

Probably not until at least the return period has passed (I believe on phones with BB it's 30 days)

Moocher said:   I have Sprint with SERO plan but want to upgrade to SERO premium for the iPhone. But, as far as I know, BestBuy can't handle SERO account upgrades. Any people with SERO experience know if Sprint would price-match this and which number or method to contact for the best chance of this?

Collinong, did you ever get an answer yet as I'd like to know as well?

I still am using SERO and tried to upgrade at Best Buy for the 4s when BB had a promo of upgrade your phone in 2012 and get $100 off the purchase of a new smart phone (I think that was the deal). They told me, after an hour of calling different reps at Sprint, that the only way for SERO customers to get upgrades was to deal straight through Sprint.

I called Sprint to do my upgrade and asked if they would match the promo that BB had and they essentially scoffed at me and fed me some line about SERO lines already being so discounted, there was no way they'd come down on the price of the device. It was lame, but I got the phone anyway, and have loved it ever since.

So to answer your question, Sprint did not price match for me on a SERO plan, but it's always worth trying. You essentially never know what kind of rep you're going to get. Just don't be bummed out when you realize you've wasted an hour or more of your life to get to the same conclusion I came to.

ok, I am the sucker that got the iPhone for DW less than 2 weeks ago from the AT&T store. Oh well, atleast the wife is happy. This is a good deal for sure.

hi,

I'm not eligable for an upgrade yet, but I was thinking about this idea:

1. buy from this deal ( I'd get the $249 - 32 gigabyte version )
2. get the rewards points
3. cancel the service and I'll pay the $350 ETF (early termination fee)

Would I be able to keep the $100 rewards points?

Then I would activate this phone on my current plan to replace my old iPhone

thanks everyone.

I was able to get AT&T to give me a $100 credit for the 2 iphone 5's I just bought (as a price match -$50 each unit). Took 3 times but worth it, just dial 611 on the handheld and cross your fingers.

Will give it a shot tonight.

we called bestbuy mobile and a rep told us we can't pricematch bestbuy.com's price of $149.99 if we bought from best buy mobile. We'll try in store when we go to pick one up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014