• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
At Best Buy, buy two selected Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or Nintendo Wii U games and receive a $40 Best Buy Gift Card for free.

However if you combine it with there price match you can get the two games for less and the gift card. Just don't let management help because they would make you chose between the price or the gift card. Just go straight to check out with the Target ad and the games. Hopefully they haven't corrected the fact that the register gives the gift card automatically.

Target has some of the games for sale in this week ad.

The sale ends Dec. 15, 2012

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

xbox
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I did this yesterday... ordered 2 games for store pickup, gift card is shipping... Ill return the games once the gift card gets here and I get $40 for free

Bdubedub said:   I did this yesterday... ordered 2 games for store pickup, gift card is shipping... Ill return the games once the gift card gets here and I get $40 for free Wow BB never thought of that....... NOT.

They will give you a refund MINUS the $40 GC unless you return it as well.

The games on the reciept I purchased say nothing about the gift card at all.

Bdubedub said:   I did this yesterday... ordered 2 games for store pickup, gift card is shipping... Ill return the games once the gift card gets here and I get $40 for free

I was under the impression this was a site for deal-hunters, not thieves.

Call me what you like... I see how many people jump on all the free gift cards for supposedly test driving cars and 1 in 10 actually do it and the others just lie to get the gift card... who cares...

My young brother's favorite. I'll share this deal with him. Thanks OP!

Bdubedub said:   The games on the reciept I purchased say nothing about the gift card at all.

And there is nothing in your posts to say that "you can't think beyond the obvious" - but that is quite true. When you return the item, they will scan the barcode on the receipt and they will have all the information in their system.

I wish it was that easy, alot of people would do it then.

I had gotten Halo 4 and Hitman from Best Buy for 39.99 each by bringing the Target ad because that is how much Target has it for. Then at checkout the register said I earned the $40 gift card for buying two of the required games. The management had said I couldn't get both deals so I choose the target price but the computer gave me both. So I got the price I wanted and the gift card.

That's awesome jibril! Great idea to use Price Match as well. Amazon has Hitman for 39.99 right now as well if you're looking to buy one game.

Do they have to be in a single transaction? Anyone know if it would work on the kill zone trilogy plus controller that is on sale online? There's a limit of one per order online so I purchased two separately, but if I can add this on top!!

jbserra said:   Do they have to be in a single transaction? Anyone know if it would work on the kill zone trilogy plus controller that is on sale online? There's a limit of one per order online so I purchased two separately, but if I can add this on top!!

There is a specific list of games in the previous posts.

Here's the list. LINK

(Yes, I answered my own question. Thanks)

Is this one per customer? Basically, would they frown if I walked up with a stack of games and did a bunch of two games transaction? I wanted to do the pricematch, but I noticed I didn't receive two gift cards when I added 4 Halo4 copies into my basket.

It could be that it can't be the same game that can be counted as two games or they realised what happen and now you can't combine the price match with the gift card. It could also be that the gift card doesn't show till checkout. I got mine in store so I don't know about online.

I did this yesterday at my local Best Buy. Grabbed the Target ad from next door, walked in got two games on the list and it worked brilliantly. The cashier was amazed and even said "That's an amazing deal!". I just smiled and said thanks and left.

I'm going back tonight to see if I can replicate it and get some christmas gifts. I think I'll use the gift card from yesterday's transactions to make it real cheap!

Bdubedub said:   Call me what you like... I see how many people jump on all the free gift cards for supposedly test driving cars and 1 in 10 actually do it and the others just lie to get the gift card... who cares...

Thank you! Plus all the people on here that tout the "Class Action with no documentation needed!" and "Pricing mistake!" posts. Funny how everyone has morals when it comes to other people's business but somehow they're above reproach.

Worked like a charm with the Target ad in hand. Manager had to override the PM and didn't blink an eye. $40 GC in hand as well. Only had one of the two games I wanted though, so only one PM.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014