• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sears has this stainless steel Kenmore dishwasher half off for today only. I bought it last month but haven't installed it yet, so can't comment on the dishwasher itself, but it has 5 out of 5 stars with 9 reviews on Sears' website. Free in-store pickup or delivery starting at $69.99. Offer ends 12/13/2012.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02212093000P

Member Summary

Kenmore 24'' Dishwasher
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
nice deal. picked one up

wpc (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 9:24p) |

Stainless is better because it is quieter and the water can be heated hotter.
As far as the fish smell is concerned, that... (more)

mistycoupon (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 10:22p) |

Ok found it.. Look at the price now.. Great find..

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02212093000P?lid=IExTra...

normal1 (Dec. 14, 2012 @ 1:17p) |

10% CashBack with ShopDiscover

for people who do not have discover card (pasting Gimmeit's post from below)

EXTRA $35 off orders of $300 or more with Coupon Code: SEARS35OFF300AFFILIATEDEALS

and 8% fat cash

349.99 - 35.00 - 25.20 = 289.79

Not sure if extra parts are needed (install kit, etc).
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

EXTRA $35 off orders of $300 or more with Coupon Code: SEARS35OFF300AFFILIATEDEALS

and 8% fat cash

349.99 - 35.00 - 25.20 = 289.79

Not sure if extra parts are needed (install kit, etc).

With the coupon it's sub $300 which is pretty darn good for this dishwasher.

Note that even though the outside is stainless steel, the tub inside is plastic. There ARE dishwashers with stainless steel insides AND outsides.

I've been shopping for a dishwasher for a few months now. Well watching prices anyway. This is a great deal. Was ready to make the purchase but, the main deal buster for me is how loud it will be. This is on the very high end of loudness scale for dishwashers.

Good deal, however there was better one a month or so ago. I got it for:

Initial Subtotal:
$379.99
Tax:
$21.20
Your Savings:
$123.00
Total:
$278.19

Kaadamson said:   With the coupon it's sub $300 which is pretty darn good for this dishwasher.

Note that even though the outside is stainless steel, the tub inside is plastic. There ARE dishwashers with stainless steel insides AND outsides.

Yep, I will pass this for the same reason.

Thanks kaadamson. Noise is the only reason mine needs to go. So replacing it with another loud one would blow. Green for op. it is a great deal if someone doesn't care about noise!

All these machines clean by throwing high pressure "soapy" water
around inside a tub, that's as high-tech as they've gotten.
No ultrasonic-beams, no nano-bots, not even a robo-hand with an smelly sponge.

Generally, the difference between noisy & quite DW is result of how much
sound insulation material is plastered outside, around the machine's tub,
also, some glued on material is helpful where tub has resonance,
lastly, Seals at the front edge, between the DW and adjacent cabinets.

When they're on display, often you can just pull them out of a row to have a look.
So, have a look at the difference between the quiet ones and the noisy ones.
You may see that you want to add $30 in materials, 1/2 hour shopping and
1/2 hour labor and make a $300 DW near as quiet as a a $900 unit.

Shrug -- Hey, it's your money.

Not the most romantic Christmas present but........... On second thought, I think I'll give it to MYSELF and save myself the divorce. Thanks for the lead. I'm in for one!

I bought this a couple weeks ago when it was on sale. (price then ended up being about $265 plus tax)

As far as the noise, I think it is pretty quiet, much quieter than my previous washer. Noise is not an issue for me. If you want, you could make it quieter by fitting a rubber seal between the washer and cabinet.

I was suprised to see on a dishwasher with a list price of $700 the dish racks were pretty basic. No adjustable tines or height, also expected a utility basket or two to be mounted on the door like my previous washer.
Still, I would give it 4 out of 5 stars and I think it is a great value at $300 or less.

(an installation tip....if you are replacing an older washer, the water hookups have changed. You will need an adapter or better yet, get an installation kit which includes numerous adapters and stainless steel hose. Home Depot sells the kit for about $15)

sirmicro said:   I've been shopping for a dishwasher for a few months now. Well watching prices anyway. This is a great deal. Was ready to make the purchase but, the main deal buster for me is how loud it will be. This is on the very high end of loudness scale for dishwashers.

I have it and It's not that loud

Gimmeit said:   EXTRA $35 off orders of $300 or more with Coupon Code: SEARS35OFF300AFFILIATEDEALSSEARS2012 stacks as well

catguy said:   Kaadamson said:   Note that even though the outside is stainless steel, the tub inside is plastic. There ARE dishwashers with stainless steel insides AND outsides.Yep, I will pass this for the same reason.The two people I know who have stainless inside the dishwasher both have issues with their cleaned dishes smelling like dead fish. I've never heard of the problem in plastic ones. Coincidence or misattribution? Perhaps, but I'm personally not so eager to do the inside stainless route.

Not too loud, cleans great. Only beef is that it's slightly smaller inside than my old one, but for the price it was definitely worth it.

10% CashBack with ShopDiscover

BTW, in for one, been waiting for a dishwasher deal. The total came out to be:

Initial Subtotal: $358.97
Tax: $16.20
Your Savings: $35.00
Total: $340.17

This include power supply cord.

It also suggests to buy an installation kit which is for $14.99 which I also bought.

Thanks OP, green

Just buy it, I did and it's not that loud at all. I just installed it with the thickest insulating blanket that would fit into the hole the DW sits in and it's really nice.

Best of all, it Cleans dishes really good, no problems at all and I have had this for about a month now. Took me about an hour to install (that includes going to Ace Hardware to get a water line adapter, $8 and change) all the other parts I already had from old DW.

Dotbody said:   catguy said:   Kaadamson said:   Note that even though the outside is stainless steel, the tub inside is plastic. There ARE dishwashers with stainless steel insides AND outsides.Yep, I will pass this for the same reason.The two people I know who have stainless inside the dishwasher both have issues with their cleaned dishes smelling like dead fish. I've never heard of the problem in plastic ones. Coincidence or misattribution? Perhaps, but I'm personally not so eager to do the inside stainless route.I would say coincidence. I've has a SS tub Bosch DW for about 8 years now -- no such smell. Maybe they need to clean out the drain filter,

This dishwasher is awesome. My wife and I bought this about three years ago and its been fantastic. We literally JUST sold our house and needed another dishwasher, great timing... Thanks OP!

comprx said:   Dotbody said:   catguy said:   Kaadamson said:   Note that even though the outside is stainless steel, the tub inside is plastic. There ARE dishwashers with stainless steel insides AND outsides.Yep, I will pass this for the same reason.The two people I know who have stainless inside the dishwasher both have issues with their cleaned dishes smelling like dead fish. I've never heard of the problem in plastic ones. Coincidence or misattribution? Perhaps, but I'm personally not so eager to do the inside stainless route.I would say coincidence. I've has a SS tub Bosch DW for about 8 years now -- no such smell. Maybe they need to clean out the drain filter,

I would check out how the dishwasher drain ties into the trap under the sink. It sounds like they might not have proper venting (air behind water) which is allowing sewer gas back into the dishwasher.

Where are the controls hidden?

Not that hot when compared to the Whirlpool WDF510PAYS that Lowes had with Cash Back and free shipping a month or so ago!! We got that one and are very happy with it. Would have liked a stainless interior but this unit is preforming perfectly and was a super deal!!! Lowes took the old one away for free even! and we happened to have a Lowes credit card from buying a washer on a deal a couple of years ago and got an additional 55 off using that.

The Whirlpool unit has the controls on the front while these are on the top of the door. The whirlpool has light wash and heavy duty while the kenmore has pots and pans and quick wash. This unit is 4 cycles and the Whirlpool is a 5 cycle unit.

I had mine installed today, and it's really just at the same noise level as the 6 1/2-year old Frigidaire it replaced. The 57 Dba was my one worry before I installed it, but now I'm very happy with the deal. This one has fewer wash cycle options than my old one, and no upper rack adjustments, but I didn't use most of those anyway so this will get the job done for me. The installer said this one is made by Whirlpool under the Kenmore badge and was a very good mid-level machine and a steal at the deal price.

bought one last time for under 300. replaced a 17yr old dishwasher and much much quieter. I did reuse the thicker insulation from the old one so its double insulated and its virtually inaudible when watching TV less than 10ft away. Not sure how it would sound without it. Cleans very well using quantum tablets. Don't believe the regular price though since no genuine 600-700 dw would come with pvc coated racks. Only time will tell how long racks will last.

You might be a redneck if your idea of "Loading the Dishwasher", is bringing home a sixpack.

sorry...couldn't resist.

I purchased this one a month ago for a little less and I like it.
I got some blue 3/4 foam insulation board and lined the walls of my cabinets while I had the dishwasher out and I also used the old insulation for extra on the back and top.
It is quite quiet now compared to the old machine.

This is the Whirlpool model WDT710:

http://www.whirlpool.com/kitchen-1/dishwasher-%26-cleaning-2/dishwashers-3/-[WDT710PAYH]-1003279/WDT710PAYH/

This is a higher model than the one on sale at Lowes during BF

catguy said:   Kaadamson said:   With the coupon it's sub $300 which is pretty darn good for this dishwasher.

Yep, I will pass this for the same reason.

I got a dishwasher with stainless inside and now find myself cleaning off water spots from the shiny metal door, something I never did with the old plastic tub of the previous washer. i don't find any other advantage to having a stainless steel interior other than an empty ego boost from having this prestigious feature.

I have this dishwasher. Works well. Very quiet. I would recommend especially for that price. (I paid slightly more.)

Thanks for the tip! Will pass on this one for that reason.

nice deal. picked one up

Dotbody said:   catguy said:   Kaadamson said:   Note that even though the outside is stainless steel, the tub inside is plastic. There ARE dishwashers with stainless steel insides AND outsides.Yep, I will pass this for the same reason.The two people I know who have stainless inside the dishwasher both have issues with their cleaned dishes smelling like dead fish. I've never heard of the problem in plastic ones. Coincidence or misattribution? Perhaps, but I'm personally not so eager to do the inside stainless route.

Stainless is better because it is quieter and the water can be heated hotter.
As far as the fish smell is concerned, that is chemically impossible.
Only thing fishy here is that belief.

Ok found it.. Look at the price now.. Great find..

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02212093000P?lid=IExTra...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014