• Text Only
My target sucks, they only carry the $25 cards. So, the thinking is that we use 4 coupons on one $200 GC purchase to pay low activation and maximize GC. This is why I love FW. Thanks 4Rugal.

isamerican said:   aarzi said:   Since no one has rained on the parade yet, it's NOT 20% savings. It's AT BEST 17% savings, and that too if you hit a perfect $50 in purchases.

I'll take 17% anyday on everyday items, but I have had the opportunity to use it on other item's that also had giftcards, coupons or rebates. Buying $200 worth of visa pre paid cards, less $12.00 activation + $40.00 tgc savings of 14% free money. If you could do that guarnteed anywhere else I'd be all over it! If my math is correct.

I have had purchases where I've had net 40% in savings after coupons and rebates and TGC.

No bubble burst here!

Thanks op!
11.6%, but who is counting?
I am with you. Was just having fun. Trying to be grown-up and avoiding smileys.

tajar96 said:   My target sucks, they only carry the $25 cards. So, the thinking is that we use 4 coupons on one $200 GC purchase to pay low activation and maximize GC. This is why I love FW. Thanks 4Rugal.
actually two $100 gift cards (with two coupons each, possibly two different transactions) with $6 activations each. The problem I ran into was that the guy at the electronics wouldn't try scanning two coupons, saying that he couldn't do it. And it's true, the coupon states that it's only one per transaction. So only if you find someone who was willing to try it out... but they may get in trouble later.

I don't get all the success stories on buying GCs. I've been shot down twice at 2 locations each... tried to buy $50 prepaid Visa for $55.00. Cashier was amenable, but system would not accept coupon. She read me the error message-- something like "no qualifying items purchased." Also tried $50 in restaurant GCs. Same error. This was at 2 Norcal locations. Seems hard-coded in the computer to reject coupon on these purchases

labboypro said:   I don't get all the success stories on buying GCs. I've been shot down twice at 2 locations each... tried to buy $50 prepaid Visa for $55.00. Cashier was amenable, but system would not accept coupon. She read me the error message-- something like "no qualifying items purchased." Also tried $50 in restaurant GCs. Same error. This was at 2 Norcal locations. Seems hard-coded in the computer to reject coupon on these purchases
I know... and it's so awkward to say... "I don't want it then."

Did you try the electronics counter?

I was able to use this at the electronics this morning. She had to call the manager before she even attempted to scan saying how some people are using this multiple times. But the system took it without any problem.

4Rugal said:   labboypro said:   I don't get all the success stories on buying GCs. I've been shot down twice at 2 locations each... tried to buy $50 prepaid Visa for $55.00. Cashier was amenable, but system would not accept coupon. She read me the error message-- something like "no qualifying items purchased." Also tried $50 in restaurant GCs. Same error. This was at 2 Norcal locations. Seems hard-coded in the computer to reject coupon on these purchases
I know... and it's so awkward to say... "I don't want it then."

Did you try the electronics counter?

No, one was regular line. The other was the Express* line (* where "Express" means "I should have gotten in a regular line because this took 3x as long").

So after getting several of these $10 gift cards...how many of them can be used toward one purchase...for example if i got 6 $10 gift cards and decide to purchase an item for $75 will they let me apply all 6 gift cards toward that purchase or do they have a limit on how many gift cards can be used toward a purchase?

maxon782 said:   So after getting several of these $10 gift cards...how many of them can be used toward one purchase...for example if i got 6 $10 gift cards and decide to purchase an item for $75 will they let me apply all 6 gift cards toward that purchase or do they have a limit on how many gift cards can be used toward a purchase?
Yes, the target gift cards are treated like "cash". Imagine that they are $10 bills. They will scan them in for you one at a time.

for those who keep asking about WalMart, please check out their coupon policy here-
http://corporate.walmart.com/coupon-policy

and

price match policy-
http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

it should answer your questions

shot down today at the same store i was successful in last week.
Today, cashier ran through 1 transaction of $200 with 4 coupons. She started the second one and a manager came over and said no and voided out the transaction that was in progress. Since I was running late for work, couldn't try electronics. May try to go back tomorrow...

gizmo said:   JDubTrey said:   tajar96 said:   Saved $10 off $50, yay! and got the $8 off $80 coupon. Now, if only target sold better GCs.

Like what?

Gas or grocery cards for one would be huge. Also HD/Lowes/Sears for those planning to make large purchases.

I agree about gas. I think that came to mind right after I posted the question.

emmd2001 said:   shot down today at the same store i was successful in last week.
Today, cashier ran through 1 transaction of $200 with 4 coupons. She started the second one and a manager came over and said no and voided out the transaction that was in progress. Since I was running late for work, couldn't try electronics. May try to go back tomorrow...
That's basically what happened to me. The cashier started doing it, then the manager came over and voided my GCs.

Big thanks! I made (15) $50 trips tonight and knocked out a majority of my Christmas shopping

4Rugal said:   tajar96 said:   My target sucks, they only carry the $25 cards. So, the thinking is that we use 4 coupons on one $200 GC purchase to pay low activation and maximize GC. This is why I love FW. Thanks 4Rugal.
actually two $100 gift cards (with two coupons each, possibly two different transactions) with $6 activations each. The problem I ran into was that the guy at the electronics wouldn't try scanning two coupons, saying that he couldn't do it. And it's true, the coupon states that it's only one per transaction. So only if you find someone who was willing to try it out... but they may get in trouble later.

i had the same thing happen in electronics but i had bought the docsis modem and the glade buy 5 get a $5 gc. he told me i had to split it up which i couldn't, but i did give him 2 other $25 gc and got the $10 gc. i then went up to the front and their was no problem the csr scanned 2 coupons and i got back $45 in gift cards 1- $20 2- $10 & 1- $5

how does this work when using a RedCard? Does a $50 restaurant gift card work, or do you need $52.50 in purchases?

I scored $52 worth of goodies and walked out with $20 in gift cards. Now that is a score. To top it off, I used my card for an additional 5% plus manufacturers coupons and target coupies. Thanks OP!

I posted some deals to combine with this on grocery forum (Schick razors, Dr. Scholl's gel cushions and link to Mio post). Text

Used the Target AMEX $50 I bought yesterday and Target GC bought from Dillons. Bought another 2 $50 AMEX GC and $100 Restaurant without problem. But they don't accept Target GC on purchase of AMEX GC. So I used AMEX GC to pay the AMEX GC, and the rest pay with Target GC and my CC. Got another $40 Target GC.

I had printed out 5 I only bought enough to use 2 so I gave 3 away to some very happy customers

Interesting experience tonight, first brought 2 $100 Target AMEX to Video area to check out, the coupon didn't scan, later brought two $100 Target Visa to front line, coupon scanned fine, 4 in one transaction, got $40 GC. I grabbed two more $100 Visa cards, went back to the same checkout, but this time the coupon didn't scan, only a few minutes apart from the first transaction.

goldmareese said:   I scored $52 worth of goodies and walked out with $20 in gift cards. Now that is a score. To top it off, I used my card for an additional 5% plus manufacturers coupons and target coupies. Thanks OP!

How did you get $20 in giftcards versus $10 ?

I've got about $200 in iTunes and Starbucks gift cards + some other stuff (about $50) and walked out with $50 in Target gift cards. I had to pay for them separate to get each $10 Target gift card.

Thank you very much for posting this!

transaction #1: buy $50 GC get $10 targie GC and pay $50 ~ 16.6% "savings"
transaction #2 buy $50 GC USE targie $10 GC from #1 and pay $40 and get another $10 GC ~ 20% "savings"

aarzi said:   Since no one has rained on the parade yet, it's NOT 20% savings. It's AT BEST 17% savings, and that too if you hit a perfect $50 in purchases.

AMEX GC with the coupon is not working this morning anymore in my target electronic dept. It worked yesterday. I guess they review the sales and fix it.

I used 2 today along with a $10 off $100 Catalina.

I bought gift cards (no Visa or Target, just restaurants), wrapping paper, gift boxes and some groceries. I spent $78 (I used one $10 card from a previous purchase) and walked out with two more Target GCs.

These folks at checkout are getting smarter and smarter. I was given a tough time with the coupon on my phone and I could only use one per day. Ended up leaving some stuff there, will try another Target for the rest. Also, they wouldn't allow me to use the coupon in the Target prepaids. This is near Downingtown, pa.

The managers are strictly enforcingthe single use now at my 2 local targets in Denver, CO

tajar96 said:   These folks at checkout are getting smarter and smarter. I was given a tough time with the coupon on my phone and I could only use one per day. Ended up leaving some stuff there, will try another Target for the rest. Also, they wouldn't allow me to use the coupon in the Target prepaids. This is near Downingtown, pa.

I wouldn't think they would let you just show them the coupon on the phone. Target has to have the physical coupons in the drawer

not having the phyiscal coupon has worked the last 3-4 times. I guess we are nearing the end of the rope.

so what waterpunk

waterplank said:   azs1 said:   Expiration date? (See it now; thanks...)

Copy posted at SD where Butcherboy got the post

Bought $250 in gift cards got $50 target gc. Had to return 2 GCs (bought wrong ones) - still got to keep my $10 target GC that came with it! I wonder If it still will work

Triple scored tonight at 1 store, but they didn't have the Xbox holiday bundle in stock for $249. Went to the next nearest store that had one and the cashier was unsure if she was allowed to take 5 coupons... so she called the Team Lead over and of course you know what happened. Got time to try one more store for the Xbox...

I used two and gave two to some other customers. Thanks OP for a great deal!

Mulox said:   Triple scored tonight at 1 store, but they didn't have the Xbox holiday bundle in stock for $249. Went to the next nearest store that had one and the cashier was unsure if she was allowed to take 5 coupons... so she called the Team Lead over and of course you know what happened. Got time to try one more store for the Xbox...

I got lucky in electronics tonight she did 4x coupon in one order (plus put 4x$10 all on one $40 GC instead of 4x $10 GCs). I don't think the computer will take 5 coupons, I believe 4 is max? Pretty typical coupon policy is 4-like coupons per purchase

neednowallet said:   Bought $250 in gift cards got $50 target gc. Had to return 2 GCs (bought wrong ones) - still got to keep my $10 target GC that came with it! I wonder If it still will work

It should.

BTW, Toys R Us has just settled class action suit against them where they would "revoke" bonus cards if you returned the items that generated them (ie, for Target, when you spend $50, you get the $10 GC... return something from the $50 and you would, under TRU policies, lose the $10 GC). The court decided (and this is a huge paraphrase) that the bonus was earned with the PURCHASE, returns notwithstanding, so they couldn't be revoked. I happen to agree, but fear the abusers who will buy $50, get the reward, then head straight over to the returns desk to return the $50 merchandise. We'll see.

Thanks OP. Got $1000 in Disney Gift Cards for upcoming trip.

Three transactions between $50 and $53. Walked out with 3x $10 GCs. Used Target gift cards for each purchase. Nothing special there, really.

Does anyone know of a way to turn Target gift cards into something good at other stores? We can only use so many restaurant gift cards (those are readily available for purchase). I have access to nearly unlimited Target $250 gift cards (via Capital One No Hassle points on a business card that currently has 1 million points). Amazon or Wal-Mart cards would be fantastic. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thank you op and target for making this a better Christmas than it world of been!

My kids enjoyed suprising people with the coupon, sometimes just tossing it in their cart or just putting it in with their items in check out.

Sure glad this is over tired of target.

Happy holidays all!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014