• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Fairly powerful specs for the price. This should make a great PC for home and school.

Link to Staples

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Toshiba L855-S5372
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do ya think this Toshiba is worth the extra $50?

http://www.adorama.com/TOS875DS7239.html?refby

Toshiba Satellite S875D-S7239 17.3" Noteboook Computer, AMD A10-4600M 2.3GHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Win 7 Home Premium (Upgradable to Win 8 Professional)

The Toshiba Satellite S875D-S7239 represents the best in design, mobility and performance. Housed in ice-blue brushed aluminum, this sleek and fashionable laptop has the power and premium features to let you move from multitasking at work to enjoy your favorite movies and music without skipping a beat. When you need to work on the go, the spacious raised tile keyboard, 10-key number pad and innovatively designed touch pad let you do it in comfort. You will be impressed by the list of multimedia features. So you can enjoy your movies and games in beautiful HD on the 17.3" TruBrite display with LED backlighting along with great sound enhanced by SRS Premium Sound HD.

Free shipping

No ST (about a $37 savings for me)

Unfortunately no coupons

1% FatCash

Can use Discovercard to pay and get 5% CashBack for online shopping, 90-day price protection, Purchase Protection and Extended Product Warranty.

One of the reviews said
"Tried to boot to CD to make a disk image. Refused to obey boot priority set in BIOS. Staples tech called Toshiba. Toshiba said this model does not boot from CD. Returned laptop. Unacceptable!"
Beware for those who like to reinstall this laptop to a different type of OS or have a clean installed windows without all the bloatware.

No issue for me on booting from CD. I have a $10 external drive enclosure. Boot from that, boot from USB, boot from SD if it will, or just pull the drive an restate it on another computer.

I would probably put in an SSD anyway.

Windows 7 (and 8) can create an image booting from the HDD too. I don't understand that persons problem.

I was planning on buying an Ultrabook, but an i7 at this price is great.

I was looking at this one last week and ended up buying the S855-S5378 for another $100. This is a good laptop for sure, the CPU is really good.

AMD cpus tend to benchmark slower than intel i cpus. Also, no Quicksync so slower than Intels for encoding videos by far.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014