• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Enter Promo Code GEESE19 to get 19% off, knocking the price down to $210.59 with free shipping. Comes with keyboard & mouse.

That's the cheapest I've ever seen this desktop, cheaper than refurbished ones.

These have been in and out of stock... get one while you can

PCMAG 4 star rating and Editor's choice

Thanks 4 the update, fatwallet staff!

https://clearance.bestbuy.com/detail/asus-essentio-desktop-with-...
$259.99
List Price: $479.99 You Save: $220.00

Sold Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Text

This desktop features a 750GB hard drive for ample storage space for data files, music, movies, photos and more. The dual-core processor speed and 4GB system memory provide fast power for multitasking. Windows 7 Home Premium preloaded.

VISION Technology by AMD for superb viewing of photos and video
AMD Athlon™ II X2 Processor with AMD Radeon graphics
4GB DDR3 memory expandable to 16GB
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
750GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Model: CM1630-05
SKU: 1243285

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Essentio Desktop
Thanks fuzzwuzzenator
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Scheduled for delivery.

king0fSpades (Dec. 16, 2012 @ 4:27p) |

just got mine. so how do you guys think of this desktop? any opinions?

haleimage (Dec. 20, 2012 @ 11:32a) |

workin fine for me. uninstalled the bloatware then burned recovery discs.

itedinfw (Dec. 22, 2012 @ 4:38p) |

USE COUPON CODE "GEESE19" FOR 19% OFF

Essentio Desktop

https://clearance.bestbuy.com/static/12days
promo code page
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why the red vote, jianhuashao? is the processor way outdated for the price or something or... what!??

That's a good question. I'd like to know why as well. I think it's a really good deal.

all the user reviews date way back to around jan/feb of 2011 so that might explain it.

If you guys can find a better offer for $213, then by all means shed light on a better offer

It's an AMD Athlon II X2 220 processor which has a passmark score of only 1621. My 4 to 5 yr old Intel E6600 C2D had a 1900 passmark. Today's Intel i3 desktops have passmarks from 4000 up and can be had under $300 from time to time. Pretty sure this lacks USB3.0 also but not positive. With that said this is a good basic computer for a really good price. I did better a month or so ago with the Staple$ $100 off coupons but that's in the past.

Good post blueribb. This is a budget PC that'll work for most of us home users who looking for a solid PC. A four star rated desktop for just above $200 that won't break my pocket will do it for me. In Asus Essentio CM1630 reviews on Best Buy and Amazon, they comment on its easy setup and ability to run several applications at once. For purposes like downloading music, editing movies, word processing, and Internet surfing, it shines; users note that gaming is not its strong suit.

Here's the bottom line from PCMAG: (albeit somewhat outdated)

BOTTOM LINE
The Asus Essentio CM1630-05 desktop PC costs less than $500, has few compromises, more features than its rivals, and no bloatware. Therefore we wholeheartedly award it with our Editors' Choice for entry-level desktop PCs.

Thanks, was in the market for a basic desktop for cheap, this is perfect

You're more than welcome, apv7

I'm looking for! Thanks for taking time to share this particular deal.

My pleasure, dymi

wonder how quite this thing is?
I'm trying to quit cable and about the cheapest solution I can come up with is
buy a cheap box that works. Like This???
Add cheap video card with HDMI out
Add Hauppauge HVR950 tuner( i have 2 on hand)
mount antenna in attic
run lead to distribution box
call AT&T and have them come get their boxes
buy 3 refurbed Rokus for streaming

The RINGS18 code has expired...

PC MAG review:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2370315,00.asp

WindWalker said:   wonder how quite this thing is?
mount antenna in attic

1) It has HDMI out already, so you may not need the card. Adding the card won't help much with gaming or anything.
2) Roku isn't great for streaming: You'd have to install Plex on the Roku and run this as a server. But you'd have no way to stream live TV only recorded files.

Promotion code seems to have expired... more specifically:
"We're sorry, the promotion code you entered has expired. Please enter another promotion code or click "Checkout" to proceed with your order"

itedinfw said:   Promotion code seems to have expired... more specifically:
"We're sorry, the promotion code you entered has expired. Please enter another promotion code or click "Checkout" to proceed with your order"

Use" geese19" to get 19% off now.

In for one, good computer for the kids and it is upgradable, I will stick in some left over DDR3 I have and my old 6850 Video Card.

Can you get BB Rewards points on this?

used the new code and worked thank you so much

Same here, used new code, worked fine.

In for 1, nice setup for grandpa...

jdoftx said:   Use" geese19" to get 19% off now.

Thanks, updated the Best Deal with new info!

aautorepair said:   No workee..

Use" geese19" to get 19% off.

got one. Thanks OP

My wife's 3 year old PC is running really slow so I brought this one to replace it, seems like a great deal. I haven't seen $200 for a PC in awhile.

I've been waiting for a refurb or scratch 'n dent from the Lenovo Outlet, which in the past, has quite often had deals in the $150 range for desktops, give or take $50. But I've been checking that site quite often in the last couple weeks, but nothing decent is dropping below even $250 right now.

Hmm, to wait or to jump? Computer would be for my retired Dad who doesn't care one way or another and doesn't tax his current ancient XP computer in the least (email, web surfing, that's it. Even a 250GB hard drive would be too large. , so it's no great rush).

What about $20 bestbuy/facebook/AMEX credit? I order shows up as bestbuy.com. Should be eligible.

Nice deal, but now shows OOS....

KMCHERRY said:   WindWalker said:   wonder how quite this thing is?
mount antenna in attic

1) It has HDMI out already, so you may not need the card. Adding the card won't help much with gaming or anything.
2) Roku isn't great for streaming: You'd have to install Plex on the Roku and run this as a server. But you'd have no way to stream live TV only recorded files.

1. not planning to do any gaming only use would be with TV tuner
2. May streaming is the wrong choice of words-the Roku would act as a pseudo/secondary DVR. Primary would be WMC on this box at each TV. also would allow for Netflix/hulu/et al if want to watch a movie sometime

ETA: if I could find drivers for one of those TVs on a stick I'd go that way-no noise and low power consumption

Great deal but OOS now !

still shows "add to cart" for me at 1:20P EST.

RE:
rings 18

We're sorry, the promotion code you entered has expired. Please enter another promotion code or click "Checkout" to proceed with your order.

ok, this worked

Lets me add item to cart, so that's a good thing and not a tease? lol

yesidonoitall said:   RE:
rings 18

We're sorry, the promotion code you entered has expired. Please enter another promotion code or click "Checkout" to proceed with your order.

ok, this worked

Thanks so much!! What a great price!!

ir0nw0lf said:   Lets me add item to cart, so that's a good thing and not a tease? lol

They will let you buy, but be prepared to get this

What is your backorder policy?
Due to the nature of the products offered on Best Buy Computing Clearance, when these products are gone, they’re gone. Should you accidentally be notified that your item is backordered, please be aware that the order will be canceled.

jdoftx said:   itedinfw said:   Promotion code seems to have expired... more specifically:

Use" geese19" to get 19% off now.

I am predicting the code for tomorrow will be swans20 for 20% off.

lolynn2 said:   yesidonoitall said:   RE:
rings 18

ok, this worked

Thanks so much!! What a great price!!

Once I read "all" I saw this
Use" geese19" to get 19% off
posted by
Logician1313 (Staff)

blueribb said:   It's an AMD Athlon II X2 220 processor which has a passmark score of only 1621. My 4 to 5 yr old Intel E6600 C2D had a 1900 passmark. Today's Intel i3 desktops have passmarks from 4000 up and can be had under $300 from time to time. Pretty sure this lacks USB3.0 also but not positive. With that said this is a good basic computer for a really good price. I did better a month or so ago with the Staple$ $100 off coupons but that's in the past.

Funny but my laptop has a score of around 8000

yesidonoitall said:   ir0nw0lf said:   Lets me add item to cart, so that's a good thing and not a tease? lol

They will let you buy, but be prepared to get this

What is your backorder policy?
Due to the nature of the products offered on Best Buy Computing Clearance, when these products are gone, they’re gone. Should you accidentally be notified that your item is backordered, please be aware that the order will be canceled.

So I shouldn't feel confident unless I get a shipping notification?

mmaf said:   blueribb said:   It's an AMD Athlon II X2 220 processor which has a passmark score of only 1621. My 4 to 5 yr old Intel E6600 C2D had a 1900 passmark. Today's Intel i3 desktops have passmarks from 4000 up and can be had under $300 from time to time. Pretty sure this lacks USB3.0 also but not positive. With that said this is a good basic computer for a really good price. I did better a month or so ago with the Staple$ $100 off coupons but that's in the past.

Funny but my laptop has a score of around 8000

Did it cost $213.19 ?

Skipping 5 Messages...
workin fine for me. uninstalled the bloatware then burned recovery discs.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014