• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hype Mini 1080P Full HD Pocket Projector & Battery Pack for iPhone & IPod @ Buy.com - $179.99
compare at $199.99
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping discounts that earn Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Hype Mini 1080P Full HD Pocket Projector & Battery Pack for iPhone & IPod
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This product can be found at all the usual suspects, but amazingly has not a single review. I also had no luck finding any specs. Maybe it just entered the market?

I'm a bit skeptical about the "1080" part of its name. That'd be impressive. Other pico projectors in this price range are around 640x360.

If anyone grabs one of these, please post a review and specs.

Projects on a screen size up to 5 inches. I guess you could set up a drive in theater for your little plastic soldiers or something.

I also had no luck finding any specs or reviews.

I also had no luck finding any specs or reviews.

Pretty sure there is no way this thing is 1080p - AFAIK there are no Pico Projection modules of that resolution. Typical third party seller on Buy.com - it probably accepts playback of 1080p files, but I'm guessing it'll either be 640x or 800x in it.

Also, the description says "Browse the web at night by projecting your phone onto your ceiling!" - does the iPhone even do that? Last I checked, only certain apps did video out and the browser wasn't one of them (unless you do a jailbreak).

I keep an eye on the pico projectors because at some point I'd love to make my own video globe or snowglobe. But $180 is out of my "weird experimental item of unknown quality" budget.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.