• Text Only
Nice Job!

Would I get multiple if I purchased one expensive item or does it only work if you do smaller $50 transactions?

Mamabean16 said:   Would I get multiple if I purchased one expensive item or does it only work if you do smaller $50 transactions?

depends on how nice the cashier is.

Mamabean16 said:   Would I get multiple if I purchased one expensive item or does it only work if you do smaller $50 transactions?

If it's anything like last week's it purportedly scans up to 4 times in a single transaction. Supposedly there was an internal memo instructing cashiers to do this if the customer insisted. The YMMV part is finding a target employee willing to allow it - at my local store the employees couldn't care less about corporate policies and will shoot down anything out of the ordinary.

danglywallet said:   If it's anything like last week's, it purportedly scans up to 4 times in a single transaction. Supposedly there was an internal memo instructing cashiers to do this if the customer insisted. The YMMV part is finding a target employee willing to allow itWow, an internal Target memo that is customer and coupon friendly. That is much different than last year when using this coupon; I once had a security guard follow me around the store from register to register

Wonder if you can stack these and buy ipad and get the $50 gift card promotion? Guess it depends on the cashier? Anyone try this?

here we go again
another round of stacking up gift cards
the last one that expired 12/8 allowed multiple uses in a single transaction (e.g. if your total purchase was over $100, you got 2 GCs if coupon is scanned twice and if over $150, you got 3 GCs if scanned 3x)
hopefully it works the same thing time
thanks OP

Butcherboy, don't let the official nit-picking, bitter crowd on this Forum give you a hard time just because someone pee'd in their Wheaties. This is a fabulous post -- however you found it -- and greatly appreciated by me!

TYT

danglywallet said:   If it's anything like last week's it purportedly scans up to 4 times in a single transaction. Supposedly there was an internal memo instructing cashiers to do this if the customer insisted. The YMMV part is finding a target employee willing to allow it - at my local store the employees couldn't care less about corporate policies and will shoot down anything out of the ordinary.
kaytelynn said:   Wonder if you can stack these and buy ipad and get the $50 gift card promotion? Guess it depends on the cashier? Anyone try this?

Sure, if you cut your ipad into 6 or 8 pieces...

...it does say Limit 1 coupon per transaction

(who was the purportedly?)

BUT... if you wanted to save a few bucks you could buy some $50 mastercardz to buy your ipad

(just like gas cards that almost everyone can use)

imanemokid said:   Mamabean16 said:   Would I get multiple if I purchased one expensive item or does it only work if you do smaller $50 transactions?
danglywallet said:   If it's anything like last week's it purportedly scans up to 4 times in a single transaction. Supposedly there was an internal memo instructing cashiers to do this if the customer insisted. The YMMV part is finding a target employee willing to allow it - at my local store the employees couldn't care less about corporate policies and will shoot down anything out of the ordinary.
kaytelynn said:   Wonder if you can stack these and buy ipad and get the $50 gift card promotion? Guess it depends on the cashier? Anyone try this?

Sure, if you cut your ipad into 6 or 8 pieces...

...it does say Limit 1 coupon per transaction

(who was the purportedly?)

BUT... if you wanted to save a few bucks you could buy some $50 mastercardz to buy your ipad

(just like gas cards that almost everyone can use)

Success buying pre paid visa again in $100 denomination, less $6 activation, next y up ipad!

kaytelynn said:   Wonder if you can stack these and buy ipad and get the $50 gift card promotion? Guess it depends on the cashier? Anyone try this?Target gift cards stack. When you use them to make a purchase the gift cards are a form of payment. It does not depend on the cashier. What does depend on the cashier is their willingness to scan the coupon multiple times for each $50. Or take multiples of the $10 for $50 coupon. The $50 coupon will spit out in any case.

Does anyone know if you can use the coupon when you are paying with a Target GC? I'm not buying more gift cards, just trying to use the ones I have up on groceries, ect....

sdnatv said:   Does anyone know if you can use the coupon when you are paying with a Target GC? I'm not buying more gift cards, just trying to use the ones I have up on groceries, ect....Yes, the gift cards are a form of payment. Will work just fine. You will still get the $10 Tgc if you give them the coupon and spend over $50. Rolled many a Tgc last week.

could not get it to print Installed coupon thingy and nothing happens?

mathfaster said:   sdnatv said:   Does anyone know if you can use the coupon when you are paying with a Target GC? I'm not buying more gift cards, just trying to use the ones I have up on groceries, ect....Yes, the gift cards are a form of payment. Will work just fine. You will still get the $10 Tgc if you give them the coupon and spend over $50. Rolled many a Tgc last week.

so you buy 50gc you get 10 gc?

Awesome!

Woohooo. . .round two! I rolled enough $50GC last time to buy $60 worth of stuff. I still even have 2 $50GC to start up the rolling. .. niiice!

Bump!

someone on SD said the coupon didn't scan at the register. anyone tried it yet?

Any reason why you can't use this with the 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart ($199) which comes with a $20 GC this week? Or price match to BestBuy ($160) and get both gift cards?

I used it at lunch. Scanned fine for me.

I was able to get 3 $10 GC in two transactions...easily.

Transaction #1: One toy and another @ 50% off to equal just over $50. Had a $5 off $35 toy purchase. Also had 5% Pharmacy discount, 5% REDCard and 10% Team Member discount. Paid $41.44 and got the first $10 GC.

Transcation #2. I asked the cashier if he would scan both GC coupons and he said sure. Roughly $107 in purchases. Used $8 off $80 coupon. Then 5% Pharmacy discount, 5% REDCard and 10% Team Member discount. Paid $83.29 and got two more $10 GC.

Good day.

edit: Wife also spent $50 and used a $5 coupon plus all the other discounts and also got a $10 GC. So 4 $10 GC in total.

Yeldarb1 said:   could not get it to print Installed coupon thingy and nothing happens?

could not get WHAT to print?

Q on T.com or PDF from this thread

bru20 said:   I was able to get 3 $10 GC in two transactions...easily.
Transaction #1: etc etc and got the first $10 GC.
Transcation #2. I asked the cashier if he would scan both GC coupons and he said sure. Roughly $107 in purchases. Used $8 off $80 coupon. Then 5% Pharmacy discount, 5% REDCard and 10% Team Member discount. Paid $83.29 and got two more $10 GC.

Good day.

"I was able to get 3 $10 GC in two transactions...easily. etc etc and 10% Team Member discount."

Helps if you work there, I suppose. But that purchase was able to be separated out into 2 $50+ purchases. I would like to know if anybody has gotten multiple GCz on a single $100+ purchase?

imanemokid said:   
"I was able to get 3 $10 GC in two transactions...easily. etc etc and 10% Team Member discount."

Helps if you work there, I suppose. But that purchase was able to be separated out into 2 $50+ purchases. I would like to know if anybody has gotten multiple GCz on a single $100+ purchase?

First, the cashier didn't know me from Adam as I'm not the employee. And Team Member discounts are taken after everything else.

Second, you don't read very well. I did get two $10 GCs in one transaction. I got three total. Well actually four including my wife's purchase. So three transactions, four GCs. Could easily have been done in one. Just have to be nice.

oh gawd! all this talk of it working multiple times makes me so want someone to try to use this on a ipad and see if the coupon works 4 times. i really wanna know!!!

imanemokid said:   Yeldarb1 said:   could not get it to print Installed coupon thingy and nothing happens?

could not get WHAT to print?

Q on T.com or PDF from this thread

Have you tried power-cycling your printer?

bru20 said:   I was able to get 3 $10 GC in two transactions...easily.

Transaction #1: One toy and another @ 50% off to equal just over $50. Had a $5 off $35 toy purchase. Also had 5% Pharmacy discount, 5% REDCard and 10% Team Member discount. Paid $41.44 and got the first $10 GC.

Good day.

edit: Wife also spent $50 and used a $5 coupon plus all the other discounts and also got a $10 GC. So 4 $10 GC in total.

Enlighten us on this 10% team member discount....

Was just at the store. Coupon scans but doesn't work on visa gc.

moneynomore said:   Was just at the store. Coupon scans but doesn't work on visa gc.

this is hit and miss, I picked up 3 Visa gift cards in 3 Chick fil A Gift cards with 2 separate transactions no problem.

went back into a different cashier and it would not work.

isamerican said:   moneynomore said:   Was just at the store. Coupon scans but doesn't work on visa gc.

this is hit and miss, I picked up 3 Visa gift cards in 3 Chick fil A Gift cards with 2 separate transactions no problem.

went back into a different cashier and it would not work.

Could the cashiers be scanning it differently? With some GCs you have to scan one barcode to ring up the item and another to activate. Perhaps sequence matters?

bru20 said:   imanemokid said:   

First, the cashier didn't know me from Adam as I'm not the employee. And Team Member discounts are taken after everything else.

Second, you don't read very well. I did get two $10 GCs in one transaction. I got three total. Well actually four including my wife's purchase. So three transactions, four GCs. Could easily have been done in one. Just have to be nice.

Actually, I read quite well... (Evelyn Woodhead Speed Reading Course - Magna Cum Laude)...you didn't get the point. Your transaction that I DID realize you had gotten 2 GCz in 1 Xaction... I just stated that it would be able to be separated into 2 if they didn't accept the 2 Qz for 2 GCz.

What I still haven't seen yet is 1 Xaction w/ 1 item being purchased over $100 that was able to use 2+ Qz.

And non-employees get Team Member discounts... enlighten me, too

& And ..."Could easily have been done in one." I can guarantee you that there are more peepz here that have dealt w/ T cashiers/policies/etc that would disagree w/ you.

Team Member's REDcards get 15% off, I believe.

At 2nd target, coupon still won't work on visa. A nice manager did the override for me.

Thank you!

No go at the 3rd target at two different registers. The cashier would take them, but the register wouldn't. An error popped up saying return the coupon back to the customer. No qualifying purchase is present. And I printed 80 of these darn things LOL.

moneynomore said:   No go at the 3rd target at two different registers. The cashier would take them, but the register wouldn't. An error popped up saying return the coupon back to the customer. No qualifying purchase is present. And I printed 80 of these darn things LOL.

What did you try to buy? Target's giftcards?

got a Virgin Mobile top up card no problem just like last week, i would also like to know if you buy a total over $100 because they have the docsis 3 modem for $89 with a $20 gc so if i buy $11 additional item could i get 2 $10 gc

altkb said:   oh gawd! all this talk of it working multiple times makes me so want someone to try to use this on a ipad and see if the coupon works 4 times. i really wanna know!!!

If you really want to know, then why don't you try it and let us know?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014