QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Staples 12/16-22 Free Rewards 2013 Desk Calendar, Duracell Batteries, $68 FAMIR McAfee Title, FREE EzR PHOTO PAPER! more

4 of 12
wam1
12/13/12 11:39 PM
labboypro said:   

foxmon said:   

Just out of curiosity, what do you do with all the FAR stuffs you buy?



I ran all the paper through the shredder, added some water to the the $0.01 Elmer's glue, and made a giant paper mache statue.



Cool! What was the statue of? Pics or it didn't happen. LOL.
wam1
12/13/12 11:53 PM
metsfan said:   

foxmon said:   

Just out of curiosity, what do you do with all the FAR stuffs you buy?



My fiancee is a teacher, so all the reams of paper can go right to a school that needs it. (Not that it couldn't if she wasn't.) Photo paper I actually use a decent amount, but have a ton stocked up. I actually really like the one in this week's ad, the Staples Photo Supreme Matte paper, it's good stuff. Software I've taken to just ordering the download version online for credit card rewards, skipping the boxed/coupon in store as stock is always a problem anyway. So nothing to do anything with for software other than delete an email.

Other office supplies get used or donated as well.



Right on. I also buy up as many of the FAR copy paper as I can. My roommate is a public school teacher and the unfortunate reality is that the state/school system does not provide enough supplies for teachers to effectively do their job, thus forcing them to spend their own money on basic/necessary supplies so they can teach effectively. It doesn't sound right (or fair) to me, having worked for corporations that don't make you pay for your supplies that are required to do your job, but (as my roommate says) teaching in a public school is a whole different thing. My roommate spends hundreds of dollars each year out of the kindness of her own heart for supplies that she feels are necessary to provide to the students.

So, I get her all the reams of free paper that I can get my hands on, which she uses for the kids.

Carry on!
emp1
12/14/12 6:27 AM
wam1 said:   

metsfan said:   

foxmon said:   

Just out of curiosity, what do you do with all the FAR stuffs you buy?



My fiancee is a teacher, so all the reams of paper can go right to a school that needs it. (Not that it couldn't if she wasn't.) Photo paper I actually use a decent amount, but have a ton stocked up. I actually really like the one in this week's ad, the Staples Photo Supreme Matte paper, it's good stuff. Software I've taken to just ordering the download version online for credit card rewards, skipping the boxed/coupon in store as stock is always a problem anyway. So nothing to do anything with for software other than delete an email.

Other office supplies get used or donated as well.



Right on. I also buy up as many of the FAR copy paper as I can. My roommate is a public school teacher and the unfortunate reality is that the state/school system does not provide enough supplies for teachers to effectively do their job, thus forcing them to spend their own money on basic/necessary supplies so they can teach effectively. It doesn't sound right (or fair) to me, having worked for corporations that don't make you pay for your supplies that are required to do your job, but (as my roommate says) teaching in a public school is a whole different thing. My roommate spends hundreds of dollars each year out of the kindness of her own heart for supplies that she feels are necessary to provide to the students.

So, I get her all the reams of free paper that I can get my hands on, which she uses for the kids.

Carry on!

My wife is a public school teacher and gets NO supplies. When I heard donate the paper to a school when they are a teacher I was confused, I'm like why would you donate when you teach and need paper and then I realized maybe some schools actually do give supplies (or at least paper), lol. My wife's school doesn't even have a copy machine and they don't supply her with any paper so we need all the free paper we can get. They only gave her 1 copy of each book so she must photo copy everything for her students, luckily she's a special ed teacher so she only has 12 students. We're spending hundreds of dollars a year on supplies that should be given to us by the school, we could file a "grievance" with the union but then she probably would not have a job next year (not tenured). Thanks to all the FW'rs who help score some FAR and MM deals so we can recoup some of our spending.
niniss
12/14/12 6:36 AM
MISTERCHEAP - Do these FAR items (software or photo papers) also apply to online purchases or have to buy from Staple store? Thanks in advance.
MISTERCHEAP
12/14/12 6:49 AM
niniss said:   

MISTERCHEAP - Do these FAR items (software or photo papers) also apply to online purchases or have to buy from Staple store? Thanks in advance.



the software should be available online as well.

The paper is an instore only deal, won't be online most likely.
MISTERCHEAP
12/14/12 6:52 AM
mathfaster said:   

MISTERCHEAP said:   

..yes, you are right. but a troll can drive you to do stupid things sometimes!

Sometimes it is better IMHO to post things as NEVER than have to explain exceptions FOREVER.



yes mathfaster, I hear ya!
niniss
12/14/12 6:56 AM
MISTERCHEAP said:   

niniss said:   

MISTERCHEAP - Do these FAR items (software or photo papers) also apply to online purchases or have to buy from Staple store? Thanks in advance.



the software should be available online as well.

The paper is an instore only deal, won't be online most likely.



Appreciate your quick reply!
reubenp
12/14/12 7:20 AM
I'm new at all of these Staples deals, so I hope this question isn't redundant. I see that you can use rewards and buy easy rebate items to convert to cash, but can you purchase the McAfee and receive the mail in rebate?
MISTERCHEAP
12/14/12 7:26 AM
reubenp said:   

I'm new at all of these Staples deals, so I hope this question isn't redundant. I see that you can use rewards and buy easy rebate items to convert to cash, but can you purchase the McAfee and receive the mail in rebate?



yes you can.
VivYip
12/14/12 7:26 AM
reubenp said:   

I'm new at all of these Staples deals, so I hope this question isn't redundant. I see that you can use rewards and buy easy rebate items to convert to cash, but can you purchase the McAfee and receive the mail in rebate?



i'll find out...(i purchased McAfee during thanksgiving online using the rewards...) supposedly it should be no problem, since the MIR should be a set amount, but McAfee used to be picky (1 rebate per unit, upto purchase price....) others shold be able to give you a better answer...
4 of 12
Please select a reason for your RED vote:








You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
Loading...