• 50" 1080p LCD Display
  • 60Hz Refresh Rate
  • 8ms Response Time
  • 4,000:1 Contrast Ratio
  • 350 cd/m2 Brightness
  • 3 x HDMI Ports
  • 46 x 29.85 x 11.5 Inches (w/ stand)
  • 1-Year Limited Warranty

Normally $488 or more, now $399.00 with free shipping.

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

DELETED

Weird....once I get this into my cart, it reverts to the $488 price.

TommyTuTone said:   Weird....once I get this into my cart, it reverts to the $488 price.

Some other members were reporting the same, but I still show $399 at final checkout. A co-worker had to clear cookies and re-add it to their cart to see the $399 price.

I just bought the 40" Sceptre about 3 weeks ago for $299.00 and you get what you pay for. We are keeping it, it is better then our big box TV. There is a slight shadow that we can't get rid of and if you have to read words (like on the guide channel) it looks kinda blurry. We will keep this for awhile, it is OK for our first flat panel but would not buy again.

Go return it and get another one. It might be defective.

I bought this a couple weeks ago at $429, does WalMart price adjust?

blaster668 said:   I bought this a couple weeks ago at $429, does WalMart price adjust?
ill
u call WalMart, i think they will price match to $399~~~

leestacey said:   I just bought the 40" Sceptre about 3 weeks ago for $299.00 and you get what you pay for. We are keeping it, it is better then our big box TV. There is a slight shadow that we can't get rid of and if you have to read words (like on the guide channel) it looks kinda blurry. We will keep this for awhile, it is OK for our first flat panel but would not buy again.
I've posted this on other threads, but I bought the Insignia 39" 1080p LED on sale at Best Buy for $249 Black Friday weekend. It had a dead vertical line of pixels and I wasn't in live with the PQ anyway, so I returned it and picked up a Samsung 40" for $427 instead. It cannot be said enough: More often than not, you get what you pay for.

WalMart has 90 day return policy. If they do not price match the lower price, you can always return it and buy a new one.

Hoogineer said:   leestacey said:   I just bought the 40" Sceptre about 3 weeks ago for $299.00 and you get what you pay for. We are keeping it, it is better then our big box TV. There is a slight shadow that we can't get rid of and if you have to read words (like on the guide channel) it looks kinda blurry. We will keep this for awhile, it is OK for our first flat panel but would not buy again.
I've posted this on other threads, but I bought the Insignia 39" 1080p LED on sale at Best Buy for $249 Black Friday weekend. It had a dead vertical line of pixels and I wasn't in live with the PQ anyway, so I returned it and picked up a Samsung 40" for $427 instead. It cannot be said enough: More often than not, you get what you pay for.

Agreed. These units are great as secondary or auxillary sets, or to place into a vacation home or something. Wouldn't have it as a primary screen.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014