• Text Only
cdawgindahaus said:   Booyeah! 16 GB WiFi iPad w/retina display (aka iPad 4) scored for $509.89 out the door, and $105 Target GCs (6 different GCs) in hand.

$50 GC for iPad
$40 GCs (4 x $10 GC w/$50 purchase coupons)
$15 GC w/$150 purchase coupon found in Target mailer
$8 off $80 Catalina coupon from last week's purchase
And of course 5% Red Card discount

So did you use (4) seperate 10 giftcard coupons or did they just scan one copy 4 times? I need to buy an XBOX and I'm wondering if I can use 4?

-Guru

ListedGuru said:   cdawgindahaus said:   Booyeah! 16 GB WiFi iPad w/retina display (aka iPad 4) scored for $509.89 out the door, and $105 Target GCs (6 different GCs) in hand.

$50 GC for iPad

So did you use (4) seperate 10 giftcard coupons or did they just scan one copy 4 times? I need to buy an XBOX and I'm wondering if I can use 4?

-Guru

I used 4 separate coupons, but I thought I was clear when I indicated "4 x $10 GC w/$50 purchase coupons". They scanned in all four, each resulting in a $10 GC. In the end, I walked out with SIX different GCs, totaling $105.

Will WalMart take this coupons too?

E4300 said:   Was told by two WM store managers that WMT does not pricematch % off coupons. Per the previous post, YMMV, although the $10 off $50 coupon should work.

Competitor coupons have to be for a specific price.

angela167 said:   scan code is 9856-0115-7197-9372-1004-1235-02
it expires on 12/15/2012

that is completely useless

cdawgindahaus said:   I used 4 separate coupons, but I thought I was clear when I indicated "4 x $10 GC w/$50 purchase coupons". They scanned in all four, each resulting in a $10 GC. In the end, I walked out with SIX different GCs, totaling $105.
you cannot use 4 target coupons on the same item

Thank you, hope it's still good!

I got the Catalina $8 off $80 coupon on a $51 purchase earlier today. I say $51 because I bought some gum to get over the $50 mark. I almost cried when the lady in front of me bought $49 of stuff, oblivious to the free money she's throwing away. PS, I've made a few $50 purchases like this and only received the Catalina coupon once.

I don't buy gift cards (of any type).. just 'stuff' that I needed anyway and is a better deal with 20% Cash Back for other stuff I will need anyway.

I went last night and rolled 3 $50 Visa GC and got the 3x$10 GCs. Only the first time I tried it did the cashier say I couldn't do it. . .don't know why though. I walked back to electronics and the cashier back there did all three. Then I bought some groceries and bath and beauty for over $50 and got one more $10 GC. I also got the catalina to print that time.

FYI, one of my Targets has the Suave Professionals Keratin products on sale for $1.84. When you buy 4 you get a $5GC. I really like the conditioner and roughly $3 for 4 bottles is pretty decent. It is definitely YMMV though, because my other Target had them at regular price.

Thanks - planning a trip to Target tonight so great timing!

Had a few things to pick up so used one and handed an extra to the lady in front of me at the register... Merry Christmas!

imanemokid said:   

Like I said, comprenshun is not your strong suit. And cdawgindahaus above mine is the first post that answered the question that I asked.

And clearly spelling is not your strong suit.

You chide me for not "comprehending" something that I never asked, questioned or commented on. I'll say it again. I posted that I used multiple coupons on one transaction, plain and simple. Take your vindictiveness somewhere else.

lordoffire said:   cdawgindahaus said:   I used 4 separate coupons, but I thought I was clear when I indicated "4 x $10 GC w/$50 purchase coupons". They scanned in all four, each resulting in a $10 GC. In the end, I walked out with SIX different GCs, totaling $105.

Umm, it seems like he did.

bru20 said:   lordoffire said:   cdawgindahaus said:   I used 4 separate coupons, but I thought I was clear when I indicated "4 x $10 GC w/$50 purchase coupons". They scanned in all four, each resulting in a $10 GC. In the end, I walked out with SIX different GCs, totaling $105.

Umm, it seems like he did.

then they employee can get in trouble for it...

tried tonight and they limited one per person

lordoffire said:   tried tonight and they limited one per person

Some say there is this mythological internal memo that states that if a customer "demands" that they use more than one (no more than four) on the valid $50 increments, then the cashier should accept and scan the coupons. However, I have not come across this creature so this part of redeeming more than one coupon in one single transaction (on one or more items) is definitely YMMV.

Here is my deal for tonight.
1) Go to Dillons get $200 target gift card. 2X reward points (save $0.40 per gallon)
2) Go to Target grabbed 6 $25 Restaurant GC and 1 $50 AMEX for a try and few snacks.
3) Gives all the items to the cashier in electronic dept, after everything done. Gives all 4 X $10 coupons to the cashier. No problem to get AMEX GC at all this time.

But I don't know the reason why the computer can't take all $200 from the target GC. I ended up with paying $55 oop with $43.82 left in GC.

Got my 6 $25 Restaurant GC, 1 $50 AMEX GC and 4 $10 Target GC.

I think I can't use the Target GC to buy AMEX GC, anyone can confirm?

cdawgindahaus said:   ListedGuru said:   cdawgindahaus said:   Booyeah! 16 GB WiFi iPad w/retina display (aka iPad 4) scored for $509.89 out the door, and $105 Target GCs (6 different GCs) in hand.

$50 GC for iPad

-Guru

I used 4 separate coupons, but I thought I was clear when I indicated "4 x $10 GC w/$50 purchase coupons". They scanned in all four, each resulting in a $10 GC. In the end, I walked out with SIX different GCs, totaling $105.

so you mean to say you bought 4pcs $50 gift card and have the coupon scanned 4 times, or you printed 4pcs copy of the coupon?

hambirg said:   I went last night and rolled 3 $50 Visa GC and got the 3x$10 GCs. Only the first time I tried it did the cashier say I couldn't do it. . .don't know why though. I walked back to electronics and the cashier back there did all three. Then I bought some groceries and bath and beauty for over $50 and got one more $10 GC. I also got the catalina to print that time.

FYI, one of my Targets has the Suave Professionals Keratin products on sale for $1.84. When you buy 4 you get a $5GC. I really like the conditioner and roughly $3 for 4 bottles is pretty decent. It is definitely YMMV though, because my other Target had them at regular price.

So you mean to say I just need to go to the cashier and buy 3pcs $50 giftcard total of $150 and just need to print 1 coupon and they will scan it 3 times? Or do I need to print 3 coupons and buy a $50 gift card in three different cashier?

Some of the red shirts try to be cops. I was buying QTY 3 of something once and two or three of the employees began to freak out.

I suspect that the visa ones don't work in front. Tried it, but no go. The cashier mentioned that someone else had tried as well. I think that the visa and AMEX ones may work in the electronics dept. I gave the front checkout cashier a coupon to use for later. She was so happy.

JKooles said:   hambirg said:   I went last night and rolled 3 $50 Visa GC and got the 3x$10 GCs. Only the first time I tried it did the cashier say I couldn't do it. . .don't know why though. I walked back to electronics and the cashier back there did all three. Then I bought some groceries and bath and beauty for over $50 and got one more $10 GC. I also got the catalina to print that time.

So you mean to say I just need to go to the cashier and buy 3pcs $50 giftcard total of $150 and just need to print 1 coupon and they will scan it 3 times? Or do I need to print 3 coupons and buy a $50 gift card in three different cashier?

To be safe, you should print as many as times as you are planning to use it. One of the electronics cashier said, ahem, I can only let you use this once so I'd advise you to try another register... he hinted that he would get in trouble for doing two transactions.

4Rugal said:   I suspect that the visa ones don't work in front. Tried it, but no go. The cashier mentioned that someone else had tried as well. I think that the visa and AMEX ones may work in the electronics dept. I gave the front checkout cashier a coupon to use for later. She was so happy.

I bought the AMEX GC in electronics dept without problem, but I can't use the target GC to purchase.

RoseArnold said:   Can I buy $50 worth of iTunes and get the $10 gift card?

Yes.

Target has a $60 (contains 4 $15 cards) for $54 deal right now.

That is essentially a way to get $60 in cards for $44 (slightly better than their BF deal).

I tried to use multiple coupons and the register accepted, but the cashier seemed concerned and multiple GCs being spat out and asked the manager on the next line over who came over and acted the police cop (really strictly adhering to the fine print of one coupon per person or transaction). I spent over $350 and got only one GC instead of seven. I did get three others for Enfamil ($10 GC for buying two boxes), though, and I also got to use my 5%-off pharmacy coupon.

I might try to go to a different Target tomorrow and rebuy a bunch of stuff. I'll take a hit on the 5% coupon to come away with a few more GCs (equivalent of 20% off).

Saved $10 off $50, yay! and got the $8 off $80 coupon. Now, if only target sold better GCs.

I was able to stack this coupon with the $20 gift card + 3DS XL w/ built-in Mario Kart for $200. Also got them to price match Best Buy which has it on sale for $160. End result was $160 plus tax for 3DS XL + Mario Kart + $30 Target gift cards. Hot deal. I tried to get them to apply the $10 gift card coupon 3 times to this transaction but the cashier (in electronics) told me that he couldn't apply it multiple times for a single item. Great deal either way.

tajar96 said:   Saved $10 off $50, yay! and got the $8 off $80 coupon. Now, if only target sold better GCs.

Like what?

JDubTrey said:   tajar96 said:   Saved $10 off $50, yay! and got the $8 off $80 coupon. Now, if only target sold better GCs.

Like what?

I know Sephora and Spa (better than Spaweek
.com) would make DW really happy and make my Holiday shopiing easier.

Got microwave for Christmas gift. The price was $99. The cashier accepted two coupons of $50 purchase/$10 target gift card and $8 off $80 coupon for this purchase. I was esactic that I forgot to use my Target GCs from yesteday. The knee jerk response was taking out the SPG card. Go figure!

Can anyone confirm on using Target GC to purchase AMEX GC?

By challenge is trying to find something to blow $50 on, let alone a bigger purchase. Really would be so much easier if we could just use this to buy Target GCs... I refuse to pay the stupid activation fees for Visa GCs...

Mulox said:   By challenge is trying to find something to blow $50 on, let alone a bigger purchase. Really would be so much easier if we could just use this to buy Target GCs... I refuse to pay the stupid activation fees for Visa GCs...

Feel free to walk up to any employee or call customer service and tell them you want to complain that they're not allowing people to buy thousands of dollars of gift cards at 20% off....

As far as I know, you need to print 3 coupons. I also, had the cashier ring up 3 separate $50 transactions, which she was happy to do.

To the poster above that asked about using any of the Target GCs when paying for the Visa or AMEX cards, I ran into that too. Last week I thought it worked, but tonight I couldn't use the Target GCs towards the purchase of the Visa/AMEX cards.

JDubTrey said:   tajar96 said:   Saved $10 off $50, yay! and got the $8 off $80 coupon. Now, if only target sold better GCs.

Like what?

Gas or grocery cards for one would be huge. Also HD/Lowes/Sears for those planning to make large purchases.

I was able to use 12x coupons in 3 transactions no problem. I did ask if she would scan 4 coupons in a transaction ahead of time. Thanks Butcherboy

The gift card selection at my store isn't great, mostly restaurants. I'd like to see some other retail stores.

I only use one coupon at a time, but the lady in front of me in line used 3 in one transaction with no problem. She just handed them over.

The gift card selection at my store isn't great, mostly restaurants. I'd like to see some other retail stores.

I only use one coupon at a time, but the lady in front of me in line used 3 in one transaction with no problem. She just handed them over.

allerobed said:   The gift card selection at my store isn't great, mostly restaurants. I'd like to see some other retail stores.

Oops, didn't mean to send that twice. On a new phone.

Since no one has rained on the parade yet, it's NOT 20% savings. It's AT BEST 17% savings, and that too if you hit a perfect $50 in purchases.

aarzi said:   Since no one has rained on the parade yet, it's NOT 20% savings. It's AT BEST 17% savings, and that too if you hit a perfect $50 in purchases.

I'll take 17% anyday on everyday items, but I have had the opportunity to use it on other item's that also had giftcards, coupons or rebates. Buying $200 worth of visa pre paid cards, less $12.00 activation + $40.00 tgc savings of 14% free money. If you could do that guarnteed anywhere else I'd be all over it! If my math is correct.

I have had purchases where I've had net 40% in savings after coupons and rebates and TGC.

No bubble burst here!

Thanks op!

Definitely a good point, anything over 10% saving is awesome in my book. By the way, which pre paid visa cards have this low activation fees ? The target ones have a $4 fee on $25 so that kills the deal, unless FW is going to show me something and I will see the light that I am missing.

tajar96 said:   Definitely a good point, anything over 10% saving is awesome in my book. By the way, which pre paid visa cards have this low activation fees ? The target ones have a $4 fee on $25 so that kills the deal, unless FW is going to show me something and I will see the light that I am missing.
the $100 Visa cards have a $6 activation fee. The $50 has $5 activation fee.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014