Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Onkyo HT-3400 5.1 Home Theater Package $149 Free Shipping! ends 12/16/12

5 of 6
Ataristyle
12/15/12 3:54 PM
No confirmation as of yet that it shipped, only order confirmation.
jsehlms
12/17/12 1:28 PM
I didn't receive any email confirmation as well so I called to verify order went through. Was charged to my cc and gentleman on the phone said it went through and was shipped out that morning. So hopefully by Wednesday I'll have mine. Really wish I had a tracking number though. Their online site doesn't even track your orders.
Ataristyle
12/17/12 5:29 PM
Yeah, that part kinda stinks. Just got mine about 10 mins ago FedEx. Gonna open it up now.
Ataristyle
12/17/12 7:22 PM
Well, I must say the system is pretty damn nice. Plenty loud for a small to medium size room. Even some larger rooms this system would hold its own. The receiver did get a little warm so make sure not to stack anything on top that would prevent it from cooling. 80 is max volume which I never run my stuff on max. At 60 the level is pretty loud and sounds decent out of the speakers. 70 is about as loud as I would push it if you want it to last. The speakers are definatley a higher frequency sound than the ones on my onkyo ht-r530 system. That's not comparing apples to apples since my older system has 3 to 4 times larger speakers vs these ones. Also they are wooden housing which makes a good sound. The sub on this one sounds good, not too over powering. At 70 level and higher it cranks in a room that is 12x20 and for being a sub relying on power from the received it is good. All in all the system is very good for the money. Comparing to systems that are twice the price it still holds a good ground. Comparing to systems $400+ you'll notice this may not hit the mids like the others. For what it is it is perfect and even if I paid $250 for this Id still be happy with it. The receiver and speakers came sealed up all cables there for speakers in a sealed bag. Panasonic batteries sealed for the remote along with a remote. By looking at the condition of everything I would say the refurb went something like this...the receiver did not pass QC on the new assembly line so it went back for repair and since it can't be sold for new they boxed it with speakers, put "refurbished" decals on everything and thus a refurb home theater. Having only messed with the receiver for a 1/2 hour I can't give a full depth review but only comparing to a system I've owned for a while now. Curious what others have to say about the system who jumped on the deal.
locdogg
12/18/12 8:56 PM
i got mine today. very happy w/ it, thanks Ataristyle. glad i got in on this!
jbserra
12/20/12 1:58 PM
locdogg said:   

anyone got theirs yet?

No, not even a tracking number. Come on Onkyo!
jbserra
12/20/12 2:58 PM
Just as I'm cursing their name and the rain turns into heavy wet snow, BAM, there it is on my front door step. Woo hoo! Let the games begin!
jbserra
12/21/12 3:47 PM
Hey, does anyone recommend a squaretrade warranty for these receivers? It looks like you can get 3 years for $41, there are coupons to bring that price down and they cover shipping to/from their warranty repair location, parts + labor. Seems like a good deal, but I wasn't sure how well it worked for a receiver. Let me know your experience!

Thanks
qzhang4041
12/21/12 4:32 PM
Got mine today, unfortunately, it has the known problem as Sudden Shut down and or Static Noise from speaker, that defects listed on the web:
http://www.onkyousa.com/001A_modelreturn_enter.cfm?error=10&CFID...
j007m
12/21/12 4:39 PM
jbserra said:   

Hey, does anyone recommend a squaretrade warranty for these receivers? It looks like you can get 3 years for $41, there are coupons to bring that price down and they cover shipping to/from their warranty repair location, parts + labor. Seems like a good deal, but I wasn't sure how well it worked for a receiver. Let me know your experience!

Thanks

do they do refurbs?
5 of 6
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.