• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Deal of the Day
Today only, save $50 on Kindle Fire HD 8.9". Enter promotional code FIREHD89 at checkout.

If you want to order it Without Special Offers + $15

Limit one discount per customer. U.S. customers only. Discount valid on all versions of Kindle Fire HD 8.9 sold and shipped by Amazon. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers. Amazon reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. Promo codes may not be combined with other offers. If you return items purchased using a promo code, we will subtract the value of the discount from your return credit. Offer not valid with 1-Click ordering. Void where prohibited.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks got my $50.00 credit for the one I order last Friday and I another $50.00 for another one I just purchased.

zolo (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 11:38p) |

In for one. Thanks a lot.

hoki00 (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 12:32a) |

Im with this guy or gal

techtim (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 1:21a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Still have one in the box, but they refused to just apply the code to that order. So I ordered another one and will return the first...

Yuck...I bought it 2 weeks ago at full price.....this sucks Kinda makes you wonder what is the point of pre-ordering if they will drop the price 2 weeks later and screw you.

I love my current Kindle fire HD 8.9, but when I visited the Apple Store and held the iPad mini...oh my. The sheer weight of that thing blew me away. I am probably not going to switch to mini just because of the screen resolution (lack of HD) but I wish I *could* switch to something lighter, the Kindle HD feels like a rock now lol

I am actually on the fence about all Three Nexus, iPad Mini and Kindle Fire Hd. Each has its own pros and cons. Price point is either Kindle/Nexus 7. Style in market dominence as well as functionality goes to Mini. However, the mini no being HD is a big con IMO. This sale pushes me towards the KF HD. I think If I could walk into a local store with al three avaialble I would grab the mini. But since my financial options rely greatly with Amazon (more ways to pay) I am partial to this deal.

In a nutshell, I know it has been discussed. Which one is the best way to go for the next 10-13 months?

God I love Amazon!

Wait for it....

Apple fanboys will be along any minute to compare, and to tell us how much better theirs is...

3
2
1...

Bought one for a present a couple of weeks ago. Amazon won't just give me a credit for an unopened 8.9. Looks like I will return it then and re-order. Or get something else instead from another store. I don't like when companies can't be flexible for a simple fix like this.

ZombieHunter said:   Wait for it....

Apple fanboys will be along any minute to compare, and to tell us how much better theirs is...

3
2
1...


No go, I poured all apple juice down the drain. They will fall like rocks.

In for 1, used $300 Amazon gift card I got for $250 from HEB on last weeks deal. Love it when a plan comes together.

If I'd be shelling out $249, I'd go w/the Nexus7 32gb for the same price.

dang it. Just bought the Kindle HD for $215 locally. Can't return it now.

just ordered one...note that this does NOT stack with the 10% discount that was e-mailed to many, i tried...

Yes they all have their pros and cons.
You could wait another 6 months for updates on these products.

But as for now I will choose iPad mini and sell it when the Retina screen version come out.
However for you guys when pricing matters, KF HD sounds good.

wwdme said:   If I'd be shelling out $249, I'd go w/the Nexus7 32gb for the same price.

I agree that the Nexus 7 is a wonderful device, but the screen on this is much larger.

thanks, my order total w/Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers
and Amazon Kindle PowerFast for Accelerated Charging (not included with device, for use with the new Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD models)

$19.99

$299.00


Order Total: $287.65

How are all those HP tablets from last year doing now?

Was on the fence, but got the email last night. In for 1, thanks OP

germanpope said:   How are all those HP tablets from last year doing now?

Over a year later, mine is actually still working fine, but I am running the stock OS, not Cyanogenmod. Of course it is woefully under-supported, but if you don't care about having an app store or media store, it's worth it for the price I paid (32GB for $150). of course it has no cell radio (3G/4G/LTE reception is not possible), and the screen is low-resolution (1024x768) compared to contemporary offerings. but last I checked it could still play videos from Amazon's instant streaming in its web browser. The PDF viewer is not feature-rich, but it's functional. Skype video chat still works fine. so it still meets most of my needs, but I'd be lying if I said I don't want something better. But more than that, I don't want to spend hundreds more.

germanpope said:   How are all those with HP tablets from last year doing now?

Fixed it.

I like Amazon as a company ... but I am not getting married to them or anyone else ... and I don't want to tinker with Android

I will wait for a Intel Haswell based W8 tablet in 2013

I called in to Amazon and was able to get a $50 credit issued back to me. Tried to say I was outside the 30 day because I pre-ordered. But I said I didn't recieve it until novemeber. She put me on hold and came back and said a credit will be issued.


A Message from Amazon.com Customer Service‏

















10:52 AM






Reply ▼















Amazon.com Customer Service

















Add to contacts
To



































Hello,

I've requested a refund of $50.00 to your Amazon.com Store Card ****.

You'll see the refund on your Amazon.com Store Card statement in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll also be able to see the refund request here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html?orderID=002-1484...

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A1FVS8BQ25SSSP&k=hy

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A1FVS8BQ25SSSP&k=hn




Best regards,

Abigail A

I still like my $299 32G Transformer Prime better.

jbigboote said:   germanpope said:   How are all those HP tablets from last year doing now?

Over a year later, mine is actually still working fine, but I am running the stock OS, not Cyanogenmod. Of course it is woefully under-supported, but if you don't care about having an app store or media store, it's worth it for the price I paid (32GB for $150). of course it has no cell radio (3G/4G/LTE reception is not possible), and the screen is low-resolution (1024x768) compared to contemporary offerings. but last I checked it could still play videos from Amazon's instant streaming in its web browser. The PDF viewer is not feature-rich, but it's functional. Skype video chat still works fine. so it still meets most of my needs, but I'd be lying if I said I don't want something better. But more than that, I don't want to spend hundreds more.


Definitely recommend going with Android 4.0 / Cyanogenmod 9. The OS is super polished now, no battery issues, full Google Play/Market compatibility, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, etc, etc.

Last week's CM9 update finally incorporated a working camera patch so Skype is fully functional now. A huge plus is Flash compatibility to watch live sports, etc.

germanpope said:   How are all those HP tablets from last year doing now?

Reading/replying with one running CM9 right now. One of the best $99 purchases I've ever made.

Slider said:   Last week's CM9 update finally incorporated a working camera patch so Skype is fully functional now.

this is great news, I will have to give it a try. thanks.

Slider said: Definitely recommend going with Android 4.0 / Cyanogenmod 9. The OS is super polished now, no battery issues, full Google Play/Market compatibility, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, etc, etc.

Last week's CM9 update finally incorporated a working camera patch so Skype is fully functional now. A huge plus is Flash compatibility to watch live sports, etc.



Thanks for this info. I haven't updated my alarm clock in a while (my Touchpad), and probably wasn't until I heard about something significant in the changelog. Time to update...

dawizard said:   I love my current Kindle fire HD 8.9, but when I visited the Apple Store and held the iPad mini...oh my. The sheer weight of that thing blew me away. I am probably not going to switch to mini just because of the screen resolution (lack of HD) but I wish I *could* switch to something lighter, the Kindle HD feels like a rock now lol

Pick up any 7" tablet and you'll feel the same way. The iPad and other 10" tablets feel even heavier than the Kindle HD...
For most people, a 7" tablet is really optimal....great for gaming, books, etc. The 10" ones work a little better or web browsing, portfolios, etc.

I am so very tempted to answer the survey questions..... but I am not going to ...
Please consider this a mild lesson when posting personal data .... I know the enthusiasm to participate can be overwhelming but please be careful.


utahjazz6677 said:   I called in to Amazon and was able to get a $50 credit issued back to me. Tried to say I was outside the 30 day because I pre-ordered. But I said I didn't recieve it until novemeber. She put me on hold and came back and said a credit will be issued.


A Message from Amazon.com Customer Service‏

















10:52 AM






Reply ▼















Amazon.com Customer Service

















Add to contacts
To



































Hello,

I've requested a refund of $50.00 to your Amazon.com Store Card ****.

You'll see the refund on your Amazon.com Store Card statement in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll also be able to see the refund request here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html?orderID=002-1484...

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A1FVS8BQ25SSSP&k=hy

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A1FVS8BQ25SSSP&k=hn




Best regards,

Abigail A

Methxtra said:   I am actually on the fence about all Three Nexus, iPad Mini and Kindle Fire Hd. Each has its own pros and cons. Price point is either Kindle/Nexus 7. Style in market dominence as well as functionality goes to Mini. However, the mini no being HD is a big con IMO. This sale pushes me towards the KF HD. I think If I could walk into a local store with al three avaialble I would grab the mini. But since my financial options rely greatly with Amazon (more ways to pay) I am partial to this deal.

In a nutshell, I know it has been discussed. Which one is the best way to go for the next 10-13 months?


I am not a big Apple fan, I mean I used to like their products but then got bored really quickly and I am really bought into the Kindle fire, mainly because it is so well integrated with their eco system.

Even though I own the Kindle Fire HD 8.9, when I held that Apple Mini in my hand, I had doubts about whether I wanted to keep the Kindle or not, it was SUPER LIGHT but then when you compare the specs it is really old hardware. If it was Retina display (which I presume will come in a few months) I would have seriously considered returning Kindle but for now I am liking the kindle, it just has such great resolution (and the incredible speakers) that makes you want to use it. Also downloading movies on to it is a breeze (if you have rented from Amazon) etc

Just wondering, can you apply the $25 Amazon gift card you get from buying a Kindle Fire HD at GameStop or Staples to the price of the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 model? Was thinking about getting the Kindle Fire HD for my mom and now the 8.9 for myself.

Bought one for xmas gift.

dave4ster said:   Just wondering, can you apply the $25 Amazon gift card you get from buying a Kindle Fire HD at GameStop or Staples to the price of the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 model? Was thinking about getting the Kindle Fire HD for my mom and now the 8.9 for myself.

You should be able to use the GC on top of the promotional code.

My Dad is just about to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" 16GB Wi-Fi for $349, can anyone tell me how this compares besides being slightly smaller screen size? Also I see this one has a camera in front only.

Thanks

2broke2say said:   germanpope said:   How are all those HP tablets from last year doing now?

Reading/replying with one running CM9 right now. One of the best $99 purchases I've ever made.


I agree 100%. Best bang for the buck when running CM9 on the Touchpad. Picked up 3 of the 32's for $125 and cannot complain.

I got 10% off your next purchase of $100 or more on eligible Amazon products. Can it be combined with the $50 offer? Thanks!

Slider said:   jbigboote said:   germanpope said:   How are all those HP tablets from last year doing now?

Over a year later, mine is actually still working fine, but I am running the stock OS, not Cyanogenmod. Of course it is woefully under-supported, but if you don't care about having an app store or media store, it's worth it for the price I paid (32GB for $150). of course it has no cell radio (3G/4G/LTE reception is not possible), and the screen is low-resolution (1024x768) compared to contemporary offerings. but last I checked it could still play videos from Amazon's instant streaming in its web browser. The PDF viewer is not feature-rich, but it's functional. Skype video chat still works fine. so it still meets most of my needs, but I'd be lying if I said I don't want something better. But more than that, I don't want to spend hundreds more.


Definitely recommend going with Android 4.0 / Cyanogenmod 9. The OS is super polished now, no battery issues, full Google Play/Market compatibility, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, etc, etc.

Last week's CM9 update finally incorporated a working camera patch so Skype is fully functional now. A huge plus is Flash compatibility to watch live sports, etc.


Could you provide the links when I could upgrade to fully functional CM9? PM if you like.
I have CM7 but would like to upgrade to CM9 with video and audio working.

We have been watching prices on the 8.9 since it came out. BB online had a great offer with a $25 gift card with $250 or more purchased online with store pickup. This offer blows that offer away. Love Amazon!!!!!! If your thinking of getting this, the only way I think this deal could be better is if you can get an Amazon gift card at 10% discount through one of the many retail store promotions right now and apply that with today's Amazon promotion. This deal is to good to pass up for us, we are in for 2.

jjjjjjjj said:   I got 10% off your next purchase of $100 or more on eligible Amazon products. Can it be combined with the $50 offer? Thanks!

i mentioned this earlier in the thread...the answer is no...

does the kindle support GPS app, google naviation, Skype, google sms etc ?

Skipping 21 Messages...
wwdme said:   If I'd be shelling out $249, I'd go w/the Nexus7 32gb for the same price.

Im with this guy or gal



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014