• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
He is a can-do hero who realizes that sometimes innocent people have to die in order to save Earth, so accuracy of gun fire is not a real concern to him. This is the award winning game that helped define the FPS genre and introduced unparalleled interactivity and a talking main character.

LINKY

Member Summary

Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I spent many, many hours with Duke 3D growing up. I even built a custom map of my house (two-story which was difficult at the time) and surrounding yard. SO many good memories playing over the modem with friends.

I bit, thanks.
Only ever played the original D3D; never got any of the expansions.

Thanks OP.

Super-green for Mac (dos box) version.

Thanks, OP, and green

Pull up the GOG catalog and change price (far right filter) to "Free" to bring up other games currently free right now. I found four others that I added in addition to Duke Nukem, including Ultima IV and Dragonsphere (a fun little adventure game I actually played almost 20 years ago).

It's pretty sad and amazing at the same time that my phone can run this better than my computer at the time.

High resolution packs, enhanced music packs, and xxx packs of the PG13 or R rated variety available here:
http://hrp.duke4.net/download.php

thanks OP. is this website legit? They ask for your birthdate. Just wondering if other ppl have used them before with no ill effects? Thanks!

GoG is legit. I have used them for a couple years now. They were founded on the belief that games should be DRM free. The birthday is probably a legal requirement because the game is rated M (18+).

fatalfury said:   GoG is legit. I have used them for a couple years now. They were founded on the belief that games should be DRM free. The birthday is probably a legal requirement because the game is rated M (18+). Further, their premise is that if they make games available free of DRM, people will be more honorable in purchasing them (at a substantially low cost) instead of pirating them. Personally, I think it's great. I mean, who really wants to pirate, say, Neverwinter Nights, when you can but it DRM-free for $10 ($5 on sale)?

Download it already.
What are you waiting for, Christmas?

Hoogineer said:   Pull up the GOG catalog and change price (far right filter) to "Free" to bring up other games currently free right now. I found four others that I added in addition to Duke Nukem, including Ultima IV and Dragonsphere (a fun little adventure game I actually played almost 20 years ago).
Actually, as soon as I created an account, it gave me all these free ones!

Thanks! Brings back the memories of all that "studying" in the dorms.

Redbeard25 said:   Super-green for Mac (dos box) version.

What do you mean DosBox version? Can I somehow use the mac osx installer version to install on ubuntu?

thehyperpiper said:   Redbeard25 said:   Super-green for Mac (dos box) version.

What do you mean DosBox version? Can I somehow use the mac osx installer version to install on ubuntu?

If it's meant for DOSBox.. I don't think it matters what OS you are running.

i kinda like this gog.com site, has this one for free, gives you free old school games when you become a member and has the witcher 2 for $7.49 for another 12 hours

Yes, gog.com is great. I've even repurchased a couple of games I have on physical media. For $5, sometimes less, it's just not worth the hassle to try to reinstall, figure out compatible settings, deal with DRM. I haven't bought a ton from them, but a few a year for a few years now I think. Never a hitch.

jnheinz said:   thehyperpiper said:   Redbeard25 said:   Super-green for Mac (dos box) version.

If it's meant for DOSBox.. I don't think it matters what OS you are running.

yeah, that's how i read it, but the mac osx installer is a dmg package, like the installshield for the windows version. You'd have to extract the package somehow and update the registry,etc, right?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014