• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
/edit/ Amz has updated their T&C- IF you are not signed up for Amz Mom, use the link below to signup and the coupon will be active within 24hrs. Thanks to revjosh for seeing this on the T&C page!

Just saw this in my email...

Kindle Fire 159 -> 139
Kindle Fire HD 199 -> 174
Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 299 -> 249

with the code "FIREMOMS"

Amz link

/edit/ It looks like the direct link to update your "Amazon Mom" status is here. I'm a dad and still qualify

Terms and Conditions:

• You must be a current member of Amazon Mom and a paid member of Amazon Prime. New T&C:If you are a new Amazon Mom member or just became a paid member of Amazon Prime, the promo code will become available 24 hours after activation of your account.
• The promotion is valid for a limited time only. You must redeem your promotional code by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time), December 18, 2012. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion at any time.
• If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the promotional code will not apply.
• The promotion is limited to one per customer.
• The promotion applies only to Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HD 8.9” and Kindle Fire HD 8.9” 4G LTE Wireless devices sold and shipped by Amazon Digital Services. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers.
• If you return items purchased using a promotion code, we will subtract the value of the promotion code from your return credit.
• Promotion codes may not be combined with other offers.
• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Offer is not transferable, not exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash, and is void where prohibited by law.
• If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the promotional code discount will not apply.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Kindle (3.19kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
They are. That's why it's $15 cheaper.

craigrt (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 5:23p) |

LMAO...dude really? Did you consider the fact it is $15 cheaper?

HELPDESKGUY (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 6:54p) |

fyi i missed the 12/18 deadline on this deal but was still able to get a $25 account credit from Amazon customer service... (more)

squid729 (Dec. 21, 2012 @ 8:34p) |

• Also categorized in:

Kindle Fire HD 8.9, half the price of a Ipad? I'm in! Thanks.

After your free trial period, you’ll be automatically upgraded to Amazon Prime for $79 per year (unless you decide to opt out).

Looks like Amazon is having another "Fire" Sale? At least this time they expanded to the 7" Fire HD and the Fire 1st Generation.

I am debating whether to trade my original Fire for the 7" HD. I believe GameStop is offering $100 credit for the trade-in.

i just signed up for Amazon moms and tried the code and it did not work. I am a prime member
anybody know why?

sob29 said:   i just signed up for Amazon moms and tried the code and it did not work. I am a prime member
anybody know why?

terms say "current member" so im sure it means its targeted and wont allow same day sign up to get the deal

I bought 2 "regular" fires and the discount was $50.00 (25 each).

seanws said:   sob29 said:   i just signed up for Amazon moms and tried the code and it did not work. I am a prime member
anybody know why?

terms say "current member" so im sure it means its targeted and wont allow same day sign up to get the deal

Now that you're signed up I would try hitting the Amazon Chat and say "I'm a current member, can you please apply the promotion to my order?"

Alternatively, you can wait until tomorrow and try again- the coupon is good until the 18th... maybe their system needs to refresh to show you're an Amazon Mom member?

However, T&C say you need to be BOTH an Amazon Mom and paying Amazon Prime member...

I also assumed it would work due to reports from the other day on the Just Dance $10 off code (DANCEMOMS) working for customers that had /just/ signed up for Amazon Mom.

Yep, not working here either. I am on a trial membership that came with my wifes Fire. Plan on going on paid subscription after. Too bad, would have pulled trigger on an HD fire with this promo today. May try the chat thing later.

How annoying are the "Special offers and sponsored screensavers display on the Kindle Fire HD's lock screen"? Is it worth the $15 to not have them, or are they not intrusive?

Bought one a week ago and I am returning it and bought 2 with this promo. Thanks OP

WolfZombie said:   How annoying are the "Special offers and sponsored screensavers display on the Kindle Fire HD's lock screen"? Is it worth the $15 to not have them, or are they not intrusive?

/I'm not speaking from experience, however/ Since they are just on the lockscreen they can be easily ignored, but more importantly, the offers I've heard are actually pretty good. This is the same business model that they had for the normal Kindles and people didn't mind them, and those that didn't have the offers were trying to figure out ways to get them.

I don't know if the offers are "meh" now, but I know earlier this year people were clamoring over them.

No love from the chat. Must be a PAID memeber of prime and Moms. I am on a 1 month free trial since my wife just got a kindle on the 139 promo a few weeks ago. They would not budge.

I like the coupon code

Wolfxombie:

Not annoying at all - only appear on the lock screen.

Not as attractive as a screen saver, but how long do you stare at the lock screen?

DontTreadOnMe said: Yep, not working here either. I am on a trial membership that came with my wifes Fire. Plan on going on paid subscription after. Too bad, would have pulled trigger on an HD fire with this promo today. May try the chat thing later.

DontTreadOnMe said:   No love from the chat. Must be a PAID memeber of prime and Moms. I am on a 1 month free trial since my wife just got a kindle on the 139 promo a few weeks ago. They would not budge.

If you plan on going to the paid sub anyways, and you're set on getting one, why not just signup for it?

I guess you could just wait for another deal to pop up... seems like all kinds of deals are happening this holiday...

I am prime just signed up for moms. Coupon still doesn't work? Anyone?

Terms and Conditions
• You must be a current member of Amazon Mom and a paid member of Amazon Prime. If you are a new Amazon Mom member or just became a paid member of Amazon Prime, the promo code will become available 24 hours after activation of your account.

Looks like the code should work tomorrow for those that just signed up for moms.

Also, was just able to get a price match locally by printing off the offer page and taking into the store.

Been waiting for a deal on an HD! Thanks

Where are you able to get price match?

thanks

I just got my 8.9 and it kind of sucks... you all are not missing much.

Well, my GF does a lot of reading and she has a Kindle Touch I got her for last Christmas. She likes to read in bed often so I may end up saving a few $$ and getting her the first gen Fire and skip the HD.

revjosh said:   Terms and Conditions
• You must be a current member of Amazon Mom and a paid member of Amazon Prime. If you are a new Amazon Mom member or just became a paid member of Amazon Prime, the promo code will become available 24 hours after activation of your account.

Looks like the code should work tomorrow for those that just signed up for moms.

Also, was just able to get a price match locally by printing off the offer page and taking into the store.

Thanks! Clearly Amz has been taking CSR requests on this and updated the page. I'll update T&C now in OP.

confirmed working for me now.

when adding two Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB I get $50 off instead of $40...

I find them very intrusive and timed to come up at just the wrong time!!!!

It works. Saved $50 on Fire 8.9" and $10 on the charger. Thanks OP!!!

Thanks, OP! Signed up for Amazon Moms to take advantage tomorrow

Thanks! I've signed up and will be making a purchase tomorrow. I'm still not sure if I will get the 7" or 8.9" HD. Would love info from anyone who's used either. I have an iPad 2 at home which has been taken over by my son. I was going to buy a cheap tablet initially to use when I travel for work, and ended up raising my spend to $200 for either the 7 inch Kindle HD or the Nexus 7. I decided on the Kindle Fire so I can read books and watch movies with prime (will cancel Netfix), and now wondering if spending $75 more for the larger one makes better sense. I would love input from anyone who's faced the same dilemma.

theospurs said:   Thanks! I've signed up and will be making a purchase tomorrow. I'm still not sure if I will get the 7" or 8.9" HD. Would love info from anyone who's used either. I have an iPad 2 at home which has been taken over by my son. I was going to buy a cheap tablet initially to use when I travel for work, and ended up raising my spend to $200 for either the 7 inch Kindle HD or the Nexus 7. I decided on the Kindle Fire so I can read books and watch movies with prime (will cancel Netfix), and now wondering if spending $75 more for the larger one makes better sense. I would love input from anyone who's faced the same dilemma.

I personally prefer the larger screen for the little bit more than it is. I find it harder to use the 7"...just too small for me. The same reason I am getting rid of my iPhone4, screen is just too small...

Bought one the day this posted 8.9 thx OP had to pay/upgrade to paid prime and call in but they were very good at taking care of it.

Thanks. I usually lean towards the larger screens (I have an HTC One X for my phone), and would definitely prefer the 8.9. My main reason for asking for advice is portability with the 7" (as well as increasing cost - i was initially going to spend less than $150), but I also dont want to regret it later.

Did anyone else who signed up yesterday have issues using the promo code to work?

Yes, but only because I am trial Prime member... Not sure if this counts as paying prime member...

I'm on a trial Prime membership as well and I've been told I must be a paying member...I get that. I need two Kindles but I was also told only one Kindle Fire HD will be discounted once my trial is cancelled and I pay the $79.

Was anyone else able to buy more than one with a single membership?

I got it to work last night, and also signed up for the Amazon credit card and got an extra $50 off, making it $199 total.

I signed up for the free trial last week and just tried to purchase two Kindle Fire HD's today with the discount...no luck. Oh well, I'm was going to get one for my four-year-old and one for my six-year-old along with a Fisher Price tough case but not at the current price.

I refuse to pay for a product and then have to pay an additional $15 to stop ads. They should be paying me $15 to have the ads.

Skipping 4 Messages...
fyi i missed the 12/18 deadline on this deal but was still able to get a $25 account credit from Amazon customer service on 12/20. was shut down first by chat but then successful by email. took about 2 hours and credit showed in my account, then purchased the 32gb KindleHD for $224. YMMV but worth trying if you are buying anyways. Amazon customer service = awesome! then shipped to my christmas destination which remains tax free to save another $15. merry christmas to me!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014