• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ryobi 18-Volt Ni-Cad Starter Combo Kit @ The Home Depot - $79.00
compare at $99.99
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Ryobi 18-Volt Ni-Cad Starter Combo Kit
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

These Ryobi-one+ Ni-Cad batteries are the worst ones I have seen (I buy different brands as that is my hobby!)since 2 or 3 died (using the same negligence on all models in terms of not charging frequently etc.). And recently I bought the Lithium Ion (the BF special) since they talk of interchangeability. I attached the new battery to the light kit from the Ni-Cad and started doing some work. I kept hearing some cracking sound, ignored it for a while and when I finished my work and looked at the light, realized the sound was coming from the light. The upper part became too hot! I wanted to write to the Ryobi engineers but forgot the incidence until I saw this sale.

I love my Ryobi-one+ NiCad. Got it 5 yrs ago in 3 pc Xmas set. Use it all the time... never a problem.(except when my kids unplug the charger) Saw works good too. I'm now looking at the reciprocating saw and the new lithium battery that will work with my set.
Maybe you got a bad NiCad battery... it happens... even with car batteries. As for interchangable...go to Ryobi website... there is info on which pieces(model #) are compatible and which are not. Some older bases & tools are not.
Just FYI. Best of luck!

This is an OK deal, but for my money, I'd wait until they do the "buy a combo get a free x". I have the li-ion drill driver, but wanted a few more batteries, even if they are heavier. Spent $100+tax on this kit and got the multi-tool free. ($65 I think.) Later bought the weedwhacker and blower and got a full size li-ion with quick charger. MUCH better than the 6 hour charger that comes with the li-ion drill driver. This kit includes the quick charger (1h) but will only do the nicads.

I got the Ryobi One+ 18V deal on BF that came with the Li-Ion batteries. Have an older set of 12V Ryobi NiCad drills from a few years ago and the batteries never stay charged for very long. Li-Ion supposedly has a much lower self-discharge rate, so we'll see how these fare.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014