• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I took Toys R Us' sunday paper advertisement to best buy. They price matched the 159.99 that was being advertised. Toys R Us obviously made the advertisement as a price mistake because they have since corrected the price online. Best Buy advertises that they will match other retailers print ads.

Toys R Us
Need a Toys R Us coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not cool.

Why not just go to toys r us? wouldn't they honor the ad?

I did the same thing on Sunday (and posted here on that day as well). Toys R Us would NOT honor their advertised price...claimed it was a pricing error. Best Buy stepped up to the plate. Bought 2 Kindle Fire HDs for $159/each (total of $80 savings).

MitchFlorida said:   Not cool.

Why isn't it cool? Best Buy still has the right to not honor every price match from competitors.

Given that they are honoring the price match I give Best Buy a GREEN!

Wow I wonder if I can still get that deal, I have a Best Buy and HH Gregg near by and they price match.

redeye22 said:   MitchFlorida said:   Not cool.

Why isn't it cool? Best Buy still has the right to not honor every price match from competitors.

Given that they are honoring the price match I give Best Buy a GREEN!

Reminds me of a news story I heard on the radio last week about Best Buy. Apparently, a family purchased an iPad online but BB sent 5 iPads to them. The family did the honest thing and contacted BB stating that they had sent them too many iPads and that they would return them. Corporate BB sent them a note saying that it was their mistake and that the family could keep the extra iPads and either give them to friends or family or donate them to their local school. Seems like BB is deserving of a green in this case as well. (if it is not an urban legend generated by BB PR dept.)

Borg20001 said:   

Reminds me of a news story I heard on the radio last week about Best Buy. Apparently, a family purchased an iPad online but BB sent 5 iPads to them. The family did the honest thing and contacted BB stating that they had sent them too many iPads and that they would return them. Corporate BB sent them a note saying that it was their mistake and that the family could keep the extra iPads and either give them to friends or family or donate them to their local school. Seems like BB is deserving of a green in this case as well.

I highlighted the key words. The price of those iPads to Best Buy is a drop in the bucket to the positive PR they gained from letting the family keep it. Given the amount of negative PR with Best Buy lately...they need all the help they can get.

As for them matching it...it seems most cases is where the employee doesn't know/care about it. Per the posts....it seems like every time BB calls to confirm the price with TRU and finds out it's a mistake...the price match is denied.

Best buy is good like that, they honor everything, and if your a premier member at best buy they price match for up too 40 days

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014